Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing a Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing a Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xxCJ
08.07.2012 , 07:39 PM | #971
You guys think this thing will reach a hundred page limit or is that non-existent? I don't know, I just saw that somewhere before on this thread.
"Every time you use a napkin while wearing a shirt, you waist a napkin you could have, and would have, used while not wearing a shirt."
- Me

Nagadeath
08.07.2012 , 07:42 PM | #972
Quote: Originally Posted by xxCJ View Post
You guys think this thing will reach a hundred page limit or is that non-existent? I don't know, I just saw that somewhere before on this thread.
BW created stickies don't get restarted at 1000 posts they just let them go on until they unsticky them.

Kourage
08.07.2012 , 08:49 PM | #973
Investment group predicts positive returns for Star Wars: The Old Republic following free-to-play announcement

Quote:
Yesterday's bombshell from Star Wars: The Old Republic has prompted the usual spirited debate among fans over the game: Is this a last gasp before it dies or a smart move in the current MMO marketplace? Wedbush Securities believes it's the latter, with analyst Michael Pachter stating that the news from Electronic Arts is positive and that the change in business models should result in a significant profit for the game.

Pachter described Wedbush's reaction as "incorrigibly positive," with specific emphasis on EA's digital catalogue and the free-to-play shift for Star Wars: The Old Republic. According to his analysis, the change in business models will remove the most significant hurdles from potential players, leading to a net increase in revenue from the game. The market as a whole responded positively to the financial news, with EA's stock rising six percent as a result of the call. Pachter has previously been critical of the MMO market, having claimed in early July that subscriber numbers have peaked for the industry as a whole.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

SupremeLegate
08.07.2012 , 10:31 PM | #974
Which just leads me to believe that the true test will be in how they handle this Cartel Market.

EmpressEmpyrean
08.07.2012 , 11:01 PM | #975
About time. You should have listened long before launch about free to play and subscribers. Then you would not have lost so many players. Now you suddenly realise that you should have done it in the first place. I hope the ones who suggested it come back and say "I told you so".

LlorPuBreh
08.07.2012 , 11:31 PM | #976
Well the fat lady is a-singin'. Thanks for killing the game EA.. I knew it in my gut, way back when you bought Bioware, that you would soon turn Bioware into Biofail. Congrats, Mission Accomplished..
If it wasnt for EA, this game would've succeeded. No doubt about it.

Tuscad
08.08.2012 , 12:55 AM | #977
Quote: Originally Posted by LlorPuBreh View Post
Well the fat lady is a-singin'. Thanks for killing the game EA.. I knew it in my gut, way back when you bought Bioware, that you would soon turn Bioware into Biofail. Congrats, Mission Accomplished..
If it wasnt for EA, this game would've succeeded. No doubt about it.
It is more like ByeOwhere. Bye as in everybody unsubbing and Owhere as in all of the Suits saying "Owhere has everybody gone."
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Cleosly
08.08.2012 , 02:33 AM | #978
First of all you really should focus on the paying players now, raise the level cap to at least 100 so the people who pay get the most advantages and do they pay for the game and just not the subscription cost or is it just free overall?

MadBlue
08.08.2012 , 05:32 AM | #979
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
It is more like ByeOwhere. Bye as in everybody unsubbing and Owhere as in all of the Suits saying "Owhere has everybody gone."
Keep your day job.

EcrirTwyLar
08.08.2012 , 08:15 AM | #980
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Executive Producer Jeff Hickman addresses the fans about our Free-to-Play announcement:

Read More
Now we will get to see every type of pain in the *** player who wants to join this game. Including gold(credit) seller/spammers etc. I sure hope Bioware has a plan to deal with this crap.