Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black Talon Loot

MareLooke
12.16.2011 , 03:24 AM | #21
Ran BT yesterday and we got a melee 1H saber, a shield generator, some green SI boots and blue SI gloves and a blue medium armor chest for the Agent.

No BH loot at all (weren't any BH in our group either, dunno if that influences the loot?)

Laffe
12.16.2011 , 03:36 AM | #22
Results like the ones described in this thread is totally normal for a truly random system. Actually, if you would see a totally even distrubution of drop across the board (i.e. 1 Jugg drop, 1 Merc drop, 1 Sniper drop etc.) for almost every FP, chances are the loot system isn't strictly random but takes earlier drops into consideration. So yeah, random means a random distribution of loot, not an even distribution of loot (at least not in individual Flashpoints, it should even out across all FP's run by all players).
Quote: Originally Posted by Dr_Coxy
That was impressive yet sad....I feel sorry for you.

MareLooke
12.16.2011 , 04:11 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Laffe View Post
Results like the ones described in this thread is totally normal for a truly random system. Actually, if you would see a totally even distrubution of drop across the board (i.e. 1 Jugg drop, 1 Merc drop, 1 Sniper drop etc.) for almost every FP, chances are the loot system isn't strictly random but takes earlier drops into consideration. So yeah, random means a random distribution of loot, not an even distribution of loot (at least not in individual Flashpoints, it should even out across all FP's run by all players).
Wouldn't be too surprised if they used a system like with the group conversations where they take into account how often someone has "won" or "lost" the roll in a conversation to boost the chance everyone gets the word eventually.

Then again, the instances are fun enough that I don't mind running them quite a few times (good way to gain Social and DS/LS points as well anyway)

Drakos
12.16.2011 , 04:16 AM | #24
As many have said, the loot system is random. Some runs, -Nothing- but Inquisitor gear drops for my baby. Some runs all I see are Bounty Hunter heavy armor for a group that doesn't even have a companion that could use them.

Across all runs, the loot distribution will probably look more even.
Cadiva: The fundamental thing I have to ask is "am I enjoying playing this".

The only person who can tell you whether or not you should resub for TOR is you.

Arkhell
12.16.2011 , 04:45 AM | #25
first tiem i ran it our inq was so happy.

boots
skirt
chest
and lightsaber

:P only iq in group allmost fully kitted at end of the instance

so eyah random l00t is random, although the inq had a flair for beeing a lucky **** grouped with her more often on heroic quests etc and everything that dropped was inq/sorc gear that she could use while i had to buy commandation stuff all the time to keep gear up to date -_-
my Lightsaber goes PZZZZZZZ stabbedy stab stab pzwwwb and you're dead

zaerox
12.16.2011 , 05:12 AM | #26
Yes, LS/DS options depending on what you pick sometimes change the outcome or happenings of the flashpoint real time..

Ex. Black Talon.

You kill the Captain, the end result is you kill bots in engineering, board the enemy ship, kill two more bosses and get the General and then watch as your ship's second in command gets killed as well.

If you don't kill him, I think (Because I always wind up killing him in beta) they do like a full out attack on the Black Talon and you defeat all the bosses that way then board then ship to fight the last boss and capture the general.. I could be wrong on that though.

Anyways, it does change the loot as well to what I have seen and heard.
ShAdOwS -Sith Assassin-

GumBoil
12.16.2011 , 05:41 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Eortotai View Post
I ran the Black Talon last night and got an awesome orange SI Robe, as well as a decent orange SI lightsaber. My buddy also decent Juggernaut armor, but not orange.
Me too there where 3 of us total. I was delighted though I did feel bad for the other SI who didn't get much at all.

Albytaps
12.16.2011 , 08:41 AM | #28
I ran BT in the 2nd to last Beta weekend 3 times. All 3 times one of the bosses(first or second) dropped a medium armor chest piece that was great for my IA. I just ran it yesterday looking for the upgrade again, and it was all light armor stuff.

THE 8-BIT COALITION
A MATURE GAMERS' GUILD

Tyns
12.16.2011 , 09:14 AM | #29
I solo'd BT four or five times as a jug and the first boss (sabotage droid) *always* dropped jug gloves, second boss *always* dropped jug boots, padawan *always* dropped jug/dps single bladed saber. Optional droid boss *always* dropped jug shield generator except for the one time I didn't solo and had a merc with me and it dropped something else.

It's either bugged or only drops loot relevant to the current party... which stinks b/c I didn't get anything for my companions.

Vislo
12.16.2011 , 02:02 PM | #30
I ran it early in the morning around 12:30 and got 2 inquisitor named gear one was a robe I think the other one was a bracelet either that or gloves
The Protector's Of the Republic trailer Star Wars The Old Republic: The Protector's of The Republic The Empire Market SWTOR, The Sith Lords (SW & SI):The Sith Lords (SWTOR) Return trailer with iridescent lyrics!!!!!!!!!! PROUD OWNER OF A CE , DALLAS DICKINSON REMIX'D! Dallas Dickinson Remix'd