Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black Talon Loot

MandalorianChiss
12.13.2011 , 12:01 PM | #1
Just ran Black Talon, all boss loot that dropped was Aim gear, with the exception of the loot from the Padawan. I remember seeing posts regarding possible loot bugs last build of the Beta, just wanted to see if anyone else ran into this problem. (And I'm a BH so its a valid issue).

orpheus
12.13.2011 , 12:49 PM | #2
Random loot is random

Korvad
12.13.2011 , 12:55 PM | #3
True dat.
Juyo's Master.

indivi
12.13.2011 , 12:57 PM | #4
If the loot is truly randomly selected, then it's perfectly possible to get results like this.

I don't know whether TOR has any loot bugs, but I would just make the advisement that random loot means RANDOM, and if the system is working properly, any patterns you may think you see are simply coincidental. "MY LOOT IS BUGGED, I GOT THE SAME DROPS FOUR TIMES IN A ROW" does not mean there's an actual bug.

Of course, maybe they have some non-random loot selection process in place, and I may simply not be aware of it. But I know that's how it worked for World of Warcraft, anyway.

MandalorianChiss
12.13.2011 , 01:03 PM | #5
I know that it is possible that all Aim drops can occur...I just wanted to get it posted in case there actually is a bug and so it can get fixed. :P

DarthRobnar
12.13.2011 , 02:05 PM | #6
I ran the Black Talon just before the beta ended on my BH and got two of the blue/white heavy armor pieces, so it is indeed random.
...▄▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▓▓▀▀..
It's Dooku's hilt you nerfherders.

Faolon
12.13.2011 , 02:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MandalorianChiss View Post
I know that it is possible that all Aim drops can occur...I just wanted to get it posted in case there actually is a bug and so it can get fixed. :P
Not a bug.

Ran Black Talon, only one Aim item dropped. The gloves.

2 Strength armors(boots and gloves, I think).
1 Willpower Robe.
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."

Meriki
12.13.2011 , 02:29 PM | #8
Ya so far as I have been able to tell you get randomly generated loot from everything that drops something. The more powerful it is, the better the chance for better loot.

Named items seem to come just from quests.
TOR Guides, videos, news, and information on DDMsRealm.com!
Play the Fyxt RPG for free! It combines the easy of digital technology with the fun of a tabletop RPG.

jayderyu
12.13.2011 , 04:12 PM | #9
I only ran Eselees and Black Talon once each. 2 players each.
BT with a BH and Agent
ES with Trooper and Smuggler.

Both runs while the stats where all over the place. The Armour drops were always something appropriate. Not stat wise mind you. Heavy armour with Strength wasn`t that helpful. But it was armour for the Trooper in regards to the class type. The same was for weapons. All weapons dropped were always for a shooter. There was never a light sabre drop.

Stats seem random and I admit that my sample of dungeons is low compared to many. But for every boss to never drop an armour class type for a Force-User seemed odd. So that was over 2 FP runs.

So we drew a conclusion. that Armour class type will match the classes in the FP, but the mods or stat bonuses would be random. Just from our experience.

MareLooke
12.13.2011 , 05:14 PM | #10
Did you in all those runs pick the same LS/DS options? I seem to remember it being stated that the choices you make in a FP do affect what drops (unfortunately I can't look for a source for this as the beta forums got wiped )