Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Utterly Frusterated with EC HM

dudeyoumadbro
07.31.2012 , 10:32 PM | #1
I have ran this ops many times with no issues, but for the past month the first two bosses have been bugging back, causing wipes for hours. the main issue is the Tanks boss. They always seem to randomly aggro, esp Stormcaller, not even our best tank with a proper Threat generation rotation + Taunts keep aggro and the turret always randomly turns away, and if we get lucky enough to hold aggro a freakin shield drops on the tank during the cast for defensive systems. This has never happened before, We learned that Storm caller has to be ahead for this to not happen yet it still does, I am just fed the **** up with bugs on the end game ops.

fix. this. ****.
The Leto Legacy
Athius - Jedi Guardian Stiffler - Scoundrel Annadorf - Vanguard Ellesif - Jedi Sage
Dalexs - Mercenary Dethex - Marauder Tights - Sniper Dythius - Assassian
The Bastion - PvP

Typeslice
08.01.2012 , 12:03 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by dudeyoumadbro View Post
I have ran this ops many times with no issues, but for the past month the first two bosses have been bugging back, causing wipes for hours. the main issue is the Tanks boss. They always seem to randomly aggro, esp Stormcaller, not even our best tank with a proper Threat generation rotation + Taunts keep aggro and the turret always randomly turns away, and if we get lucky enough to hold aggro a freakin shield drops on the tank during the cast for defensive systems. This has never happened before, We learned that Storm caller has to be ahead for this to not happen yet it still does, I am just fed the **** up with bugs on the end game ops.

fix. this. ****.
Haven't run into any issues on 8 or 16.
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com

EvulZoky
08.01.2012 , 12:18 AM | #3
Dps people might have changed? Berserk / bloodlust before or during double destruction and now with fully augmenteted gear even though threat have been "fixed" most tanks haven't added augments for threat, but for mitation and survivability...your tank maybe have adjusted his accuracy to much?
I just put guard on highest dps dude on my start-tank to tank. And during dd I just tell my group to don't go all in when I twist and turn them evul beams.

PM link or spoiler link a swmonitor or mox log, and I can check where it goes wrong..

We dont have aggro-management problems / bugs.

Good luck.

NotRonin
08.01.2012 , 12:30 AM | #4
As your DPS gets better, they WILL steal threat from the Stormcaller tank. Our Arsenal merc will turn the boss in the first round whenever his heat seeker missiles crits. Our solution is to 'take it easy' and use 3 DPS on Stormcaller to beat the second double destruction, After the first phase, we no longer have any threat issues.

Mavery
08.01.2012 , 01:12 AM | #5

fix. this. ****.
These are not bugs.

Disclaimer: I tank Stormcaller and I have ever since EC launched.

1) If you lose threat it's because i) you are not generating enough threat or ii) your DPS are generating too much. I'm inclined to think it is the former, not the latter. We have some really hard hitting DPS and I don't lose threat. If you have a Shadow or VG, I recommend putting them on Stormcaller as they have significantly higher threat ceilings than JKG.

2) Move out of it when it lands. It doesn't hit tanks that hard.

These are not bugs. You just need to clean up your execution.

Fossman
08.01.2012 , 03:03 AM | #6
Put 3 DPS on stormcaller then have one switch at 20% and the rest switch at 10%. Pushes ground phases faster this way thus preventing 2 double destructions/shield dropping on tank. Easier to do if you have alot of ranged DPS. Bring a marauder to put on the flame tank.

Shlamorel
08.01.2012 , 01:38 PM | #7
Surprisingly, your raids' overall DPS increasing (or decreasing) can affect things like the spawn of the lightning shield on stormcaller. When our DPS got more geared, we ran into this problem but had to find a way to adapt to it.

Some of the abilities are on a timer and happen consistently whereas others happen based on what % the boss HP is at. I can't remember which ability is on which type of cooldown, but tracking that information down and utilizing it was key for us adjusting to our increased DPS.
Shlamorel Sta'raeth - Jedi Seer
Dragonbrand
------------
I vow to try and respond in a constructive and positive manner

dominius
08.01.2012 , 01:54 PM | #8
and if we get lucky enough to hold aggro a freakin shield drops on the tank during the cast for defensive systems. This has never happened before, We learned that Storm caller has to be ahead for this to not happen yet it still does
If a shield drops on the Stormcaller tank and you have someone outside dropping those then it's because Firebrand transitioned first. If they are really close in health then it may look like Stormcaller is transitioning first but the fact that you are getting shields on the Stormcaller tank tells me that Firebrand is transitioning first.

Nothing you mentioned sounds like a bug.
Guildmaster of
Elitist Isolationists
Website | Forums | The Harbinger
Domineus || Malego || Trotsky || Ava'rus

Typeslice
08.01.2012 , 04:18 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by NotRonin View Post
As your DPS gets better, they WILL learn how not to steal threat from the Stormcaller tank. Our Arsenal merc will turn the boss in the first round whenever his heat seeker missiles crits. Our solution is to 'take it easy' and use 3 DPS on Stormcaller to beat the second double destruction, After the first phase, we no longer have any threat issues.
Fixed it for you. Dead dps is bad dps.
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com

CBRGhostRider
08.01.2012 , 04:48 PM | #10
Don't think we have seen bugs on the tanks in HM EC. However we did see the following bugs occasionally:

1. T&Z, HM EC, sometimes the yellow circle during berserk will randomly disappear from underneath the dps, even though dps is alive and well. This leads to a second yellow circle, but due to dps going too fast toth will jump and have berserk from previous phase before baradium toss.

2. HM kephess, walker 3rd dps phase, random bomber sometimes comes out (4th bomber) when walker is being killed. We usually cc him, so this isn't game breaking.

3. Minesweeper... sometimes the stealhed probe will NOT unstealth when tank tries to unstealth it through holo, but tank will be transported back up and has to fight elite again, and then summon probe again.

Other than that, we have the random lag spikes etc, sometimes leading to a wipe (e.g. taunting point on kephess or Toth jumps not showing up due to lag, and then when it shows up tank is dead or close to dying).