Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] The Watchmen and Combat PvE basics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
[Guide] The Watchmen and Combat PvE basics

BlznSmri
01.02.2013 , 11:12 PM | #111
Torhead's borked atm, included additional links to another talent calc in the original post.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

IAmViiOLENT
01.03.2013 , 11:12 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Omophorus View Post
This is the ideal order for the non-Master Strike/Ravage burst window, provided that you have low latency and good reflexes (and minimal wasted time with GCD sitting up). It can be tricky to execute, but provides the best overall DPS if done right.

This order permits a 3rd Blade Storm/Force Scream per two burst windows. It doesn't benefit from 100% ArPen, but it still hits harder(with forced crit) than Blade Rush/Massacre for the same resource cost.

The caveat is that this Blade Storm/Scream *must* be used immediately upon the skill coming off CD after the burst window, to avoid delaying the next MS/Ravage burst window.

Done right, you are optimizing your damage per resource and damage per GCD (as Storm/Scream with forced crit is your best DPR and DPGCD besides MS/Ravage)
I've been doing this the last few weeks of carnage play as I had done it on accident and realized the difference. I can confidently hit gore>fs>Massx3> etc etc> FS at CD> gore>ravage>scream now every rotation and it is a pretty good size DPS increase. It comes out to 6 screams per minute, rather than 4, and even without gore window up its still your 2nd highest DPGCD ability behind ravage as you said. Overall, close to 50 dps increase as its a cheap 2 rage ability for 4 fury as well.

etcc
01.03.2013 , 01:48 PM | #113
So this is a great guide for this class and this is the only class that I play as a level 50. I have a set of pvp gear and pve gear and have a quick question regarding accuracy running combat spec for pve. I currently run BH gear optimized with dread guard belt, bracers and hilts. (A couple other 27's as well) Following the traditional 30% crit 75% surge and stacking strength with a little power I have come down to accuracy. As a watchman i was running 99.89% and was trying to get one more piece to get me above 100% but as a combat senty my accuracy gets buffed up to just under 107% i think. Now my question is that I have been told by a few that run combat that having between 105 and 110% acc is important to combat. Is this true? Am I wasting bh coms/credits on accuracy? I did notice a 150-200dps increase when I switched to combat with the added accuracy but I want to make sure I'm not wasting stats.
Kordeed
Head Warden
Sky Wardens

BlznSmri
01.03.2013 , 04:29 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by etcc View Post
So this is a great guide for this class and this is the only class that I play as a level 50. I have a set of pvp gear and pve gear and have a quick question regarding accuracy running combat spec for pve. I currently run BH gear optimized with dread guard belt, bracers and hilts. (A couple other 27's as well) Following the traditional 30% crit 75% surge and stacking strength with a little power I have come down to accuracy. As a watchman i was running 99.89% and was trying to get one more piece to get me above 100% but as a combat senty my accuracy gets buffed up to just under 107% i think. Now my question is that I have been told by a few that run combat that having between 105 and 110% acc is important to combat. Is this true? Am I wasting bh coms/credits on accuracy? I did notice a 150-200dps increase when I switched to combat with the added accuracy but I want to make sure I'm not wasting stats.
From what I've read the "Optimal" amount of Accuracy for Combat is like 102% Melee Accuracy (this is based off Sims), all other enhancements after that should be Surge. If you're going to be switching back and forth from Watchmen to Combat regularly, I'd say get 2 or the 3 extra pieces of gear to swap out, one for each set.
APOSTATES

Missandei
01.11.2013 , 09:45 AM | #115
Thanks for the Guide.
As a rookie Sentinel i found it most useful.
Currently Im a level 23 and already overwhelmed by the number of Damage abilities the class provides.
No other class is so Keyboard-Consuming on Damage.. lol..

Though i would disagree on the Focus part.
I think the Focus is ideal for leveling because of its AOE capabilities. The whole PvE leveling is consists of encounters with mobs packs of 4-5..
sweep-smash - half of mobs are dead..
And more important - (from the brief inspection) the points spend on Focus in 10-30 lvl bracket are providing more benefits than the other two trees....
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

BlznSmri
01.11.2013 , 03:07 PM | #116
Well yeah, Focus does have it's benefits, it's just that outside of leveling, 2 current tier fights, and PvP, Focus just isn't comparable to Watchmen or Combat, with it usually doing 100-200 dps less than either.

I am thinking of expanding my guide though, might do some leveling tips as I level a Marauder, but we'll have to see, currently leveling a Slinger to get the final class buff....
APOSTATES

IAmViiOLENT
01.12.2013 , 02:30 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by BlznSmri View Post
Well yeah, Focus does have it's benefits, it's just that outside of leveling, 2 current tier fights, and PvP, Focus just isn't comparable to Watchmen or Combat, with it usually doing 100-200 dps less than either.

I am thinking of expanding my guide though, might do some leveling tips as I level a Marauder, but we'll have to see, currently leveling a Slinger to get the final class buff....
Surprisingly, we have a mara on our server that runs smash spec for pve, he posted up a 2k parse a while back. I was pretty surprised, I didn't think it could even get that high lol. I suppose that is still 200 behind seeing as carnage tends to be able to hit up to and upwards of 2.2k though lol.

BlznSmri
01.12.2013 , 05:45 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by IAmViiOLENT View Post
Surprisingly, we have a mara on our server that runs smash spec for pve, he posted up a 2k parse a while back. I was pretty surprised, I didn't think it could even get that high lol. I suppose that is still 200 behind seeing as carnage tends to be able to hit up to and upwards of 2.2k though lol.
Do you have a name so I can see said parse?
APOSTATES

Ashvanale
01.13.2013 , 08:05 AM | #119
I for one love combat spec and yes its a bit tricky with my latency but i make it work.

Quick question any specific stats i should pursue? Other than strenght, also im trying to go for the cheaper blue augments as i really dont see spending 1.4m credits on 20 additional power/endurance

BlznSmri
01.13.2013 , 09:15 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashvanale View Post
I for one love combat spec and yes its a bit tricky with my latency but i make it work.

Quick question any specific stats i should pursue? Other than strenght, also im trying to go for the cheaper blue augments as i really dont see spending 1.4m credits on 20 additional power/endurance
Get the Might Augment 21's, cheaper kits, cheaper augmenting, only a 14 endurance difference total.
APOSTATES