Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where do I learn speeder riding?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Where do I learn speeder riding?

bridgesro
07.31.2012 , 06:28 PM | #1
I recently upgraded my account with the digital deluxe edition of the game, which came with the STAP speeder as a bonus. It says I need speeder riding in order to use it. Where is the trainer for speeders?

Stebbinn
07.31.2012 , 06:31 PM | #2
You get the speeder training from your class trainer at level 25.
Later on when you get your legacy around level 32 at the end of chapter 1 and reach legacy level 5, you'll be able to get speeder training at level 10 in character perks tab.

bridgesro
07.31.2012 , 06:32 PM | #3
Gotcha. Thanks for the answer!

Seedyman
08.04.2012 , 04:40 PM | #4
I find it annoying they neglect to mention you must be independently wealthy to afford to learn the skill.

Or rather, I find it annoying that game designers think they are making their games more fun by forcing us to plod along at this tediously slow "sprint" then dangle a speed increase ability that you have to wait until you've leveled through half the levels in the game to get, PLUS price it absurdly high.

Stebbinn
08.04.2012 , 08:03 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Seedyman View Post
I find it annoying they neglect to mention you must be independently wealthy to afford to learn the skill.

Or rather, I find it annoying that game designers think they are making their games more fun by forcing us to plod along at this tediously slow "sprint" then dangle a speed increase ability that you have to wait until you've leveled through half the levels in the game to get, PLUS price it absurdly high.
35k credits for skill (used to be 40k) and 8k for speeder at level 25 isn't much, you should have about 45-55k credits (maybe more) if you haven't spent it all on gear on GTN or something else.

Seedyman
08.04.2012 , 08:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Stebbinn View Post
35k credits for skill (used to be 40k) and 8k for speeder at level 25 isn't much, you should have about 45-55k credits (maybe more) if you haven't spent it all on gear on GTN or something else.
A good theory, but in practice, turns out that everything is pretty expensive. Merely dabbling in a crafting profession is enough to drain one's coffers at this level.

BHunterBuffy
08.06.2012 , 06:05 AM | #7
If you got the Digital Deluxe or CE then you should already have a speeder you can use at level 25
Merc - Launch Day Participant

Skodan
08.06.2012 , 04:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Seedyman View Post
A good theory, but in practice, turns out that everything is pretty expensive. Merely dabbling in a crafting profession is enough to drain one's coffers at this level.
and once you hit 50 you will be rolling in cash, the 35k will look like a drop in the bucket. if you dont waste money on crew skills when you hit 23/24 you should have enough from quests to be able to afford the skill
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Seedyman
08.06.2012 , 07:49 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BHunterBuffy View Post
If you got the Digital Deluxe or CE then you should already have a speeder you can use at level 25
But that's just it, you CAN'T use it unless you have a spare 35k credits laying around.

Seedyman
08.06.2012 , 08:07 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
and once you hit 50 you will be rolling in cash, the 35k will look like a drop in the bucket. if you dont waste money on crew skills when you hit 23/24 you should have enough from quests to be able to afford the skill
If one knows in advance not to spend ones money on anything it's probably fine, but that's kind of my complaint. Why do devs think that annoying their customers or boring them with pointless long slow trips is the right way to encourage them to stay.