Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

3+ more months of Denova?

alifaraaz
08.05.2012 , 11:33 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Vermas View Post
What I don't get is people who are saying "Oh well if they bring out NiM denova then I'll be fine". Why? It's the same thing just with a couple new mechanics, would that honestly satisfy people for another 2-3 months? I personally don't give two sh*ts about NiM devona, I want fresh new content.
Well here I have to disagree. You could say why.bother with any difficulty other than Story, just make 10 story difficulty ops.

Yeah Nightmare Denova should have come much earlier, since yes most of us are bored with Denova.

But...they claim to have watched all the tactics used, and implemented specific new mechanics to force guilds to use a different strategy. If this is what we think.it is, that means its not just one small hurdle to overcome like the difference between Storymode and Hardmode tactics, (such as yellow circle on Toth and Zorn or the random nature of shields on tanks).

So honestly, yes the core mechanics of the fights will be the same, and yes they'll all be wearing the same skin. But I fully expect there to be big changes required to tactics. Otherwise it simply could not take this long to release, regardless of how low priority it is due to most guilds still working on hardmode.

To be fair, its clear that they're spending more time working on Terror than Nightmare EC, which some might say is the right move. There is afterall a good chance that they may not release the revamped Nightmare modes for all 3 ops until after the level cap increase, to avoid making the content obsolete? But its pure speculation on my part.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Vermas
08.05.2012 , 01:11 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
They didn't say it was above 500k, they said that 500k was the cut off for it to be profitable.

But this is not the topic of the thread, please stop spamming.
"EA did not give the number of current The Old Republic subscribers, though the company said it’s “well over” 500,000." Pretty sure they did, but yes, back on topic.

Taken from: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/08/sta...n-subscribers/

Vortuus
08.05.2012 , 03:00 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by alifaraaz View Post
But...they claim to have watched all the tactics used, and implemented specific new mechanics to force guilds to use a different strategy. If this is what we think.it is, that means its not just one small hurdle to overcome like the difference between Storymode and Hardmode tactics, (such as yellow circle on Toth and Zorn or the random nature of shields on tanks).
To clarify, they said the watched tactics used that were livestreamed, not all tactics used. Strangely, they hinted in the methodical interview that they don't watch anything directly, instead relying on youtube/justin/etc.

Another thing.. yes they did say they would try to 'counter' current strats. First, this is a HORRIBLE game design. Release content, clear it for 4 months, then re-release counters to make it 'new'? Um, ok. Not my thing. Further on this, guilds have been farming this for 15 or whatever weeks now. I know we use different strategies on 16 week to week just to make it interesting, and also run an 8 man with 'new' strategies. We also rotate alts in, gear people up fully, and try different roles. Basically, we've run 'alternate' strats they've referred to. SO unless they do totally change the fights, I can't see us not adapting a 'played-with' strat to match with nightmare mechanics.

Unfortunately, I probably won't get to try any of this since I think it'll be more than 10 days until NiM or TFB is released.
Safeen - Sith Assassin
Elitist Isolationists
Website | Forums | Space Slug Server

KVork
08.05.2012 , 04:28 PM | #44
This game becomes unplayable even for casuals, I play few hours a week and I got NOTHING to do in game.
Once a week EC, once KP ( which i am sick off at this point). Dailies make me wanna puke, I cant force myself to do them any more.

Fck this, one ops per year? Early acces launched nine month ago and we only got TWO new flashpoints, ONE ops, and one area with 6 quests since then. It is a fck joke.

It sucks BIG TIME.

Bioware , announce your failure.
Not a servant of the Force, Master I am.

Typeslice
08.05.2012 , 05:22 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by KVork View Post
This game becomes unplayable even for casuals, I play few hours a week and I got NOTHING to do in game.
Once a week EC, once KP ( which i am sick off at this point). Dailies make me wanna puke, I cant force myself to do them any more.

Fck this, one ops per year? Early acces launched nine month ago and we only got TWO new flashpoints, ONE ops, and one area with 6 quests since then. It is a fck joke.

It sucks BIG TIME.

Bioware , announce your failure.
KP wasn't a full OP at launch; so it's 2 ops. And to be fair, the F2P has probably been in the works for a while; so a lot of dev time was spent on the transition; therefor I am cautiously optimistic that they aren't lying about faster content updates going forward.
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com

Icebergy
08.07.2012 , 10:22 AM | #46
Another Tuesday is here and nothing but silence on this and other issues.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

pure_laced
08.07.2012 , 11:51 AM | #47
Another Tuesday is here and nothing but silence on this and other issues.
They did break EC though! That's something for you.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Icebergy
08.07.2012 , 12:11 PM | #48
How did they break EC?
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

pure_laced
08.07.2012 , 12:41 PM | #49
How did they break EC?
Colonel Vorgath. No one can bring the droids out of stealth.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Nippon
08.07.2012 , 02:24 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by pure_laced View Post
Colonel Vorgath. No one can bring the droids out of stealth.
Correction, they changed a mechanic in it that was not really an issue, to apparently make it easier (personally cant see what the problem was in the first place) and subsequently broke it because obviously noone tested it before release...

##So now as usual you have 100s of guild waiting for OP resets on Tuesday unable to complete the said ops, further pissing players off.......

But no worries F2P is coming, yep cant wait for that to break the game completely..
Feel free to use my referal link : http://www.swtor.com/r/thgh8R

SWTOR has lost its identity: