Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

3+ more months of Denova?

alifaraaz
08.04.2012 , 05:46 PM | #31
Honestly, F2P is coming this fall, that's all theyve said. That likely means Nov/Dec right?

My guess is we'll have the world event in August sometime, and then after that - I reckon we will get Terror before Nightmare Denova. Or rather before ALL the new nightmare modes, assuming EV and KP Nightmare are still being revamped.

Now they could potentially come after the level increase, to make them still somewhat in use after the level increase. But I've also come to accept that there likely wont be any Nightmare Ops until F2P launches.

As for Terror....well that is being offered as the first free raid right? Meaning with the F2P launch most likely. So Im almost expecting no new content at all apart from the World Event and maybe HK-51, until atleast Oct/Nov
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Leovinus
08.05.2012 , 04:57 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by alifaraaz View Post
As for Terror....well that is being offered as the first free raid right? Meaning with the F2P launch most likely.
I don't think this has ever been stated, though I could be wrong. You said as the first free raid and then clarified to something else. But to further clarify, just in case, NO raids will be free according to the F2P structure as it stands right now. So I don't think anything can be assumed from that about when the next op is coming.

Icebergy
08.05.2012 , 07:45 AM | #33
I guess we just wait and see if Bioware considers the world event to be content. We are pretty sure the event is coming in August, and they said that the first of the new 'faster content' would be coming in August, so we will see.

They could just tell us, but they would rather keep us in the dark like children.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

AlyxDinas
08.05.2012 , 07:48 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
In regards to the World First issue, when you have 500k players people don't care as much..
Thankfully that number isn't necessarily accurate.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

pure_laced
08.05.2012 , 09:17 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
Thankfully that number isn't necessarily accurate.
Yea, the number is much lower. Even if there were 500k subs (which we all know there isn't) the actual number of people that care about world firsts is probably closer to 25k. Most all of the more serious end game raiding guilds have unsubbed, with a select few hanging on.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Vermas
08.05.2012 , 09:19 AM | #36
What I don't get is people who are saying "Oh well if they bring out NiM denova then I'll be fine". Why? It's the same thing just with a couple new mechanics, would that honestly satisfy people for another 2-3 months? I personally don't give two sh*ts about NiM devona, I want fresh new content.

Quote: Originally Posted by pure_laced View Post
Yea, the number is much lower. Even if there were 500k subs (which we all know there isn't) the actual number of people that care about world firsts is probably closer to 25k. Most all of the more serious end game raiding guilds have unsubbed, with a select few hanging on.
Your either an idiot or just not well informed, they've already said the number is below 1mil but well above 500k.

The-Vortex
08.05.2012 , 09:59 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Vermas View Post
What I don't get is people who are saying "Oh well if they bring out NiM denova then I'll be fine". Why? It's the same thing just with a couple new mechanics, would that honestly satisfy people for another 2-3 months? I personally don't give two sh*ts about NiM devona, I want fresh new content.

Your either an idiot or just not well informed, they've already said the number is below 1mil but well above 500k.
It can't be that much over 500k though if you think about it. Surely if it was closer to say 700k they would have said below 1 million but well above 700k despite 500k being the cut-off point.
End of Days - Republic - The Progenitor
Varias - 50 Gunslinger
Saris - 50 Jedi Guardian

Anysao
08.05.2012 , 10:06 AM | #38
They claimed NiM Denova would come soon, and only held it back because they wanted to make one truly challenging, and not just higher HP and DPS.

Let's hope they add NiM within the month, to hold off you operation-ers!
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

pure_laced
08.05.2012 , 10:32 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Vermas View Post

The numbers were polled at the beginning of the quarter, just after the server merges, not at the end of the quarter when they released the info. This is what EA ALWAYS does, they pool early on because it looks better for the investors. EA also historically chooses the higher of low numbers when talking about sales/subscriptions because again, it looks better to investors. They wouldn't say above 500k if the number is 913k. They would say it is above 900k.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Icebergy
08.05.2012 , 11:15 AM | #40
They didn't say it was above 500k, they said that 500k was the cut off for it to be profitable.

But this is not the topic of the thread, please stop spamming.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.