Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing a Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing a Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Metalmac
08.21.2012 , 02:30 PM | #1141
They can not fix SERVER LAG while we pay for it, so when FREE TO PLAY arrives the lag will be insane for paying customers!

Nectron
08.21.2012 , 02:39 PM | #1142
OK im done with this game ... ! Free to Play just get to mutch children in the game. Good Work People !

SidneyFault
08.21.2012 , 05:23 PM | #1143
Quote: Originally Posted by Leeaustin View Post
If U wanna see what free to play does to a game check out STO (Star trek online) when we were paying there were talk about more content etc.

As so as f2p came everything stopped and it turned into a store game i.e go to the ingame shop use real money to by crap for the game.

They have just brought out season 6 with guild starbases and 54 new ships, thats about all f2p does.

As so as people stop paying the developers dont have a reason to keep making content.

I bet you that when F2P hits no more content or it will take for ever to get anything!!!!!!

Disappointed
My feelings exactly!!!!!!! this is no different than Sony destroying Galaxies, or perfect world destroying STO. This does not save games it drives the dedicated players away and only proves that EA is nothing but greedy clowns trying to milk this for all its worth before the walls come crashing down.
May the 4th be with you!!!!!

LordGhostKilla
08.21.2012 , 06:05 PM | #1144
I hope u will be able to still buy the 2 month cards to play that would suck if they changed that to where u can only pay with credit cards
DGAF Mulisha

Tribusici
08.21.2012 , 09:06 PM | #1145
Sounds epic. I'm a little cautious because I don't want SWTOR to go under because of this decision but as long as they play their cards right, This game will do excellent. I'm hoping this game will last for years and years to come. I would support it all the way.
--There is only the Force

Yoda-Sempai
08.21.2012 , 11:24 PM | #1146
The most exciting thing about SWTOR from the beginning for me was the Class Stories... I got bored of grinding the same freaking side quests for every character whose story I wanted to experience.

If there was a Legacy feature that enabled you to gain enough experience from Class quests such that you only had to do a little PvP and side questing (say 20% of the original demand) then I would have stayed in the game.

As it is, I lost interest a LONG time ago because I got bored. I've had my subscription just sitting for nothing because I paid for 6-months. How sad is that.
|()██████████████████████████████)
Sains of the Old Republic - A Christian Republic Guild

MA-Kroy
08.22.2012 , 11:59 AM | #1147
Quote:
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge.
Quote:
http://www.swtor-life.com/video/the-...nterview/7112/ wrote:
What (if anything) will subscribers have to pay for after F2P launches?

I wish I had a solid answer for you on that. We’re still in discussion about some of the larger content updates that we’re planning. Great example is the planet Makeb. We’ve talked about Makeb, we have a lot of plans around Makeb. I wish I could give you more details, but I can tell you that I think the playerbase is going to be really, really pleased. More story content. New and interesting things for the players to do. More systems and interesting functions in the game … I can’t go into a lot of detail, but around things like that … This is a pretty big piece (of content). It is probably all that I can say. It is definitely still for discussion whether we sell that to the subscriber or the subscriber gets that for free because it is a big beefy chunk of content.
What's it going to be EA? Eh? Cmon. Make your mind up and do it quick. Put this to rest. You can't have your new Executive Producer contradicting himself within the month... that's just insane. Sort it out already and put this one to rest before you kill what remaining goodwill you have left from regular subscribers.

PinnPanelle
08.22.2012 , 06:10 PM | #1148
I don't think many people realize that 'fluff' is defined by developers as 'content'.

Leematon
08.23.2012 , 03:49 AM | #1149
Looking forward to the Cartel goodies. I'm only making slow progress through the game (I currently have 2 characters level 22 and 19), but I've been a loyal subscriber since early access and would like to see stuff bought from the Cartel give subscribers a clear advantage over F2Pers.

njcygnus
08.23.2012 , 10:04 AM | #1150
I agree with the disappointed responses. I understood when they opened it to free to play up to 15 but since I mainly like the storylines the subscription will no longer be worth it. What is really disappointing, and I would hope they would reconsider, is locking those of us who renewed on a 6 month basis prior to this change into that commitment. In my opinion you are changing the terms of that contract and it is not in good faith to not offer us a credit for the months that remain after the game goes free to 50. I just got off the phone with customer service and they said we would not be given a credit option…very poor form. I will be canceling both of my accounts and reverting to free to play.