Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What are the gear requirements to tank HM Flashpoints and SM EV/KP as a juggernaut?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
What are the gear requirements to tank HM Flashpoints and SM EV/KP as a juggernaut?

Joluka
08.02.2012 , 12:30 AM | #1
Hi guys, so I recently began playing my tank juggernaut again after a switch to my dps scoundrel. Currently at 15,700 health, I've been running normal flashpoints but I want to get in on the Tionese/Columi gear soon and was wondering what the gear requirements for a juggernaut tank are for hardmode flashpoints and storymode EV and KP.

Thanks in advance, everyone!
Qanon Conrad, the Scoundrel Darth Aderius, the Juggernaut
Master Aryanna Conrad, the Sentinel Darth Dementius, the Assassin Jovae Conrad, the Mercenary

ronniehenlau
08.02.2012 , 12:40 AM | #2
Full recruit is enough (if you're a decent player) for all Tier 1 HM Flashpoints (meaning everything except Lost Island).
Daily Mods / armorings are also enough.

Hope this helps
Yusi - Pyrotech Powertech
15 other level 55 characters
The NerfOperatives Legacy
Unsubbed because of No

Larry_Dallas
08.02.2012 , 12:50 AM | #3
May have minor problems on D7, but you're mostly geared enough to do everything you're asking about. As the last guy said, Lost Island not included.

SamuelAU
08.02.2012 , 06:37 AM | #4
Just cross your fingers that you get Taral V or The False Emperor when you queue.

Joluka
08.02.2012 , 09:11 AM | #5
Thank you very much for the replies guys, today I plan on trying the Hardmodes out. Thanks again!!
Qanon Conrad, the Scoundrel Darth Aderius, the Juggernaut
Master Aryanna Conrad, the Sentinel Darth Dementius, the Assassin Jovae Conrad, the Mercenary

wallywaffles
08.02.2012 , 09:26 AM | #6
Recruit gear is definitely enough if you have a skillful group; Last week I healed EC in recruit gear with a Tionese tank.

Icebergy
08.02.2012 , 10:28 AM | #7
14k+ hp was the minimum before recruit gear...I would say now that recruit gear makes that so easy you should not try HM FPs till you have about 15k. And try to get as much PvE gear as possible, the expertise is wasted item budget for tanking.
This signature is a slap in the face!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 3/12 NiM, HM GF, 2/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Jakev-
08.02.2012 , 10:53 AM | #8
Level 50 blues Lol.
Insomniaq Atense Amersu
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five

BobaFaceroll
08.02.2012 , 11:19 AM | #9
No reason not to run all the dailies at least once when you hit 50. The armoring and barrels/hilts are going to be a large improvement over your leveling gear. It really doesn't take long to get a fully fleshed out set. If you don't want to go the whole way the do enough dailies to get your armoring and hilts/barrels, get whatever mods and enhancements you can, and fill the rest of the slots with Corellia comms purchases.

Full daily mods will generally beat Tionese. It's definitely better than recruit. You'll make some nice coin along the way too.

Kaisernick
08.02.2012 , 07:30 PM | #10
i was told by people in game that i needed 17K hp the dude whined and left over it.