Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing a Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing a Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

goochballs
08.05.2012 , 07:13 AM | #891
i think its a great idea, more swtor players means more fun for everyone
i will continue to be a subscribed player..

goochballs
08.05.2012 , 07:15 AM | #892
Quote: Originally Posted by poisun View Post
i dont think so i have played alot of games that have went F2P and it is nice to play to end level but you find players that pay always have better stuff and you start wanting it to More so in pvp and thats good new for me even more players to world pvp / warzones . also what is killing SWTOR is the lack of content level 50 is so short so im sure a expation to level 75 or 80 and some new races,worlds,classes would boost the game 100% and what i can see the game will add more as time goes on so sit back and enjoy the ride. im sure a man of your skill can kill a undergeared level 50
couldnt have said it better!!

DarthRixius
08.05.2012 , 07:45 AM | #893
If you didn't make so many servers to choose from in the beginning you probably wouldn't be in this mess in the first place!!

I've paid since the start and now ppl are getting it for free and you still expect me to pay! Seriously!

I have a Guild so am I supposed to start recruiting paying members only because F2P players only have limited content and wont be able to join in?

OsunTris
08.05.2012 , 07:56 AM | #894
Bioware you are new in the MMO business. But let me tell you a few things.

Announcing a FP2 option will be a bullet in your head. First of all EA was not a good choice as a publisher.
You have announced an unfinished game on Christmas, but okay I thought you fixed it after lunch. This never happens. Have enough of this. Yeah i canceled my account 2 months ago.
The game was "unfinished" it has a lack of pvp and balance, and the "legacy" system is waste of resources. Story is cool but sorry how much I can see story when the game has lack of other things.
The game was unfinished you should working on it 6 more months and not just release an unfinshed game. A writer does not publish an unfinished book to say it clearly.

Moreover one of your biggest mistakes was to think that everything is working fine when you have 2 Mio. subscribers. Sorry to say that but thats fanatic to think thats enough. You have to work hard every day for it. Every day to finish the game that is unfinished in my perspective and add things that are missing. Support is one of the things that are missing too, I mean get to work and not sit down and think money will work for you. Where are the addons, where are the own interface (not your interface, just my). I don't like your interface, I like to change it myself with addons.
Sometimes I thing when you annouced the cool Interface with 1.2 is that your code is so bad, that you aware of showing it to the software community to made it working.
Not including addons is one of the biggest mistakes. See blizzard they are improving the game every day and working hard for it, and what they get? The biggest community. No I am not playing WoW and will never play again, it is just an example. Yeah I compare, why I do it, because everyone do it.
When you release an MMO you have to get everything that the others have (especially WoW), so the game has to have everything that WoW has at the beginning, when you lunch the game, but it hasn't.
Second you lack of information and ignorance to the community is one of the mistakes you have done in the past.
I think you searching for an financial model to keep the game and not for ideas to fix it, thats why you fail, because you ignore the community. Playing on the Mac and waiting still waiting for a native client, but I know this will never happen. Just playing on bootcamp and everything is fine, but will be nicer to get a native client.
So when playing on my PC the game crashes as well, with the newest hardware. I mean what the **** yeah you point it out.

One thing to say at last, they are fail decisions that have been made. And someone is responsible for that, when I would be a senior manager I would fire that person, because the fail decisions made the things complicated to now.
I would fire that person long time ago, because they are lack of information from the beginning and the management decisions that are made are terrible.
EA as a publisher have some knowledge of putting a MMO on the market, see WAR and a few other. I really thought that EA have learned to mange this, but when I see now what happened with SWTOR I can say "nope" they haven't learned. The person that is responsible for that at EA should be fired, but this not happen. The person will keep doing until he or she will be replaced by someone competent, that have his or her eyes open wide.
Thats what you need in that business today.

Just2cents.

Arekaine
08.05.2012 , 09:18 AM | #895
All I know is they said there were going to be items of convenience, which is a huge grey area. I mean, Having a stim that gives +1000 expertise, that pretty convenient if you ask me.

They also said there will be new customizable gear. Well I hope you enjoyed being a synth-weaver, armormech, armstech and artifce. Cause all those orange schematics just became worthless. Don't plan on getting any new ones any time soon either. Why would they give you the ability to make free gear when the cool orange gear can be bought in the cash shop?

CommanderSlayer
08.05.2012 , 10:44 AM | #896
Its as if 1000000 subscription have suddenly cried out in terror, and where suddenly silenced.....RIP SWTOR
"I have seen the future and it is a Dark one.."
Hail! To the sanguine Nights! Hail to the Empire!

stigkristian
08.05.2012 , 10:55 AM | #897
I like this idea. I really like the new type of market with all the new equipment, boosts, etc. Still, I had hoped for some more focus on the Legacy system as well. I think I will continue subscribing though. I still want full access to everything in the game.
We fight and die for the Republic!

xxCJ
08.05.2012 , 12:39 PM | #898
There should be Chat Filters and maybe Sub-only Servers for this kinda F2P thing, I mean, I don't want a bunch of F2Pers running around the Imp Fleet spamming the crap out of the Station. And there is griefing. Other than that, when do I get my Cartel Coins???
"Every time you use a napkin while wearing a shirt, you waist a napkin you could have, and would have, used while not wearing a shirt."
- Me

boxfetish
08.05.2012 , 12:50 PM | #899
Quote: Originally Posted by Emohawk View Post
But you can level for free to 50...so you willing to sub for operations and a few more fashpoints?
And also (most likely) full access to the GTN and access to fleet passes and quick travel to bind points, plus X dollars worth of cartel coins each month.

idnewton
08.05.2012 , 02:18 PM | #900
Just curious, have the mentioned what the new level cap will be or when the expansion will be released?
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'