Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing a Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing a Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SidneyFault
08.02.2012 , 04:32 PM | #771
779 posts and 56,787 views on this thread the the devs are completely ignoring this tread. This only proves they do not care at all that there is a significant amount of people who do not like this idea at all.. but they don't care at all.. if they did they would at least have acknowledged this thread. this is complete garbage!!!

Hey AllisonBerryman how about you acknowledge this thread... I mean its a sticky and has posts than any other sticky and the second highest views. But no you completely ignore this thread and don't post anything here at all!!
May the 4th be with you!!!!!

Catsmeat
08.02.2012 , 04:36 PM | #772
Quote: Originally Posted by SidneyFault View Post
779 posts and 56,787 views on this thread the the devs are completely ignoring this tread. This only proves they do not care at all that there is a significant amount of people who do not like this idea at all.. but they don't care at all.. if they did they would at least have acknowledged this thread. this is complete garbage!!!

Hey AllisonBerryman how about you acknowledge this thread... I mean its a sticky and has posts than any other sticky and the second highest views. But no you completely ignore this thread and don't post anything here at all!!
Welcome to my experience with SWTOR since I bought the game (Pre-purchase). Little response in forums. Canned CS ticket replies that didn't help and usually showed the CS paster hadn't even read my issue, CS forum help requests directed to informationless dev posts, etc. It's nothing new. Welcome to the ignored customer club.

SidneyFault
08.02.2012 , 04:41 PM | #773
1191 posts on their facebook page most of which are all hating this idea.... and yet they still have no clue. pathetic

SidneyFault
08.02.2012 , 04:51 PM | #774
Quote: Originally Posted by Catsmeat View Post
Welcome to my experience with SWTOR since I bought the game. Little response in forums. Canned CS ticket replies that didn't help and usually showed the CS paster hadn't even read my issue. It's nothing new. Welcome to the ignored customer club.

I have had the same deal.. I have even called them and got the same lies there.. Really nice staff but their phone tech support knows about as much as we do about all of this.

Sydth
08.02.2012 , 04:56 PM | #775
Quote: Originally Posted by Jhazin View Post
There's still tons of buggy situations in SWTOR and there's SO MUCH GRINDING!!! Don't get me wrong, the game is still fun, but trying to follow a game like WOW is going to take something way more solid, planned out, and original than what the game currently is.
Grinding? What grinding? The only grinding i've seen is in crafting anything good.
Khajjo'panåkaShahi'palåk Aloo'palak
The Shadowlands

"There is no greater challenge than to change from within. But that is what we all must do to survive"- Former Jedi Grand Master Satele Shan

jupitorjones
08.02.2012 , 05:09 PM | #776
so CE owners get an extra 1000 coins to spend on stuff that should of been in the CE store but was ignored and it also seems to me that F2P will open the floodgates for creditspammers
Jedi waves hand-- " you want to drop your weapon and surrender" Bounty Hunter waves hand " you are an idiot"

aristein
08.02.2012 , 05:14 PM | #777
Quote: Originally Posted by Pigdaddy View Post
F2P till level 50?.

Congrats you've just killed swtor.
Yep, there is absolutely no reason to sub anymore. Subs are just paying real money now for in-game trinkets...nothing more. You might as well, save your money and enjoy the content for free. If you do happen to see something you want, you can spend some money then I guess.

But the bottom line is f2p players could care less about the game and do not make a viable community (which is one of the biggest reasons to play an mmo); devs of f2p games do not make meaningful contect, only cookie cutter expansions because all there time is spend trying to develop items they can sell for real money, and despite the success of some other games the f2p content will not likely work for swtor because the content from 1-50 (the story and immersion) is the reason why most subs play. They are giving away what is valuable and charging for what is not. Great plan .
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

SupremeLegate
08.02.2012 , 05:15 PM | #778

Yeah, the don't care about feedback for this decision at all.......wait a second, what's this:

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hello everyone! We're sure you have some questions about our upcoming Free-to-Play option, and we'd like to try to answer as many as we can in a special edition of our Q&A. We'll be delaying our normal Q&A and will bring you more in-depth answers on as many of your questions about Free-to-Play as we can next week.

Please use this thread to ask your Free-to-Play questions. Please do not use this thread as a discussion or commentary thread, as we'll be using it to gather your questions.

Be sure to check out the Free-to-Play FAQ, new Free-to-Play announcement page, and comparison grid to see if your question has already been answered!

Thanks!

Sydth
08.02.2012 , 05:27 PM | #779
Quote: Originally Posted by Sydth View Post
hello? Can we please get a reply from our newly formed community team??
At the time of this post there where 677 posts in this thread with 46,190 views. And yet not one post from a dev. ....Again I challenge a DEV to write a response that is something most substantial than double talk. They really must think we are children cause that is exactly how they are treating us.
I challenge the devs to step up and talk about this without all the double talk. Show us you read these posts and actually care.. ignore this tread and you absolutely prove what so many others have written... you don't care what the community thinks!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by SupremeLegate View Post
Given how quickly this thread has grown I think we can be sure of at least one thing: Friday's Community Q&A will be very interesting.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rasticles View Post
Nah, business as usual..... Got a real question? Forget them answering it.....Ask about a Fluffy Pink Bunny pet: BOOM!!
Quote: Originally Posted by xGuyotx View Post
If a dev does a response to all of this, I have a question. As a subscriber, when I go to log in, it says I have priority in the que over a FTP. If my server is jammed full of FTP players, will one of them get kicked when I try to log in, or do I have to sit around and wait in que even though I am a subscriber?
Quote: Originally Posted by DesparadoIV View Post
God I hope this doesn't ruin the community......
Quote: Originally Posted by Catsmeat View Post
Welcome to my experience with SWTOR since I bought the game (Pre-purchase). Little response in forums. Canned CS ticket replies that didn't help and usually showed the CS paster hadn't even read my issue, CS forum help requests directed to informationless dev posts, etc. It's nothing new. Welcome to the ignored customer club.
1191 posts on their facebook page most of which are all hating this idea.... and yet they still have no clue. pathetic
Quote: Originally Posted by Dellgar View Post
I am not sure if this has been answered. But will the free player be able to join guilds, if so will they be able to go on raids with the guild or will they be blocked? How will we be able to tell if someone is free and who paid
Khajjo'panåkaShahi'palåk Aloo'palak
The Shadowlands

"There is no greater challenge than to change from within. But that is what we all must do to survive"- Former Jedi Grand Master Satele Shan

nakoda
08.02.2012 , 05:28 PM | #780
Quote: Originally Posted by Grammarye View Post
Personally, I'll take the subscription thanks. Anyone foolish enough to fall for clever marketing tricks designed to con you into thinking you're paying nothing whilst quietly bleeding you through microtransactions deserves everything they get
I just want to add that there is just as much hoodwinking and marketing behind your subscription fee as the F2P gimmicks.

But, I digress, and I do not want to be one of those people who say one thing and mean another, so here is a real Gimmick for you...
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello of EA
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.
An Article About F2P