Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What are the gear requirements to tank HM Flashpoints and SM EV/KP as a juggernaut?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
What are the gear requirements to tank HM Flashpoints and SM EV/KP as a juggernaut?

Kaonis
08.06.2012 , 10:50 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jordach View Post
Please do not wear full recruit into HM FPs and SM OPS. I have a full BH sage healer except the hilt and I have no problem helping under geared tanks move through content and get gear. I que for FPs all day really when I'm on since after thursday I have no more ops to do other then EC HM.

But showing up in full recruit is a slap in the face to pvers that started at the beginning, do your dailies and get the gear. I have no problem with beginners using some recruit here and there at the beginning but not the full set. Do your lead in work like we all did.
I've played since beta, and sorry but what your saying is the stupidest thing I've read on the forums in a while. Basically because gearing up sucked in the early days, no one should be allowed to take advantage of easily accessible gear now a days? My last 2 50's I jumped right into HM's with full recruit, and I'll do it again and again, because it's better than grinding out dailies for some crap mods I'll replace in literally a few hours as I get better crap from anything else in the game.

Lightning_
08.07.2012 , 12:44 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaonis View Post
I've played since beta, and sorry but what your saying is the stupidest thing I've read on the forums in a while. Basically because gearing up sucked in the early days, no one should be allowed to take advantage of easily accessible gear now a days? My last 2 50's I jumped right into HM's with full recruit, and I'll do it again and again, because it's better than grinding out dailies for some crap mods I'll replace in literally a few hours as I get better crap from anything else in the game.
Agreed. Grinding dailies for the gear which will become useless in no time... it's a huge waste.

Btw, tanks that are not comfortable with jumping into FPs and especially Ops in Recruit can spec DPS and run a bit in that role to accumulate some initial gear, after which tanking will be easier.