Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Totalbiscuit critisizes Swtor Free-to-Play model

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Totalbiscuit critisizes Swtor Free-to-Play model

Raltar
08.02.2012 , 12:26 PM | #11
Totalbiscut is a moron and so are his fans.

CEasterbrook
08.02.2012 , 12:28 PM | #12
I agree the 2 tier systems will not bring that many people, but I to would like a true FTP option without limitations. They should go to a guild wars/ LOTOR system they are a much better FTP system.

ChazDoit
08.02.2012 , 12:32 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Thourton View Post
He's a popular gaming journalist/player who uploads regular content to YouTube to review current games, upcoming games and gaming news--like any sports journalist but for gaming.

Not that any of that means you should care, but now you know.
Yeah, the reason I linked you guys the video was because that was one of my main concerns when the announced free-to-play, Bioware said that they wanted to add flexibility to their service but 2 Tiers dont seem that much flexible when compared to other F2P games.

I apologize because he rambles like 5 minutes on what he doesnt like about SWTOR before actually analizing the Free-to-Play model, but I think its worth listening too.

MajikMyst
08.02.2012 , 12:35 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by CEasterbrook View Post
I agree the 2 tier systems will not bring that many people, but I to would like a true FTP option without limitations. They should go to a guild wars/ LOTOR system they are a much better FTP system.
Both LOTOR and GW have limitations for F2P players.. Thanks for noticing..

From what I read.. This games F2P system will be fine.. It gives real incentive for people to subscibe as well as give people a good taste as to what the game like.. Just saying..

As for Biscuit.. Just ask the dough boy..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

MajikMyst
08.02.2012 , 12:43 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ChazDoit View Post
Yeah, the reason I linked you guys the video was because that was one of my main concerns when the announced free-to-play, Bioware said that they wanted to add flexibility to their service but 2 Tiers dont seem that much flexible when compared to other F2P games..
What you should have done is just made the point yourself.. I really hate posts that say go watch this video..

We are at a single tier system now.. So to complain that a two tier is less flexable is odd to say the least..

Nobody knows what is going to be sold in this store that takes Cartel Coins.. So anyone that is jumping the gun and passing judgement before having the facts is a complete moron.. Again.. See Biscuit..

F2P people may be able to purchase specific freedoms that subs people already enjoy.. Like more GTN access.. Perhaps more bag space or travel options.. Maybe even access to ops..

The fact is that we just don't know and there are way to many poeple on these forums that are passing judgement before having fact one.. There is simply very little info on what the Cartel coins are going to be used for.. It may just be vanity and fluff stuff for the subs people, it may be the ability to purchase the things that F2P people don't have.. We just don't know..

But F2P does give us more options.. 2 Tiers is way better than just 1..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Last_Hearth
08.02.2012 , 12:44 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ChazDoit View Post
VIDEO HERE

While the idea of going Free-to-Play is not bad, with a 2 Tiered service there seems to be a lack of Middle Ground, of course we dont know everything about the F2P yet, but I kind of agree
He's criticizing without facts. We don't even know how the thing will work and what you can and can't buy and what options there will be, yet he's talking as though he knows exactly how it's going to work. What will he comment on next, the pricing structure of Titan?

Drudenfusz
08.02.2012 , 12:44 PM | #17
He has some good points there... but he also is aware that we don't know what will be in the shop, so maybe there will be guest passes for operations.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Feeblezak
08.02.2012 , 12:46 PM | #18
Totalbiscuit supports F2P, next day he opposes it, indecsisive bastard
SWTOR Collectors Edition Pre-Order
Roleplayer

☭ ★

Lunablade
08.02.2012 , 12:51 PM | #19
He is right about a lot of things :

1. WoW have better raids than TOR since Blizzard has more experience than BW

2. TOR PvP wasnt so good from launch and it did got much worser since patch 1.2 which maded huge imbalances between classes and with total failure with world PVP with the Illum

3. Lots of TOR classes use almost same abilities with some of them even been named the same or similiar to WoW classes, seems like BW copied a lot of mechanics when they where creating classes for TOR from WoW

4. He is right that this F2P model which BW will be taking with TOR might not work because :

They are giving entire story content for the players to play for free which is like one of the best aspects of this game and those players might not at all be interested in buying anything from BW cash shop

If they can get limited access to certain number of flashpoint and warzones per week even better for them since that could just be enough for them - they dont need to pay anything for that also

And finally if TOR could sell access to operations to F2P players surely a lot of players would spend their money on it but now they will not with this system.

grandmthethird
08.02.2012 , 12:52 PM | #20
i have to agree about the FAQ, its awful
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"