Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing a Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing a Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

XtreamBean
08.03.2012 , 11:06 PM | #851
I like how some are all like rage quit without even giving it a chance. Keep to your fears and you will go nowhere fast. I am willing to give it a chance then see how things turn out. I guess I just like to keep a open mind, I guess that is really hard to do at this time for some.

Svarteryttaren
08.03.2012 , 11:58 PM | #852
I hope they release mega servers before they release F2P.
BW: Plz add PvP that is storybaced so that it effects
the somehow or some objective based PvP > 8 vs 8

Stogzlol
08.04.2012 , 02:34 AM | #853
Quote: Originally Posted by XtreamBean View Post
I like how some are all like rage quit without even giving it a chance. Keep to your fears and you will go nowhere fast. I am willing to give it a chance then see how things turn out. I guess I just like to keep a open mind, I guess that is really hard to do at this time for some.
It's hard to say people didn't give the game a chance when most actively subscribed to this point. A lot of people had high hopes for this game to survive, however, this just simply isn't the direction most wanted the game to take. You're not an open minded person if you're trying to condescend on other's choices.

AWorldofHerOwn
08.04.2012 , 05:44 AM | #854
I would like to see new hair styles and colors to be either added into the game for subs or into the market where we could buy them with the cartel coins. Other than that I plan to remain a sub mainly because I have a friend who I play MMOs with and it really doesn't matter what game we play as long as we are both having fun. Besides, it was his turn to pick the game. I picked the last 5.

ChazDoit
08.04.2012 , 07:37 AM | #855
Quote: Originally Posted by AWorldofHerOwn View Post
I would like to see new hair styles and colors to be either added into the game for subs or into the market where we could buy them with the cartel coins. Other than that I plan to remain a sub mainly because I have a friend who I play MMOs with and it really doesn't matter what game we play as long as we are both having fun. Besides, it was his turn to pick the game. I picked the last 5.
I think you can expect character customization to skyrocket since its going to be in of their main ways of making money, I can see them adding stuff like new customization options for our characters, barber shops, new species and even ship customization!

LaVolpex
08.04.2012 , 08:35 AM | #856
Quote: Originally Posted by XtreamBean View Post
if it wasnt EA were talking about , id be right there with you buddy....
but ive seen them ruin and make near mandatory DLC on their past games, it honestly woldnt surprise me that they make this pay2win , even more so, because of the horrible financial failure this game was

i hope i eat my words, but i wouldnt trust EA with a roll of wet toilet paper so i guess well see

SubNatural
08.04.2012 , 08:59 AM | #857
Sure ... I am going to pay 12 / Month to play some Flashpoint get some gear, and all the other ones who are playing for free get a small limit.
It was stupid that I bought this game 8 days ago

Cirinia
08.04.2012 , 09:34 AM | #858
I'm fully supporting mix of F2P with monthly sub. As a former player of "F2P" game I'm totally against SWTOR as F2P only.

nakoda
08.04.2012 , 10:16 AM | #859
Quote: Originally Posted by Raduaerosx View Post
Totaly Agree with you my Friend , No matter What some Trolls may say, true Fans Enjoys SWTOR !
unfortunately for the state of the game, it is you so called "true fans" who ruin games because your passive aggressive consumerism allows companies to poke lightsabers up your butt while you "patiently wait for the devs to do their jobs" and "accept that unfinished products is just part of the development cycle" etc, etc, etc.

You people actually think it is okay for these companies to release unfinished products, to such an extent that money mongering publishing houses like EA actually allowed that nonsense to spill into console games.

CONSOLE EFFING GAMES WITH PATCHES ... all because of "fans" who are willing to be buggered to satisfy their jones.

Gosh darnit people, be CONSUMERS and start taking an active role in ensuring that the products you spend money on are worth it.

Is 15$ a month "too much money" (this is for all you, "if you cant afford it, get a real job people)? No, it isn't, but when I purchase a game, I can play it for as long as i like without paying more for it. We now pay 15$ a month for the privilege of playing the same game every day.

To this end, I support F2P, because I don't NEED/WANT to be charged a monthly fee for the same product: ESPECIALLY WHEN THAT PRODUCT DOES NOT WORK AS INTENDED OR PROVIDE THE AMENITIES THAT WERE PART OF THE PURCHASE BARGAIN (ie monthly content updates, bug fixes, etc).

Your monthly subscriptions support the devs in their backwards cycle of "pay-to-beta". Eventually, once the game is complete, people will get it for free.

Oh wait .. in this case, even the people getting it for free will be getting an incomplete product.

edit: Meanwhile, you people are bickering over whether or not you can play mon calamari and have more vanity items and whether or not CE buyers and DDE buying are being treated equitably.

the average consumers these days are eff word CATTLE. You get prodded into a pen, and milked until its time to stuff you full of inefficient and unhealthy food so that you can walk to the next pen to be milked for all you are worth again.

I am sure I had more I wanted to rant about, but this will do for now.

edit2: the real meat fo why people are angry has NOTHING to do with SWTOR the game itself, and everything to do with the way that MMO customers have been treated by developers over the last decade. We are no longer members of the gaming community, we are notches on the shareholders stock count. Nothing more.THAT is why people are pissed.

Think about it, heck try thinking at all, PERIOD.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello of EA
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.
An Article About F2P

SAMSONYT
08.04.2012 , 11:46 AM | #860
No!!! Dont do it! This game is way to good to be free, try advertising more or something but if you make it free till 50 I bet more people will stop paying and it will earn the reputation of any other cheap online game
Samsonite