Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play Q&A Thread

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AllisonBerryman
07.31.2012 , 03:41 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone! We're sure you have some questions about our upcoming Free-to-Play option, and we'd like to try to answer as many as we can in a special edition of our Q&A. We'll be delaying our normal Q&A and will bring you more in-depth answers on as many of your questions about Free-to-Play as we can next week.

Please use this thread to ask your Free-to-Play questions. Please do not use this thread as a discussion or commentary thread, as we'll be using it to gather your questions.

Be sure to check out the Free-to-Play FAQ, new Free-to-Play announcement page, and comparison grid to see if your question has already been answered!

Thanks!

Giolon
07.31.2012 , 03:44 PM | #2
#1) Is Subscribing truly going to be the only way for players to access Operations content? Are you not worried that this will limit the pool of players too much and cause the less-hardcore participating in Operations to drop?

#2) Will you provide access to additional character slots per server via in-game purchases or other method?

#3) Will conveniences like Legacy Perks start costing Cartel Credits?

#4) Will there be any new content added to the game between now and the Free-to-Play transition?
Da'ru Ar'lya - Jedi Seer
~Giolon~

ChazDoit
07.31.2012 , 03:44 PM | #3
I understand that purchasers of Collector's Edition will receive a reward of 1000 Cartel Coins and that's great but is there going to be some reward for the purchasers of the Standard and Digital Deluxe Edition?

Daoist
07.31.2012 , 03:45 PM | #4
There is going to be limitations on character creation choices such as species. Does this mean that there will be new species and customizables for paying players?

Also: I have been using game time codes bought from the origin website. Does my time played on those codes/payments receive the same benefits as those with 1month/3month/6month subscriptions?

Izorii
07.31.2012 , 03:45 PM | #5
What items can we expect in the cartel shop when it is lauched, will new species be among them, and will it all be fluff content (I actually think the game needs more fluff content so this is not a bad thing)? Also will the Cartel shop be avaliable before free to play hits or on the same day?

Aelther
07.31.2012 , 03:48 PM | #6
Since the game is going Free-to-Play, does that mean no more full voice-overs for future expansions? Partial voice-overs would really damage SWTOR's Charm.

CainCypherus
07.31.2012 , 03:48 PM | #7
Hi,

How will the Sith Meditation Throne work? Will it be an emote, a skill, an item or some part of user-bought interior for our spaceships?

Will the Cartel Shop and Coin system offer PayToWin options? I'm actually very positive about this whole thing and i really hope that this isn't the way you've chosen to go, but if it isn't i think this is a fantastic way you are doing it! My gut feeling tells me that this is gonna be good...

LOWTHOR
07.31.2012 , 03:48 PM | #8
What happens if all the characters I have already created while subscribed (before F2P announcement) are now restricted species? That means I lose access to all my characters even though I didn't know they would be restricted?

rickpArry
07.31.2012 , 03:50 PM | #9
what will be the average price for an item on the cartel points shop?
There are allot of things in life you can pirate,
for everything else there's MasterCard.

LOWTHOR
07.31.2012 , 03:51 PM | #10
Quote:
Your account will automatically be downgraded and it will operate under the Free player restrictions. You will need to choose what items to keep with you within the restriction levels of the free access. Furthermore, you will be able to see, but not use, your excess credits, inventory slots, bank tabs, and extra characters.
This FAQ entry says there are restriction on items/credits/inventory/bank but none of this is mentioned in the Free-to-Play Chart http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Which is correct?