Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vibroblades for Scoundrels

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Vibroblades for Scoundrels

Lynnx
08.01.2012 , 11:18 PM | #1
I like the Scoundrel, but I prefer the Operative's use of the vibroblade instead of the shotgun.

I think that scoundrels should be able to choose between vibroblade or shotgun

Veniras
08.02.2012 , 04:32 AM | #2
Whut? How can you even think about preferring stabbity-stab over the nutcracker suite and shotguns to the back?

Scoundrels >> Operatives.

If you want blades, roll an operative.

Larishet
08.02.2012 , 05:39 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Lynnx View Post
I like the Scoundrel, but I prefer the Operative's use of the vibroblade instead of the shotgun.

I think that scoundrels should be able to choose between vibroblade or shotgun
Let me get this straight: You want to bring a knife to a gunfight...

Kitru
08.04.2012 , 08:57 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Larishet View Post
Let me get this straight: You want to bring a knife to a gunfight...
Well, according to the logic of the game, the less you use a gun in its intended manner, the more damage you deal (Rapid Shots > Quick Shot > Backblast > Blaster Whip > Sucker Punch). Logically, a knife would do more damage than a fist so it would make sense to bring a knife to a gunfight since the gun does so little damage.

All kidding aside, to the OP: the reason you can't choose to between a Vibroblade or a Scattergun is because of animations. If you could choose between one or the other, all of the attacks that use the Scattergun would have to have alternate animations made (or simply lifted from the Agent). Creating the new animations would be more work than it's worth (since most people are perfectly content with using Scatterguns and would continue to use them even if they had the option of using Vibroblades) and simply using the Agent animations would have the side effect of making the two classes less aesthetically different (which is a presumable concern for the devs).

In short, the reason you can't is because it's too much work for too little gain.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Gassygunslinger
08.05.2012 , 12:15 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Well, according to the logic of the game, the less you use a gun in its intended manner, the more damage you deal (Rapid Shots > Quick Shot > Backblast > Blaster Whip > Sucker Punch). Logically, a knife would do more damage than a fist so it would make sense to bring a knife to a gunfight since the gun does so little damage.
I think you got those ">" pointing the wrong way....
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

Kitru
08.05.2012 , 04:47 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Gassygunslinger View Post
I think you got those ">" pointing the wrong way....
I'm using them as arrows to demonstrate a progression rather than as the mathematical symbols of comparative inequality.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

epicdude
08.05.2012 , 10:10 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
Whut? How can you even think about preferring stabbity-stab over the nutcracker suite and shotguns to the back?

Scoundrels >> Operatives.

If you want blades, roll an operative.
Im an operative and I kinda like the look of the shotgun

Gassygunslinger
08.05.2012 , 11:55 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
I'm using them as arrows to demonstrate a progression rather than as the mathematical symbols of comparative inequality.
Gotcha!
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

Amien
08.05.2012 , 12:12 PM | #9
The whole point of Scoundrel and Operative is so you can choose between having a shotgun or Knife! That's exactly why I chose Op over Scound, because knives are just much cooler.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
New Thread:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=297

Pandemoniac
08.05.2012 , 05:40 PM | #10
After playing with both classes, I agree that the vibroknife is much more valuable than the scattergun. The gun clearly doesn't do the same amount of damage, doesn't stun people, and you have to be behind the person to use them. The smuggler videos we saw while this game was in development showed smugglers knocking down Sith face-to-face. I am disappointed with the scattergun. It needs to do more damage and I should be able to use it whether I'm in front of, behind, to the left of or whatever to a bad guy.