Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear: Pvp Vs Pve

RGMetal
09.23.2012 , 10:19 AM | #61
I remember doing Kaon HM in 51 dailies. LOL

Toshirou / Ichíro / Keiichi / Kusanagí
Míka / Fayé

EzoEo
09.23.2012 , 03:19 PM | #62
Itemization is SW:TOR's weakest point and I suspect once of the reasons many people left.

Every class is a two stat hero mean making mods will always revolve around those stats with the usual crit, surge tagged on the end.

It's also too easy to reach the point of diminish returns which means going from Campaign to Dreadnaught is just there for e-peens really.

There is the glaring fact that 5 tiers of armor all have the set bonus
Some people reactions to the Disney buy out.

JMCH
09.26.2012 , 06:42 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Recruit commando dps:
28% damage reduction (armor) + 15.15% damage reduction (expertise) = 43%
955 base damage + 17.86% damage boost (expertise) = 1125
366 bonus damage + 17.86% damage boost (expertise) = 431

Rakata (stock, unoptimised, no augments)
30% damage reduction (armor)
1095 base damage
498 bonus damage
Math is wrong on the damage reduction.

Recruit gives you 15.15% damage reduction on the 72% damage portion, or 10.9% "more" damage reduction.

28+10.9 = 38.9 vs 30%

This doesn't account for all damage types and such, though, so it's far from perfect.

Overall, Campaign >> Recruit unless you're a living training dummy. Recruit is crap in PvE, BM is ok for HM FPs and story tier 1 ops, WH is good for HM tier 1 ops and the lone HM tier 2 FP.

In fact, with some dailies you'll be able to equip BH secondary items (ear/implants/bracer/belt) on top of your fully augmented WH armor, and be just a tad under the campaign stuff. As a heal merc, I went quite some times in HM LI/EV/KP with this combo, and AFAIK, noone complains (WH blasters are a good bit better than Columi ones considering I replaced the expertise crystal).