Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guide: Guardian DPS for PVE Raiding

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Guide: Guardian DPS for PVE Raiding

GarfieldJL
08.15.2012 , 04:02 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mattmonkey View Post
Try using in on fleet when you have no focus. You will find that it dose not give you any focus.

Lyrik
Are you in shien stance?

Mattmonkey
08.15.2012 , 05:45 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Are you in shien stance?
Lol thx v much. i do my dailies in tank stance. your right in shien stance it produces 1 focus - so its not completely useless just mostly useles .

CitizenFry
08.16.2012 , 05:05 AM | #23
Cool, I had not noticed that Smash is a focus generator.

Is it universally agreed to get the 4-piece bonus for reduced minimum range on Saber Throw, or do some people pick up the 2-piece bonus for reduced cost on the execute?
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay

Zaxem
08.16.2012 , 06:26 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Mattmonkey View Post

Regarding Blade Storm: many people use the priority SUNDER - PB - OS SUNDER (MS / BS) SUNDER - STRIKE PB etc. Hitting MS if it procs and using BS if it dosent. This is very good i used it for a long time no question it works well it creates 2x30% chances to proc MS and if you dont proc MS you get a BS that crits - your bleeds are up a lot.

I have been trialing SUNDER - OS - BS SUNDER (MS / PB) SUNDER - STRIKE OS. I think this is a little better for a couple of reasons. BS and OS have 6 second bleeds and PB has a 12 second bleed so you dont need to use PB so often. PB hits for about half the initial damage that BS does (1000 or 2000 with crit vs 3000k every time); PB has a 12 second bleed so using it again before your 12 seconds are up is sub optimal because of the poor initial damage. If MS does not proc when you hit OS you are going to hit PB anyway so nothing lost re MS or using BS first; however if you hit PB and MS procs you can go straght to it and avoid the extra sunder and a strike this saves a gcd or two from time to time. So there are various advantages. In my dummy tests it is better but not by a huge amount - best thing is to try different ways and test them yourself.

BS and OS are both 4 focus, PB is 5 so actually the most expensive ability has the major limitations to work around re length of bleed and poor initial damage - if you let the bleed go for 12 seconds then it produces the most DPS (and the best sort of DPS i.e. passive DPS that happens while you do other stuff) but if you clip it short using it again before 12 sec are up then its not close to OS or BS in DPS output.

Lyrik
i have noticed that i do more dps with that rotation. expect i do master strike then sunder if it proc's the the only issues i find if i don't get a good amount of MS proc's in the begging i find my self having a tad rage issues tho it's most likely my fault since i put looks > 4 set since i'm a jugg and i hate how the set looks
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Mattmonkey
08.16.2012 , 02:48 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaxem View Post
i have noticed that i do more dps with that rotation. expect i do master strike then sunder if it proc's the the only issues i find if i don't get a good amount of MS proc's in the begging i find my self having a tad rage issues tho it's most likely my fault since i put looks > 4 set since i'm a jugg and i hate how the set looks
Yeah this is a raid boss rotation no question. the first 10 seconds will be lower DPS than if you hit PB immedialty. if I have a full focus bar when I enter a fight I will hit MS PB then rotation 2. Or even PB BS OS MS Dispatch which is the top DPS burst for a short fight (bombads on kephess).

The thing with procing MS is that we get a 30% chance each time we use PB or OS. So even on a long fight you can be unlucky and not proc MS much - this is the nature ofthe beast unfortunitly using PB and OS one after the other does not increase this 30% per use chance.

Of course sometimes we get lucky and proc MS each time we hit OS now with the rotation i am suggesting you are going to find yourself wanting to insert as PB so you get that bleed up....

Lyrik

Dalfurend
09.13.2012 , 07:32 PM | #26
I see your dps is getting higher and higher, sir.

You used the pwr augments instead of str?
Zetsuma/Mittsu
---The Soji Legacy---
<Lethal Dose Fifty>

Mattmonkey
09.13.2012 , 07:40 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Dalfurend View Post
I see your dps is getting higher and higher, sir.

You used the pwr augments instead of str?
lol nope Strength > Power - take a look at the chart showing diminishing returns on str - I will stack str to 2500+

I had a couple of minor upgrades mainly level 61 hilt - I did swap my Matrix Cube out for a second War Hero power relic this dopped my crit by about 1% and my strength from around 2300 to where it is in that screen shot. With the relic change my bonus power went up 10 points and i thought that was worth while.

The 66 strength from the matrix cube does not compaire well to the 113 power from the war hero relic. If we got to choose between 113 str or 113 power i would go strength.

Dalfurend
09.14.2012 , 10:49 AM | #28
Dude, nice job on them parses, seriously. Knowing that the guardian can actually hit higher number than I was getting has help a bit. I'm getting > 1650 consistently now, hit 1700 a couple times.

And seeing as our dispatch is almost a 100% crit, we are actually in the game.
Zetsuma/Mittsu
---The Soji Legacy---
<Lethal Dose Fifty>

TwistedTony
09.14.2012 , 01:43 PM | #29
*stands up and applauds* To the OP that made this guide, you sir made me a firm believer that guards are good dps. As a full BH geared veng jug, i lost a little bit of faith but after seeing a parse thats 1735? Thats just 90 less than the highest sent parse ive ever seen. Bravo sir, bravo
The Bastion - Descension
Rexas - Juggernaut, Predatus - Marauder, Malitus - Assassin
Vigilax - Guardian

CitizenFry
09.15.2012 , 11:48 AM | #30
I really need to make myself sit down and make a spreadsheet to compare power vs crit so I can try to math out exactly where the right balance is. It's so hard to tell even from looking at combat dummy parses exactly where that balance should be, particularly with this spec that is so RNG dependent. Not just whether you get a refresh on Master Strike/Ravage, but also which hits you're rolling the crits on. If most of your crits are on the third hit your DPS is going to appear higher...
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay