Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

the jedi consular vs the sith inquisitor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
the jedi consular vs the sith inquisitor

Maaruin's Avatar


Maaruin
08.06.2012 , 07:11 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinemetu View Post
Not really.
Well, yes, it could. Probably. It did block a ghost once. But the Consular had to fight every person he shielded before the ritual. So he would have to win against the Inquisitor first.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

GrandMasterOteg's Avatar


GrandMasterOteg
08.06.2012 , 09:50 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinemetu View Post
Uh... where is it stated that he's more powerful? You missed a lot of dialogue if you think you can use the shielding technique and be just fine. It's stated that it almost kills you. Of course, they screwed the pooch when they wrote the consular and that doesn't really show up beyond dialogue, but it's there.

Besides, we're talking about who would win in a fight. What's the consular gonna do? Shield him to death... from... uh...? It's a technique with a pretty limited application, whereas the Inquisitor's story ability seems pretty good for defense and attack. As a bonus...

Spoiler
With the shielding technique the JC could hypothetically free all of the SIth ghosts from the inquisitor, then proceed to kick the **** out of him.

Maaruin's Avatar


Maaruin
08.06.2012 , 10:20 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMasterOteg View Post
With the shielding technique the JC could hypothetically free all of the SIth ghosts from the inquisitor, then proceed to kick the **** out of him.
But as I said, shielding doesn't work in battle. (I like the consular much more than the Inquisitor, but this is just how it is in the game.)
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
08.06.2012 , 10:52 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMasterOteg View Post
With the shielding technique the JC could hypothetically free all of the SIth ghosts from the inquisitor, then proceed to kick the **** out of him.
Again, you lot are acting like the SI is nothing without her ghosts, this couldn't be further from the truth.

DarthJopeous's Avatar


DarthJopeous
08.06.2012 , 11:05 AM | #35
Revan and Satele Shan are both Consulars that about sums up who is the most powerful. Consular in storyline is pretty epic even if diplomat. No outside ghotst needed. Revan mentioned his spec tree I think which is balance. But he does do both jedi and sith powers.

Sinemetu's Avatar


Sinemetu
08.06.2012 , 11:19 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Well, yes, it could. Probably. It did block a ghost once. But the Consular had to fight every person he shielded before the ritual. So he would have to win against the Inquisitor first.
No. The shielding technique is a specific ritual designed to sever the plaguemaster's link--Morrhage--from controlling his victims. That's all it ever does. We may as well pretend that the ghostwalking ritual also allows the Inquisitor to bind the Consular in some way because at this point you're just trying to put a square peg in a round hole.
Legion: Geth do not infiltrate.
C-Sec Customs: You should leave your personal synthetic assistant at home. They're not allowed on shuttles anymore.
Legion: Geth do not intentionally infiltrate.

Maaruin's Avatar


Maaruin
08.06.2012 , 11:34 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinemetu View Post
No. The shielding technique is a specific ritual designed to sever the plaguemaster's link--Morrhage--from controlling his victims. That's all it ever does. We may as well pretend that the ghostwalking ritual also allows the Inquisitor to bind the Consular in some way because at this point you're just trying to put a square peg in a round hole.
But it can do more:

Spoiler


Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Again, you lot are acting like the SI is nothing without her ghosts, this couldn't be further from the truth.
Not nothing, but he/she is less powerful without the ghosts. He wouldn't win against Thanaton without them.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Chikun's Avatar


Chikun
08.06.2012 , 11:43 AM | #38
If this is a battle of prep time needed the answer is obvious.

The Batman.
FEED ME

Sinemetu's Avatar


Sinemetu
08.06.2012 , 11:50 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
But it can do more:

Spoiler
You kinda just demonstrated that it can't do more.

Spoiler
Legion: Geth do not infiltrate.
C-Sec Customs: You should leave your personal synthetic assistant at home. They're not allowed on shuttles anymore.
Legion: Geth do not intentionally infiltrate.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
08.06.2012 , 11:59 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Not nothing, but he/she is less powerful without the ghosts. He wouldn't win against Thanaton without them.
That was because the SI took the shortcut to power, instead of choosing a much longer road, she was still powerful enough to do things that Sith Lords for generations couldn't do, like defeat Khem Val.

And Khem Val himself states that the Sith Inquisitor is the natural successor to Tulak Hord.