Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

F2P Specific Overhead Icon

Dawginole
08.03.2012 , 09:31 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Avorniel View Post
Why not do it the other way round as all this is victimisation to players who don't wish to pay with that attitude.
That is already taking place without my suggestion. As every subscriber is going to get a unique item. And I would bet we will continue to get unique items. Those without them will obviously be F2P'ers. It's going to be a great way to keep the paying players and the cannibals separate.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

ScarletBlaze
08.03.2012 , 09:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
I'd like to request a little icon or possibly a specific name color to appear over all the F2P'ers when this model launches so those of us that are actually supporting the game can stay away from them.
No! Just because some is F2P doesn't mean they are going to cause trouble or anyting else. In the last year or so prior to the game being released and then the game being released I have met jerks and nice people. Until you take the time to meet someone quit juding them.

Being a guild leader I would not have a problem with guilding them as long as they abide by the rules of respect and courtesy.

It is actually none of our business who is f2p and who isn't. That is private information and as such should remain private.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

casi
08.03.2012 , 09:52 PM | #23
Of all the ideas I have heard on all my years on this forum this one is the most asinine one to date. You may not like the f2p option but that in no means we should have something so childish just so you can feel superior to someone.

Last time I checked everyone puts their clothes on the same way and are supposed to be treated the same way.

How dare we judge someone before we even meet them. I have played a games that were not free to play and games that are F2P and guess what people are the same. Some are nice people who I count myself lucky to know and classify as my friends.

Then I have met people that are jerks, who think they are better than anyone else, that I don't' want to know. We have no way of knowing what type of people we are going to meet just becasue they have an option for F2P. So what, that doesn't mean they are going to cause problems.

Though F2P may not be the exact idea I expected I in no means want anything or anyway to separate players. The only way players should be separated are the ones that I will and have placed on ignore for horrible behaviour.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. Guild Roleplay in Progress:Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

capitalbel
08.04.2012 , 01:53 AM | #24
No. When this game goes F2P most new subscribers are going to probably try F2P first. If everyone is a jerk to F2P players, they won't want to subscribe. In case you didn't know, more subscription numbers is good for the longevity of SWTOR, if not for the frequency and abundance of new content.

Avorniel
08.04.2012 , 02:08 AM | #25
That is already taking place without my suggestion. As every subscriber is going to get a unique item. And I would bet we will continue to get unique items. Those without them will obviously be F2P'ers. It's going to be a great way to keep the paying players and the cannibals separate.
and your point ? the said items can easy not be used and it's a fluffy which as others have said it will come on sale in the shop so everyone can buy.
The icon your on about is permanent can't be hidden and that is wrong, for ref. why not check up on history when people have had stuff stamped on them cause they are different, as there is no difference to that than what your asking for ....
You may not know but players get attached to there characters and sometimes it's an extension from themselves how they may see themselves if things in there life were different,there are way to many negatives for this idea.

BaronV
08.04.2012 , 02:38 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by starmanmmo View Post
And here starts the in-game snobbery.
its our right and privilage. We have been supporting this game loyally with our $60 purchase and $15 a month through all the crap. I believe we have earned our right to some snobbery against the freeloaders who will only ruin the game as in all F2P games.
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

Fornix
08.04.2012 , 02:43 AM | #27
I'd like to request a little icon or possibly a specific name color to appear over all the F2P'ers when this model launches so those of us that are actually supporting the game can stay away from them.
But what if F2P players spend more than 14.99 a month on elements from the cartel shop? Should they then get a VIP icon above their heads so they can start discriminating people like you?
Member of <Helix>

MaximusRex
08.04.2012 , 02:47 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
But what if F2P players spend more than 14.99 a month on elements from the cartel shop? Should they then get a VIP icon above their heads so they can start discriminating people like you?

Cool idea. I know one game that went F2P, I forget which now, said on average over the course of a year that "free" players did pay more then sub players, most aren't cheap, they just want to see what they are getting before they buy something.

Listerman
08.05.2012 , 11:43 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
its our right and privilage. We have been supporting this game loyally with our $60 purchase and $15 a month through all the crap. I believe we have earned our right to some snobbery against the freeloaders who will only ruin the game as in all F2P games.
No one is entitled to being a complete jack[censored].
If you do, in my opinion it says a lot about you as a person, if you feel you are within your rights to look down on someone else for something that doesn't effect you in the slightest.
"Never touch a Kel Dor's sammich."
"We're on a message board together. I'm already inclined to think you're a schmuck."

Dawginole
08.06.2012 , 05:48 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
Sure. I would be okay with that.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.