Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bring Back White Crystals

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ScarletBlaze
09.01.2012 , 01:52 PM | #151
Quote:
AllisonBerryman

I asked Jason Attard (Senior Game Balance Designer) about whether or not we intend to bring the white crystals back. He said that we do intend to make this crystal available again in the future, but we do want it to remain very rare even when we do.
Thank you for your response.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

LordArtemis
09.01.2012 , 02:10 PM | #152
Are you guys really insulting each other over white lightsaber crystals and individuality...in a video game based on Star Wars?

I hope I don't have to explain how silly that is.

Mevan
09.02.2012 , 03:57 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by RazorTrooper View Post
I disagree there were no white lightsabers in any SW games / Movies so this actually is not a part of the sw ideals... also remove Color-Black Crystals beacause these do not exist either!
I agree with removing coloured-black crystals or simply making them very rare and hard to get, not just for a few WZ comms. But there has been a black-white combination in Star Wars before, and it does look quite good. That one I would like to see, but again make it difficult to acquire and make sure it needs a lot of hard work to obtain, otherwise it isn't worth adding. That said, it is in game, but apparently only for ex-Bioware employees (or so I hear), which sucks on every level. Add more colours Bioware! I want a gosh darned sea-green crystal!

DevilStarr
09.03.2012 , 04:41 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Are you guys really insulting each other over white lightsaber crystals and individuality...in a video game based on Star Wars?

I hope I don't have to explain how silly that is.

No...please do... Not normally one to fan the flames, but I'm extremely bored at work, on a holiday no less, and would really love some more entertainment... Lmao

Wraiven
09.03.2012 , 07:19 PM | #155
Honestly, I think they are ugly, you can't tell where the center starts and the glowing outer edge begins. Was not a fan of it then, am not a fan of them now. Not a fan of the Dark Crystals either. They are not even canon.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Henu
09.03.2012 , 07:49 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by RazorTrooper View Post
I disagree there were no white lightsabers in any SW games / Movies so this actually is not a part of the sw ideals... also remove Color-Black Crystals beacause these do not exist either!
In SW books there is a black crystal called the Black Wing.
:sy_bountyhunter ::sy_bountyhunte r::sy_bountyhunt er::sy_bountyhun ter::sy_bountyhu nter::sy_bountyh unter::sy_bounty hunter::sy_bount yhunter::

Wraiven
09.03.2012 , 08:05 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Henu View Post
In SW books there is a black crystal called the Black Wing.
I know anything created with the name "Star Wars" has to be passed by Lucas Arts. My mother and my Father both have to deal with Lucas over a great many things they do, since they are tied in with a costuming group. That being said, I am shocked at some of the things that George Lucas is allowing to pass as "canon".

A good number of us, including me, does not consider everything they write in comics or books to be canon. Dark Lightsabers and white lightsabers to be one of them...and some of the sounds this game uses to pass off as lightsabers to be another.

It's a losing battle, we know, because in the end, George Lucas has the say so, but it does not mean we have to subscribe to these new ideas as to what is "canon" and what is not. IMO, if it was not in the movies, it should not be here.

Seems to me that George Lucas is pretty much allowing just about anything to pass as Star Wars now. I do not think he even listens to some of these sound bites people offer to pass as Lightsaber Sound Effects. I mean, seriously, one of them sound exactly like somebody held the microphone next to a box fan and recorded it. Sounds like crap. And Dark Colored Crystals...??? How is that a "Light" Saber? Wouldn't that be more like a "Dark" Saber? I don't know, guess I am just an old grouchy man, but sometimes these changes just go too far fetched from what it was in origin.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Henu
09.03.2012 , 08:38 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I know anything created with the name "Star Wars" has to be passed by Lucas Arts. My mother and my Father both have to deal with Lucas over a great many things they do, since they are tied in with a costuming group. That being said, I am shocked at some of the things that George Lucas is allowing to pass as "canon".

A good number of us, including me, does not consider everything they write in comics or books to be canon. Dark Lightsabers and white lightsabers to be one of them...and some of the sounds this game uses to pass off as lightsabers to be another.

It's a losing battle, we know, because in the end, George Lucas has the say so, but it does not mean we have to subscribe to these new ideas as to what is "canon" and what is not. IMO, if it was not in the movies, it should not be here.

Seems to me that George Lucas is pretty much allowing just about anything to pass as Star Wars now. I do not think he even listens to some of these sound bites people offer to pass as Lightsaber Sound Effects. I mean, seriously, one of them sound exactly like somebody held the microphone next to a box fan and recorded it. Sounds like crap. And Dark Colored Crystals...??? How is that a "Light" Saber? Wouldn't that be more like a "Dark" Saber? I don't know, guess I am just an old grouchy man, but sometimes these changes just go too far fetched from what it was in origin.
in the end its all make believe, i'd love to see the white crystal, back and saber Whip in the game.
:sy_bountyhunter ::sy_bountyhunte r::sy_bountyhunt er::sy_bountyhun ter::sy_bountyhu nter::sy_bountyh unter::sy_bounty hunter::sy_bount yhunter::

Liquidacid
09.03.2012 , 09:02 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
And Dark Colored Crystals...??? How is that a "Light" Saber? Wouldn't that be more like a "Dark" Saber? I don't know, guess I am just an old grouchy man, but sometimes these changes just go too far fetched from what it was in origin.
funny you should say that because

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darksaber_(lightsaber)
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

mattchanner
09.04.2012 , 10:41 AM | #160
Hell no. keep the White crystals rare! and please don't make them buy-able with cartel coins. make some incredibly difficult quest line to get it. don't just give awesome **** away. It makes everything seem worthless.

"Omg I finally got the rarest saber crystal in all of star wars lore! ...... and so does everyone else with 5 bucks"
U MAD? Let go of your Anger.
Look I made a Dumb fan video too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USRec...el_video_title