Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

F2P players don't need forum access

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BaronV
08.06.2012 , 11:32 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
While we don't plan on allowing Free Players access to post on the forums, we do ask that you respect other community members, regardless of their status.
How about YOU people start by respecting your loyal fans and paying customers?!!
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

Petnil
08.07.2012 , 12:29 PM | #92
so, how about support forum, wil f2p be locked from that too ?
And what if a f2p have a brilliant idea that would fit into swtor very well, why not let him suggest it in a forum.
iīm all for giving less options for f2p. i even think ftp should have been to 30 or 40 only, but that would prevent people who are allready lv 50 to go f2p so thatīs probably out of the question. exept you could make it a thing from cash shops. open up 10 more lv. and if you sub you get them for free.
i just think comunication is a good thing, even from f2p. hell even from EA/BW, (not that there is much)

lightSaberAddiCt
08.07.2012 , 01:03 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
They will never silence the bullies that say ''if you don't like it, leave''. Never.

They need these bullies to bully others into silence. These bullies weren't silenced pre-launch, when we said that the game wasn't ready. These bullies weren't silenced the last months, when we said that something needs to change.

What makes you think that Bioware will silence these bullies now?!?
Not sure how someone that says, if you don't like it leave is really bullying. The real question is, why are you playing a game that you don't like? And why do you think that everyone in the forum should have to tolerate the constant negative forum posts, that you feel you are entitled to post?

Isn't that more of an example of bullying? Forcing your negative posts on everyone else?

lightSaberAddiCt
08.07.2012 , 01:05 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Mdgshorty View Post
How about this. If they buy a certain amount of cartel coins in a month, they get access to the forum for the month?
How about if you pay a subscription you can post?

Petnil
08.07.2012 , 05:53 PM | #95
iīm all for fewer options ingame for f2p. But on forums i just dont think so. I dont care if a great idea is from a sub or a f2p.
Also at least the support forum should be for all. If a f2p cant get his game to work and thereīs no support heīll just uninstall swtor and then BW wont get any of his cash in their shops.
the trolling and whining wont get much worse even with the f2p. Only subs actually have much invested in the game so most of the whines will probably be from subs. If you play for free you set your expectations alot lower. (at least i would)

Darth-Rammstein
08.07.2012 , 05:58 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
While we don't plan on allowing Free Players access to post on the forums, we do ask that you respect other community members, regardless of their status.
Good, I hope you stick to your guns on that. The reason I don't want f2p players on the forums is because I guarantee it will just be full of trolls and people bashing the game (more than there already is).
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five ----> The Ebon Hawk
http://www.swtor.com/r/RC8V8V New and Old players welcome to use my referral for rewards, much appreciated.

Mdgshorty
08.07.2012 , 07:31 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
How about if you pay a subscription you can post?
You do realize some pay more than $15 per month without a sub. A lot of games allow free players to get access if they pay $15 or more in a given month.
Sparkal - Scoundrel - Begeren Colony - Enduring Dawn - Smuggler Lead
Sparkala - Scoundrel - Shadowlands

7 Days free subscription time + free stuff = http://www.swtor.com/r/nKJJWc

Eillack
08.07.2012 , 07:32 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
How about YOU people start by respecting your loyal fans and paying customers?!!
Lol personal attacks is a sure way to gain their respect.

This is why we don't have more communication.

Shingara
08.07.2012 , 07:33 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Mdgshorty View Post
You do realize some pay more than $15 per month without a sub. A lot of games allow free players to get access if they pay $15 or more in a given month.
If they are paying more then $15 a month they should sub anyways as it would prob be cheaper.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

SirRobin
08.07.2012 , 07:37 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
This place was toxic enough when plenty were still paying to play. It would become downright acidic if BioWare let anyone who created an account post. With the bare bones mod coverage as it is, this forum would become a spam site.