Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Digital Deluxe get item now... Give it to CE to then.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Digital Deluxe get item now... Give it to CE to then.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kubernetic
08.02.2012 , 01:07 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AdamChattaway View Post
Ok so all the people moaned and now bioware is making a special item for DD edition of the game, ok so give it the collectors edition then i payed £130 to get all + more items, if you make an item for DD and don't give it to CE then i shall be very annoyed. don't think you can give someone who payed half the price unique items CE don't get, i payed for the FU CE store for god sakes and nothing is added to that but a dam pet in 7 months everyone got a better version of free anyway.
This post illustrates a lot of what's wrong with this game's community.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

AdamChattaway
08.02.2012 , 01:09 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kubernetic View Post
Troll... yes you are whats wrong.
Jedi Guardian
Alignment: Light Side
Server: The Red Eclipse

mightylawngnome
08.02.2012 , 01:12 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by dosadnik View Post
Dude you paid for what you got. You paid for the game, for the in-game items and for the physical vanities. That's what they said they'd give you and that's what they did. You have no right to demand anything else from them as far as the CE goes. You got what you paid for. You got what it said on the label. And now you complain. How dare you? They are giving you free items they never ever said that you will ever received and you greedy bastard want more. Be happy they even give you anything. You aren't entitled to anything, what they are doing is a privilege. How can you not understand that? By the way, if you think i'm a DDO owner, you are wrong. I'm a CE owner like you, the only difference is I have respect for other people, no matter their virtual "rank", for a lack of a better word.
I think part of the problem is very few people feel they've gotten what they paid for up until this point. I tend to agree with them. It seems so simple to me that any sort of handouts would be tiered. The problem is EA/BW is trying to, I dunno exactly, save money? Anytime your giving anything to one portion of the player pop it should tier downwards. They often seem to skip that for some reason, and just arbitrarily give out gifts and rewards without any real discernible pattern aside from, they didn't really think it out.
"When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging." ~ EA CEO John Riccitiello http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

Dein_Cathair
08.02.2012 , 01:14 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Actually the phrasing is perfect.. The DDE people will get something it just won't be what the CE people get.. I don't see an issue with that.. If people wanted the CE perks they should have bought the CE..
Nope It does not clarify if the CE folks will receive the same item. If it is some sort of DDE specific item, then your in for a giant outcry from the CE folks who paid 3x what the DDE folks did.

And the mod did not clarify as to what the people asked or if they did, they did it in a veiled way that left many wondering.
If they think giving a dde specific item to the DDE folks and excluding the CE folks is proper, lookout, I'll just call Redwood city and start yapping to people I know. And the cards can fall where they may.

mightylawngnome
08.02.2012 , 01:15 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kubernetic View Post
Agreed, but not solely because of the subject matter.

Every second post contains some sort of dismissive insulting label to some previous poster. Troll/fanboi/hater blah blah blah bs.
"When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging." ~ EA CEO John Riccitiello http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

Miflett
08.02.2012 , 01:21 PM | #26
Everyone keeps using that word, "item." The whole point in clarifying her sentence was to assert that this "something" might really just be some extra cartel coins and not an actual item.
Captain Jack <Republic Forces> - Smuggler - P5

Dein_Cathair
08.02.2012 , 01:26 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Miflett View Post
Everyone keeps using that word, "item." The whole point in clarifying her sentence was to assert that this "something" might really just be some extra cartel coins and not an actual item.
I like how people are "speculating" on what the clarification means.

I guess it was so clear we need to speculate. That's not really clarification.

The whole thing seems like a knee jerk reaction to the DDE folks wanting more. And not understanding how to structure a F2P environment in a proper manner.

Sweetiepies
08.02.2012 , 01:28 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by AdamChattaway View Post
Born and raised in Sheffield, a true blood englishman. not like them southern fairys grammar nazzes....
You have my condolences.

Miflett
08.02.2012 , 01:31 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Dein_Cathair View Post
I like how people are "speculating" on what the clarification means.

I guess it was so clear we need to speculate. That's not really clarification.

The whole thing seems like a knee jerk reaction to the DDE folks wanting more. And not understanding how to structure a F2P environment in a proper manner.
That's the necessary evil of being a PR person. Someone tells you to give information without really saying anything. The explosive masses yell at the messenger for their lack of definition (intentional) and nothing comes from it. If nothing at all was said, they'd be screaming communication too.

Can't win. Hopefully people will be content that "something" is coming their way.
Captain Jack <Republic Forces> - Smuggler - P5

Dein_Cathair
08.02.2012 , 01:38 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Miflett View Post
That's the necessary evil of being a PR person. Someone tells you to give information without really saying anything. The explosive masses yell at the messenger for their lack of definition (intentional) and nothing comes from it. If nothing at all was said, they'd be screaming communication too.

Can't win. Hopefully people will be content that "something" is coming their way.
I disagree, it was fine as it was. You just need to actually have a backbone and tell the DDE'ers this is how it is, as it was properly structured.

You create one problem after another by giving in to the DDe folks who cry. Now the CE folks will cry.

Adults don't do this, I don't really blame the mod for the problem in it's entirety, I blame the guy who made the decision to give in, that's not how to build a good game.

It is a win win situation if you stand firm or if you increase both.