Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The sound of Vital Shot

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The sound of Vital Shot

Veniras
07.31.2012 , 02:55 PM | #1
Whenever you shoot "Vital Shot" there is "bang [pause] bang"-sound.

What is the animation mechanic behind this extra bang-sound? There is no proc to consider, it happens everytime and I doubt its a reload sound. Any rational (game or non-game mechanic) explanation?

LilTsar
08.01.2012 , 12:52 AM | #2
if youre a gunslinger then you'll use both blasters for vital shot. if you're a scoundrel i have no idea what you're talking about.
The Shadowlands: The Further Legacy
Brunch, Cowpunk, Hansky, Indiga,
Swashbuckle, Sharu, Monky & Gettinsmashed

Veniras
08.01.2012 , 05:33 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by LilTsar View Post
if youre a gunslinger then you'll use both blasters for vital shot. if you're a scoundrel i have no idea what you're talking about.
That might be the reason. A sound FX designed for gunslingers and dualwield. We scoundrels just get confused by it.

Raltar
08.01.2012 , 01:23 PM | #4
As a scoundrel, I have the same issue. It's really odd to hear two shots, but only shoot once.

Shlamorel
08.01.2012 , 01:33 PM | #5
I've never heard two "bangs" or "pops" when I use Vital Shot on my scoundrel (level 48).

Is this sound happening to everyone else? Now I'm the weirdo for not hearing 2 shots :P
Shlamorel Sta'raeth - Jedi Seer
Dragonbrand
------------
I vow to try and respond in a constructive and positive manner

Raltar
08.01.2012 , 01:47 PM | #6
I'll hear the initial shot and then there is a pause before I hear the other shot before the GCD is up, so I know it isn't a different ability. But there is certainly two different sounds.

Catalan
08.01.2012 , 05:54 PM | #7
Yes, there are definitely 2 gunshot sounds with Vital Shot now.

TBH I don't really care, they have bigger and better things to fix than a cosmetic noise.
Many Bothans died to bring you that information.

Veniras
08.02.2012 , 04:21 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Catalan View Post
TBH I don't really care, they have bigger and better things to fix than a cosmetic noise.
I'm not complaining. I just wondered if there was a specific reason.
Now I have to level a 'slinger just to see if the dual-wield animation corresponds to the sound

Stenrik
08.05.2012 , 01:27 AM | #9
I really don't like it. It confused me when I first noticed it not too long ago, and it's still off-putting and "clunky."

What I hate about it is if I'm dirty fighting and dotting everyone up successively in a warzone, it can get kind of confusing (was that the sound of the second shot, or my first one?) Not a huge issue but it's still annoying for sure.

Wish they'd fix it for us single-wielders...

Miorum
08.08.2012 , 05:04 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Catalan View Post
"Oh!" said the Developers "But we can't have Scoundrels giggling like schoolgirls all the time! That's something only Vanguards should do!"

And then they removed the Scoundrel Giggle.

The End.
Miorum Dustmoore - Scoundrel
I'll only play "Sawbones" if I can take and sell your kidneys.