Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

the jedi consular vs the sith inquisitor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
the jedi consular vs the sith inquisitor

stuffystuffs
08.03.2012 , 09:29 AM | #11
It would probably depend on the individual.

My SI is insane and my Consular comes off as the highly competent and perfect child prodigy type that she is, so I'd say my JC would kick my SI's hiney.

Sinemetu
08.03.2012 , 05:40 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardim View Post
If we're talking raw power, I'd say SI would only have a chance of winning if he/she

Spoiler
Only because...

Spoiler

I didn't see a lot to indicate the Consular is really all that powerful. Spent most of the story doing diplomacy, whereas the Inquisitor has some of the most powerful Sith out there gunning for her from near day 1.
Legion: Geth do not infiltrate.
C-Sec Customs: You should leave your personal synthetic assistant at home. They're not allowed on shuttles anymore.
Legion: Geth do not intentionally infiltrate.

TheChervil
08.03.2012 , 06:14 PM | #13
Inquisitor.

The Consular will be reined in by the fact that he is "light side" force-wise.
Therefore while he will be fighting to survive and defend, he will ultimately also be trying to not kill his opponent.

The Inquisitor on the other hand is not constrained by this.
In fact, he will be actively trying to kill his opponent using any method necessary.
This ability to act unrestrained, limited only by power and wits, will win out in the long run over someone who is being "held back" by a moral code.

That's why Vader had to kill the Emperor for Luke.
Luke's conscience wouldn't let him attack the Emperor, even though he knew that killing him would end untold suffering.
He was more worried about his own "force alignment" than saving the galaxy from oppression.

Raltar
08.03.2012 , 06:33 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinemetu View Post

I didn't see a lot to indicate the Consular is really all that powerful. Spent most of the story doing diplomacy, whereas the Inquisitor has some of the most powerful Sith out there gunning for her from near day 1.
The Jedi Consular is more powerful than anyone else in the Force. The shielding technique he learns is incredibly power and most that use it die after only a few times. The consular uses it a bunch of times and is no worse for wear. The fact that he can do this shows how strong he is in the Force. Just because it isn't flashy like force lightning doesn't mean he isn't the strongest in the Force.

TheChervil
08.03.2012 , 06:49 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Raltar View Post
The Jedi Consular is more powerful than anyone else in the Force. The shielding technique he learns is incredibly power and most that use it die after only a few times. The consular uses it a bunch of times and is no worse for wear. The fact that he can do this shows how strong he is in the Force. Just because it isn't flashy like force lightning doesn't mean he isn't the strongest in the Force.
Unfortunately strongest in the Force in no way indicates he would win the fight.
He would actually have to be willing to use that ability to a deadly limit in order to win.

The Inquisitor will have no problem pushing his limits and doing everything underhanded and dirty that he can to gain an advantage and actually kill the Consular.

He may be more powerful by far, but is he willing to use that power?

Ms_Sunlight
08.03.2012 , 07:49 PM | #16
I play both. My sorceror is incredibly devious and powerful, but my shadow is incredibly determined and resolute. It's the proverbial unstoppable force meeting an immovable object.
Carilie - Scoundrel // Dastelen - Shadow // Dras'yra - Sniper // Elonie - Sorcerer // Undali - Powertech
Server: The Red Eclipse // Guild: The Onyx Guard / The Orbital Guard

Sinemetu
08.03.2012 , 10:34 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Raltar View Post
Uh... where is it stated that he's more powerful? You missed a lot of dialogue if you think you can use the shielding technique and be just fine. It's stated that it almost kills you. Of course, they screwed the pooch when they wrote the consular and that doesn't really show up beyond dialogue, but it's there.

Besides, we're talking about who would win in a fight. What's the consular gonna do? Shield him to death... from... uh...? It's a technique with a pretty limited application, whereas the Inquisitor's story ability seems pretty good for defense and attack. As a bonus...

Spoiler
Legion: Geth do not infiltrate.
C-Sec Customs: You should leave your personal synthetic assistant at home. They're not allowed on shuttles anymore.
Legion: Geth do not intentionally infiltrate.

Jaigen
08.04.2012 , 06:38 AM | #18
While its true that the JC is one of the most powerful jedi of this generation it should be noted that the SI is one of the most powerful sith. But because of his former slave status only 2 people acknowledge this and that's darth decimus and Khem val. Khem val says that SI is the heir to tulak hord. Also the SI had to face far more adversity then the JC.

bookist
08.04.2012 , 08:47 AM | #19
Spoiler

undeadsithdread
08.04.2012 , 01:09 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by bookist View Post
Spoiler
Thanaton gone toe to toe with sith emperor former apprentice and defeated her that was before he even become member of dark council when he was a mere sith apprentice.
Sith assassin Forever!