Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing a Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing a Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

davidtobin
08.01.2012 , 02:14 AM | #381
If they only listened to people who stay TOR would be closed in the near future. There needs to be a balance between both existing subscribers and those who have left. We need to be realistic - this is a business and if BW only listen to those remaining there'll be no money for updates or to keep the game running.

To be fair, my initial impression of the F2P model is promising. I'm hopeful they'll do this properly.

ZIMMOZMAN
08.01.2012 , 02:18 AM | #382
Quote: Originally Posted by Oggthebase View Post
Bioware,

STOP listening to people who leave, listen to people who stay.

We don't want to read your babble about how excited you are about 'new ways to making people come and play SWTOR", and "how much fun your team is having working on the new model". It's pure rancor crap.
You downsized your team twice, and you expect them to be happy?

I don't want a new payment model. I want new content.

Patch 1.1 was out 1 month after release, I was favorably impressed.
Patch 1.2 was out 2 months after 1.1, I was kinda meh.
Patch 1.3 was out 3 months after 1.3, with no new content, and I was disappointed.
Now you announce a new payment model but nothing about 1.4.

More story content, more often.

Bioware, listen to the people WHO STAY. Not the leavers.
yes don't listen to the people who don't play the game any more and have left listen to the people that have stayed and supported this game from the start
do we all have to leave this game before any of our voices are heard. If you worried about the people that stay and still play the game and give them what they want more people will come and so many wouldn't leave. Your only going to have the same problem next year people will play til lvl 50 then stop and not play again because the end game not worth paying for........
40% said they will come back if it went f2p what about the other 60% that have left you know the reason everyone posts on the forums just listen to your fans the people that have paid and played the game since it was released
I FEEL A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE

Ginjow
08.01.2012 , 02:19 AM | #383
bye bye Bioware/SWTOR

darkkaine
08.01.2012 , 02:20 AM | #384
This is ********...
{{{{OBSIDIANUZKHUL}}}}
Galactic Republic
Spanish Guild

Matty_DraX
08.01.2012 , 02:24 AM | #385
I do like the idea and the concept behind this BioWare. However, this really only tackles 1 problem. Having the F2P till level 50 is really not in my personal opinion a good idea. It should have been capped to say level 30. The other problem if you are going to 50 and you limit the F2P players to some aspects of the game is how will adding more population to a server that desperately needs it but then limit them, solve the population problem. The amount of times now that Heroic missions or any group missions are great is pointless, as you can never get a group on the planet you need them for. I think personally the biggest error this game faced was not doing a world-wide launch, you left countries out by months which when they began, other countries had already finished or grown tired.

And in regards to benefiting the current subscribers, Australia (where i'm from in case anyone was wondering) was never offered a Collector's Edition. This makes it somewhat unfair to benefit them over someone who purchased a Digital Deluxe or standard. I would have been happy to purchase the Collector's Edition and receive the rewards, but it was never offered, not even on an upgrade level like the Digital Deluxe had been.

You have created a world online game, but really only benefit the USA. Thats just my opinion. Should have made it fair on everyone. But good luck with the new movement, I love the game. Just wish you also didn't have to take the server down twice to almost 3 times a week for maintenance.

-DraX.

Crosswinder
08.01.2012 , 02:25 AM | #386
bb, swtor, ea and bioware.

Calroon
08.01.2012 , 02:25 AM | #387
Quote:
To that end, I am proud to say that we have a lot of great new content coming your way, and that it will be coming more frequently
More frequuently, sure.
Already noticed that you're missing half your team by now? LOL!
Really should stop lying to the few fans you've got left out there.

Nagadeath
08.01.2012 , 02:36 AM | #388
Quote: Originally Posted by Calroon View Post
More frequuently, sure.
Already noticed that you're missing half your team by now? LOL!
Really should stop lying to the few fans you've got left out there.
keep in mind they used that same line before saying we would get "more frequent" updates after 1.2 was done.

Leira_Kheren
08.01.2012 , 02:42 AM | #389
yay, cancelled my sub now. I have said at the time of the lvl 15 f2p and will stay to it. swtor goes f2p, I go find something other to play. I'm interested in following your sub numbers, just to see you either losing way much more or just that you math all f2p guys in your numbers and show a huge gain.. will be hillarous

Saitada
08.01.2012 , 02:48 AM | #390
I've looked over the information and noticed something that bothers me some. Collectors Edition buyers get 1000 cartel points, but Deluxe Edition buyers like me, get exactly squat. We paid more for our game then standard edition buyers and though I would have liked to purchase a CE, my finances determined that I had to go one step lower, to a DE purchase.

I would suggest that CE buyers get 1000 coins as they listed and that DE buyers get 500 coins. We did after all purchase a more expensive edition and it would seem to me to be only fair that we also get an additional compensation as the CE buyers get, though not as much as they get as obviously we didn't pay as much as they did.

I would like to see BW remember that they had THREE game purchase types at launch and stop forgetting those of us who may not have had the money to throw at a CE, but still tried to show BW that we supported them by purchasing the option we could afford.

~S