Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing a Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing a Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dacentabaal
08.01.2012 , 06:04 PM | #621
Quote: Originally Posted by Owsley View Post
Instead of coins to buy SWAG, shouldn't CE owners have new exclusive items on the CE vendor? The stuff there now is crap. I've never used it.
I couldnt agree more
█]╬╬╬╬╬╬(۝)ǁ█خ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8

DarthTHC
08.01.2012 , 06:05 PM | #622
Quote: Originally Posted by SupremeLegate View Post
Given how quickly this thread has grown I think we can be sure of at least one thing: Friday's Community Q&A will be delayed then cancelled.
Fixed it for ya.

Jtkjtk
08.01.2012 , 06:10 PM | #623
I dunno, I feel like even with my sub, i wont be able to access content right away. Seems like a bad idea for me as a player, but Bio will proboly benefit as a company.
"I am your master. When I tell you to jump, I expect you to reply, "How high?"."

Threepkilla
08.01.2012 , 06:13 PM | #624
Why won't it let me take up this offer? Everytime I click on the Play Now link, it tells me I'm not elligeble!!
ChurroClan

Comstrike
08.01.2012 , 06:16 PM | #625
Now that the F2P has been announced for this game, I realize several things.

First, the very same things get said in every such situation. Just as with LOTRO, people are saying they were lied too, that the game is a fail, that it is now open to everybody, that the game will thrive, that it will die, and so on.

I won't say I'm not amused at the way people gnash teeth and scream at the sky because this specific game failed to avoid a fate that may be inevitable for all major MMORPGs save WoW. After living through the LOTRO fuss, I'm enjoying the denialists and others who held various views over my head. Can't say I care if they really do leave either. Most I don't wish ill, others I'm enjoying watching them suffer from their own angst. Because for all intensive purposes, this is SWTOR 2.0 now. New people will come, and a different community is going to replace this hype-drugged bunch.

Curiously, I'm almost to a point I can put aside any combative feelings, and simply enjoy the game again.

Thanks EA, it took long enough!
Comstrike
Founder, Leader, Sons Of Numenor & Scions of Koribban| LOTRO - SWTOR - GW2 - STO - World of Tanks | GalacticHolonetNews

Jtkjtk
08.01.2012 , 06:16 PM | #626
Concerning Server Lag & Spammers. Why not just make all of the current servers Sub only? That way when all the F2Pers come in, they wont crowd us up?
"I am your master. When I tell you to jump, I expect you to reply, "How high?"."

opexus
08.01.2012 , 06:21 PM | #627
The game was first officially announced in an October 30, 2007 press release. 5 years production and under one year game time. As far as waiting round to see what EA dose with F2P I am not holding my breath.
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

Metacross
08.01.2012 , 06:30 PM | #628
Its such a shame for us to part There are many other ways to grow $$ bioware .. as an example . Payment options... you only have 3 thats bs , i mean LEARN FROM WoW at least ..... .Youve killed swtor Gratz actually a huge number of players are unsubscribing. If that's your objective youre doing it AWSOME .You dont even see the sugestion box. also you take decisions without asking acutal players . Really?! this is a BIG FAIL Laid off the men that make this decision please.

dacentabaal
08.01.2012 , 06:34 PM | #629
Quote: Originally Posted by deathlash View Post
really we can pay for expansions with the cartel coin system i don't think that will happen we better not have to pay for updates and patches and crap if so that will kill this game for me
I completely agree ith you, with all teh messing aroudn BW/EA have done id expect expansions/future patches to be free expecially if you r a subbed player when the F2P option comes in. I men afterall our subs are paying for them to work on new material... so why should we have to pay for it when we already have been in teh first place
█]╬╬╬╬╬╬(۝)ǁ█خ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8

aristein
08.01.2012 , 06:48 PM | #630
I am absolutely floored! Has the subscriptions fallen so low that their only option is f2p? That is a game killer for any quality game. Damn, been looking for a mmo to play for years and I finally found one and it is over before it begins .
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson