Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tank Swaps are Unnecessary for Firebrand and Stormcaller.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Tank Swaps are Unnecessary for Firebrand and Stormcaller.

Typeslice
08.01.2012 , 02:48 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BlastingGravy View Post
Minimal is still greater than zero, but I suppose the difference is negligible.

I still prefer switching for the increased damage, since there are no benefits to avoiding the switch.
Greater risk of cleaving the raid with a bad switch. Worst case onthe dps taunt is you have to heal through an IA.
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com

alifaraaz
08.01.2012 , 02:55 PM | #12
The benefit is we tanks get to be lazier :P dps should have some work to do after all.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

alifaraaz
08.01.2012 , 03:01 PM | #13
The benefit is we tanks get to be lazier :P dps should have some work to do after all.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Lymain
08.01.2012 , 04:26 PM | #14
I've always tanked Firebrand by simply hitting Enraged Defense when Incinerate Armor is due. We don't have any DPS with taunt, but the detaunt is easy for us. /shrug

dominius
08.01.2012 , 10:27 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Typeslice View Post
We've always done it wih a dps / off tank taking the IA. All you have to do is focus target the other tank and wait for him to finish casting DD.
You can make it even easier. Once DD gets called out Firebrand will turn and face his guns up, the DPS or Off-tank just taunts then because he casts IA immediately after that.

For the person who thinks this requires more coordination than tank swapping... wow, I'm glad I don't have to raid with you. Also, if your tanks are having trouble holding threat that far into the fight, your tanks are awful.
Guildmaster of
Elitist Isolationists
Website | Forums | The Harbinger
Domineus || Malego || Trotsky || Ava'rus

Justcae
08.02.2012 , 01:57 AM | #16
If you have to think of a strategy that cuts out tanks having to swap because that's too complicated, I'm happy I do not raid with you, or or your tanks.

ArchangelLBC
08.02.2012 , 03:53 AM | #17
We just have a shadow tank Firebrand >.>

Shadow vanishes for the first, third and fifth Incinerates and taunts back after the cast onto a DPS, uses resilience and deflection on the second and fourth Incinerates. (actually I think our other shadow tank just uses resilience for all of them).

No off taunting required, no tank swapping required. Yes I'm talking about Hard Mode.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Leafy_Bug
08.02.2012 , 04:22 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Jazra View Post
I don't agree with this, your dps should move in front of the tank, that way it ensures that the correct dps get the DD, rather than the tank move it in front of the group and risk a healer getting it or something. That also removes the concerns of your tank not turning SC back into place fast enough and risk cleaving the raid.
We have done it both ways and I myself prefer to move as a tank. Sometimes the dps are so focused on their rotations that they simply make me take half of it which is hazardous to my health. So I let them dps do their thing and I move behind them. It was worked fine we never wiped because of this.

Siorac
08.02.2012 , 05:02 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
We have done it both ways and I myself prefer to move as a tank. Sometimes the dps are so focused on their rotations that they simply make me take half of it which is hazardous to my health. So I let them dps do their thing and I move behind them. It was worked fine we never wiped because of this.
Meh, you have no principles man. Give the DPS some responsibilities! It is an uplifting, educating experience for all.

Griad
08.02.2012 , 06:48 AM | #20
Or have your sith assassin tank eat the incenerate armor and just use a CD, i solo tank it everytime with no problems, first time i use a rakata armor, stim, second time i use the deflection, then a defense relic and so forth with some decent gear its no problem.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse