Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Hardmode Lost Island - Not as hard as it seems

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Hardmode Lost Island - Not as hard as it seems

Quinnt's Avatar


Quinnt
08.01.2012 , 07:20 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Hatefrenzy View Post
For Boss 2 - LR-5 SENTINEL DROID, it is probably worth mentioning strats. It's one thing to know the mechanics, but another thing entirely to pull off a working strat for this boss.
Great guide, thanks
"No, NO! This one goes there, that one goes there...right??"

jamesigall's Avatar


jamesigall
08.01.2012 , 07:24 AM | #12
HateFrenzy - For Boss 2 - LR-5 SENTINEL DROID, it is probably worth mentioning strats. It's one thing to know the mechanics, but another thing entirely to pull off a working strat for this boss.



Really nice work - I'd stick it into the original post but its probably better where it is under your name, or even in a thread of its own - thanks

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
08.01.2012 , 10:36 AM | #13
I wanted to add one thing to this, the LR-5 strat that my group uses, with a ranged dps (me) and a melee dps.

The plasma balls drop on the second highest threat after the tank, which is usually the melee but sometimes the ranged. So right when he's about to cast it, the melee runs over to the ranged for the plasma drop, then runs back.

Ranged and healer step to the left and the fight continues as usual.

This puts the plasma balls on the outside edge of the room, easier to dodge.

pauldevries's Avatar


pauldevries
08.01.2012 , 01:57 PM | #14
How do you know right before he is going to cast it?

It seems randonm.

Cheers,Shasta

jamesigall's Avatar


jamesigall
08.01.2012 , 05:03 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffKretz View Post
I wanted to add one thing to this, the LR-5 strat that my group uses, with a ranged dps (me) and a melee dps.

The plasma balls drop on the second highest threat after the tank, which is usually the melee but sometimes the ranged. So right when he's about to cast it, the melee runs over to the ranged for the plasma drop, then runs back.

Ranged and healer step to the left and the fight continues as usual.

This puts the plasma balls on the outside edge of the room, easier to dodge.
This seems like a pretty good strategy, same as i said about HateFrenzy im just leaving the suggestions out here and not editing the main post now

Thanks for your input

jamesigall's Avatar


jamesigall
08.01.2012 , 05:04 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by pauldevries View Post
How do you know right before he is going to cast it?

It seems randonm.

Cheers,Shasta
I assume there is some kind of system to him casting it - for example he doesn't throw one down instantly ever, instead waiting for a bit after the fight begins. It may be a timer, however im pretty sure its not based on his health as having a good or bad dps team doesnt seem to impact the frequency of casts.

Thanks for commenting

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
08.01.2012 , 05:16 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by pauldevries View Post
How do you know right before he is going to cast it?

It seems randonm.

Cheers,Shasta
Hmm. This is a good question. As a Commando dps I'm never on interrupt detail so I've not paid attention to this. I'll have to ask him if there's anything to predict the drop.

jamesigall's Avatar


jamesigall
08.02.2012 , 02:06 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffKretz View Post
Hmm. This is a good question. As a Commando dps I'm never on interrupt detail so I've not paid attention to this. I'll have to ask him if there's anything to predict the drop.
Ah ok assumed the original question was related to the blue death balls, and replied as such. These are un-interruptable as there is no cast time on them.

The incinerate ability, which is the other thing you may be talking about now that i look at the comment again, is on a twelve second timer between casts to fit with the 12 second cd of most interrupts. When he casts the first time however seems relatively random - sometimes its the first cast he does, sometimes a while into the fight

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
08.02.2012 , 11:29 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by jamesigall View Post
Ah ok assumed the original question was related to the blue death balls, and replied as such. These are un-interruptable as there is no cast time on them.

The incinerate ability, which is the other thing you may be talking about now that i look at the comment again, is on a twelve second timer between casts to fit with the 12 second cd of most interrupts. When he casts the first time however seems relatively random - sometimes its the first cast he does, sometimes a while into the fight
Nono, I was referring to the plasma balls. Because I can't interrupt, I don't spend a lot of time looking at LR-5s cast bar. I had assumed there was a buff or a channel that happened right before he cast the plasma ball that somehow indicated to the sentinel that it was time to move.

(Kinda like the buff Malgus gets before he starts his cast of Ultimate Power)

BigfootNZ's Avatar


BigfootNZ
08.02.2012 , 03:50 PM | #20
Im a Gunslinger, Only done LI twice, failed the first go and got to the end on the second.

First go i was with a vanguard (tank), commando (healer), Sentinel and me. We wiped about 6 times before we gave up on the Droid, we all knew roughly what the mechanics where but it just went no where.

Second run though it was me, a sage (healer), Gaurdian (tank) and a scoundrel (dps) all on TS. Besides me only the scoundrel had done it before all the way through, the others it was first time.

Basically the way we did it was where I ranged dps sat as close to the fire grills near the door as i could get, the sage and scoundrel started on the left-hand tank area and the tank stayed in the middle with the droid the entire fight. Tank taunted and interrupted incinerate as where i was the droid was just out of range for using my interrupt, if the tank moved even a little backward it would end up out of range so relying on me to interrupt was far to risky (tank interrupting is by far the best way).

I was more or less dpsing the droid solo while the sage and scoundrel made sure to cleans and heal, the scoundrel was able to XS the adds when needed sicne they all tended to attack them ratyher than any one else while I XS'd the Droid and because of aggro it was the the scoundrel and sage that always ended up being the location of the plasma ball at which point they would run to the right side and continue from there (Our scoundrel mentioned that it drops the lightning balls on top of the healers... not sure if this is fact).

This way we beat the droid extremely easily, granted my task was pretty easy and i dont think I got damaged at all except for once or twice when i over burned and had to drop aggro, but I just used a medpac, i didnt even have to move the entire fight. The others had a much hard task running around the place.

Sav-Rak was a complete doddle, and Lorik we wiped once, but compared to the droid he's a piece of cake (Our tank was doing the strafe side step avoidance tactic on Loriks aoe cone, although our wipe happened when while dodging healer got hit by the aoe cone) as a ranged dps the only boss I felt uncomfortable with was Sav-Rak since I had to run to him further than the rest before he jumped... but really i didnt have to be that far from him in the first place, just old habits, he was still damn easy regardless.

But yeah, tank interrupts best, their interrupt is on a smaller cool down to gunslingers/sniper anyway... also they dont have to worry about channeling or casting an attack when incinerate cast bar pops up, since you cant really use interrupt while channeling and have to get up and move to cancel the channel which can delay it for a fraction of a second to long and miss.

Edit:- forgot to mention, I was in WH with 3 pieces of BH. Rest of my group was in Columi with various pieces of Rakata/WH/BH.
▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
-Really wish I could play a Rodian Gunslinger-