Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Progenitor: so all to PvE/RP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
The Progenitor: so all to PvE/RP?

Draksen
08.01.2012 , 09:08 AM | #1
Hi there
I'm about to reroll (EU), but was trying to find a populated, popular, cool server to do so.
According to http://www.torstatus.net/shards/eu The Progenitor (EU PvE RP) is the most active.
A normal trend for the game? (game fidelity of the RP player base)
A temporary state?
How do you see it yourself, and whats your guess for the future?
Thanks for sharing your opinion on the matter.
Krypso Draksen, Chevalier de la République
Major Krypho Draksen, Commando d'assaut
Battle Meditation PvE-RP / Europe - français

Sporin
08.01.2012 , 09:13 AM | #2
Nice server with nice people, about 150 (avg.) at peak on each side's fleet.

Some really nice guilds. Some daft player names. A few idiots.

8/10 (minus 2 for odd fleet crap spammed).

Ofc that may all change with F2P. Who knows!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. But SWTOR F2P!?!? Time to die.

Draksen
08.01.2012 , 10:22 AM | #3
Thanks for your reply!

Oh I dont see the F2P harm servers, on the contrary in fact: more people will play the game, which is good!

I'll reroll on the Progenitor then, cheers.

Goggymonstah
08.01.2012 , 10:26 AM | #4
You got it wrong, it's RP/PvE not the other way around.
THE IMPERIAL INQUISITION

An Imperial Heavy RP/Social Guild(The Progenitor)
More Information

Draksen
08.01.2012 , 10:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Goggymonstah View Post
You got it wrong, it's RP/PvE not the other way around.
mmmm whats the difference??

Side question:
The legacy name is for one server, right?
I'll have to chose a new one on that server?

Exeiro
08.01.2012 , 10:47 AM | #6
Hey i am from the progenitor its a realy nice server, there are lots of Imperial pvp guilds, to and there are also some pvp guilds on the republic side, you can find any guild there for what you like, pvp, pve, rp

ElioOsovasna
08.01.2012 , 10:53 AM | #7
I play Progenitor\Sith & Red Eclipse\Republic

I keep my sides seperate out of personal preference, but I must say they are both nice populated servers, sometimes a bit too populated (Blackhole i'm looking at you)

As for why people choose a RP Server, I can only say I always do if there is a choice, I don't RP myself but I think it adds an element of realism to the server as your running around.

Patjestr
08.01.2012 , 11:29 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ElioOsovasna View Post
I play Progenitor\Sith & Red Eclipse\Republic

I keep my sides seperate out of personal preference, but I must say they are both nice populated servers, sometimes a bit too populated (Blackhole i'm looking at you)

As for why people choose a RP Server, I can only say I always do if there is a choice, I don't RP myself but I think it adds an element of realism to the server as your running around.
So it is possible to play on a RP server withour engaging in RP ? How does this work in a flashpoint then ?. I do like the idea of a RP server hoping to see more mature players.

Tatile
08.01.2012 , 12:26 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Patjestr View Post
So it is possible to play on a RP server withour engaging in RP ? How does this work in a flashpoint then ?. I do like the idea of a RP server hoping to see more mature players.
You don't RP in a flashpoint. I play on The Progenitor, but don't RP (not in an RP guild, can't find drop-ins at the cantina). I use the LFG and none of the people I've grouped with have RP'd with Serevin or Malgus or whoever. It's quite simple really; if you don't RP, you don't.

If you want to RP in Flashpoint, then get a group together for that, like most RP.

SweetNausea
08.01.2012 , 12:34 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Patjestr View Post
So it is possible to play on a RP server withour engaging in RP ?
Yes. RP is entirely optional, you have to seek it out. If someone does approach you in tells or something, just tell them you aren't interested and be on your merry way.

I've been playing on the prog since launch and have never seen anyone try to RP in a flashpoint.