Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing a Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing a Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheProthean
08.09.2012 , 01:53 PM | #1041
I like EGGS

SupremeLegate
08.09.2012 , 01:58 PM | #1042
Quote: Originally Posted by kimdante View Post
Well because a lot of the gear is class/spec specific just limit who can roll need on what. It's a simple coding implementation - a plethora of if/then statements I would think. That would solve most of it. There is no reason why Bounty Hunters should have the ability to roll need on heavy armor which boosts Strength, etc.
Oh, I see. Slight misunderstanding on my part. But I don't think it would be as simple as that, but it's still a valid complaint.

kimdante
08.09.2012 , 02:26 PM | #1043
I'd pay for a subscription if it gave me access to a beauty shop, name changer, or unlocked additional exclusive races to payers only such as the Togruta or Cathar.

shegoy
08.09.2012 , 03:38 PM | #1044
The bottom line is no matter how you want to dress this up it is EA that will cross the line there starting to do it with all their online games EA itself is endorsing more and more F2P games especially browser games for example

Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances , Battlefield Play 4 Free etc

now those games are understandably made purely on a F2P model however EA have been forcing this model onto some if not all of their other On-line titles especially BF3 where its almost Pay to win purchasing the game and paying for expansions was not enough now you are basically forced to pay another 30-40 on premium membership with loads of perks that put you at an advantage if you can afford it not to mention you bypass all the hard work required to unlock items if you can afford to it's a joke.

What should make us think EA will break the mould exclusively for SWTOR?
The Watchers In The Dark ( Empire, The Red Eclipse)
EvilPaddy: Sorcerer Healer
Viagrus: Operative Healer
Arsonist: Powertech DPS

Lankybrit
08.09.2012 , 04:54 PM | #1045
It says 'Starting in the Fall'.

When is 'The Fall'?

Cheers.

Stryklone
08.09.2012 , 05:04 PM | #1046
Quote: Originally Posted by Lankybrit View Post

When is 'The Fall'?

Cheers.
Either September through November (Northern Hemisphere) or March through May (Southern Hemisphere).

"Fall" lets them be quite vague.
CzErkA Corporation

Coincidence?

MadBlue
08.09.2012 , 05:55 PM | #1047
Quote: Originally Posted by Lankybrit View Post

When is 'The Fall'?
EA announced that it's coming in November.

Flameybeard
08.09.2012 , 07:49 PM | #1048
I like the idea f2p

Aslong old and new bugs keep getting fixed and wz cheaters being adressed.

DoctorBeckett
08.09.2012 , 07:59 PM | #1049
Here's a stupid question from an MMO n00bie.... why are subscriptions falling? Why is everyone leaving? Is it mainly complaints from the PVP side? Or the PVE side? Or is it because it isn't like WOW (I don't play it, so i don't know what's so special about that...)

Can someone point me towards the reasons? This is NOT a Bioware fanboi post. I'm genuinely interested...

I like the game. I've played since Beta and I've seen ALOT of improvements...

Here's another question.... Everyone is so looking forward to GW2... What if they have the same problems as SWTOR and doesn't perform to expectations? then what? Is everyone going to crab about GW2 also?
For free stuff...
Are you looking for an endgame guild on the Harbinger server? Join <Hawke's Flight>(Imp side) and <Hawke's Nest> (Pub side). Pub/Imp sides.
PST Hawketank (Imp) or HawkeSent (Pub) or PM me here for invite.

Montesano
08.09.2012 , 08:31 PM | #1050
Thanks the announcement of free to play has all but killed my guild.
I don't understand how you just don't get it..maybe you need someone like me to come in and give some advice!
I Sense much Fear in you! (▀!Ξ[▀!▀(Θ)▀!▀]Ξ██████████████)