Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] The Watchmen and Combat PvE basics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
[Guide] The Watchmen and Combat PvE basics

HemiHilliard
12.15.2012 , 09:29 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Moedin View Post
Focus PvE Build

I am only lvl 40 right now. Wanted to give it a go with Focus, what you think? I need something with leveling livability because I find single targets a bore and groups get me good. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I like what Focus has to offer, wasn't sure if I should skip out on Force Exhaustion till later and go with the 3% Accuracy early... trying to figure my self out.

Also, did stat priority change for 1.6? I'm also trying to get my gear in order (been outta the game since Feb )

+1 for sticky!
I'm lvl 37 watchmen and not having any problems with mobs. I either tear them down real quick with Kira or stay pretty much fully healed with doc. I've been told watchmen has the most survivalibilty for PVE and still has good dps. I'm enjoying it at least.

BlznSmri
12.17.2012 , 01:40 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Moedin View Post
Focus PvE Build

I am only lvl 40 right now. Wanted to give it a go with Focus, what you think? I need something with leveling livability because I find single targets a bore and groups get me good. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I like what Focus has to offer, wasn't sure if I should skip out on Force Exhaustion till later and go with the 3% Accuracy early... trying to figure my self out.

Also, did stat priority change for 1.6? I'm also trying to get my gear in order (been outta the game since Feb )

+1 for sticky!
Focus doesn't really leave much room for mistakes in making their PvE build so you're on the right track, that said, I don't recommend Focus for anything outside of dailies, the damage potential isn't the same and the rotation is just clunky compared to Watchmen and Combat.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

DelphinHunter
12.21.2012 , 07:32 PM | #103
I thought this was a sticky ??????
_____Bloodhawk , Jedi Knight of the Republic, Sentinel, Founder.____
_________The Force will be with you...always _________

Karyth
12.23.2012 , 11:12 AM | #104
I'm probably gonna get the idiot label for this but...
I just hit 50 with combat spec and I am applying the same principle to my sentinel as I did on my guardian. I stack accuracy, power, and surge, don't worry about stacking crit, the abilities you need to crit with have an auto crit proc. Using this on my guardian has served me well in ops and hm flashpoints, he is a beast. Thus far with my sentinel, applying this stat system, my sentinel is also a freaking monster, the mobs run in terror. Just throwing my 2 cents in, some of you might want to try this and see how it fairs for you.

Reminder: this is in combat spec only, it is my understanding that this would definitely NOT apply to watchman because the burn abilities are VERY crit reliant and dont have many auto crits.

arkitip
12.24.2012 , 07:56 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Karyth View Post
I'm probably gonna get the idiot label for this but...
I just hit 50 with combat spec and I am applying the same principle to my sentinel as I did on my guardian. I stack accuracy, power, and surge, don't worry about stacking crit, the abilities you need to crit with have an auto crit proc. Using this on my guardian has served me well in ops and hm flashpoints, he is a beast. Thus far with my sentinel, applying this stat system, my sentinel is also a freaking monster, the mobs run in terror. Just throwing my 2 cents in, some of you might want to try this and see how it fairs for you.

Reminder: this is in combat spec only, it is my understanding that this would definitely NOT apply to watchman because the burn abilities are VERY crit reliant and dont have many auto crits.
You only have 1 auto crit ability in Combat spec and it's not even your heaviest hitter. I can't stress this enough, there is not a single dps spec in the game that should ignore crit rating outright. The returns on 125-150 crit rating are enormous and EVERYONE aside from tanks should grab at least that much.

BlznSmri
12.25.2012 , 08:12 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by arkitip View Post
You only have 1 auto crit ability in Combat spec and it's not even your heaviest hitter. I can't stress this enough, there is not a single dps spec in the game that should ignore crit rating outright. The returns on 125-150 crit rating are enormous and EVERYONE aside from tanks should grab at least that much.
Pretty much what this guy said.

Crit, while unnecessary if you're looking purely at the talents, is a DPS gain up until the DR Curve becomes really steep (after 328 rating).
APOSTATES

Omophorus
12.25.2012 , 10:31 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by BlznSmri View Post
I personally still prefer to do a PS cycle of;
BR > PS > Blade Storm > BRx2-3
but I haven't played around with the other cycles just yet.
This is the ideal order for the non-Master Strike/Ravage burst window, provided that you have low latency and good reflexes (and minimal wasted time with GCD sitting up). It can be tricky to execute, but provides the best overall DPS if done right.

This order permits a 3rd Blade Storm/Force Scream per two burst windows. It doesn't benefit from 100% ArPen, but it still hits harder(with forced crit) than Blade Rush/Massacre for the same resource cost.

The caveat is that this Blade Storm/Scream *must* be used immediately upon the skill coming off CD after the burst window, to avoid delaying the next MS/Ravage burst window.

Done right, you are optimizing your damage per resource and damage per GCD (as Storm/Scream with forced crit is your best DPR and DPGCD besides MS/Ravage)

jedimasterjac
12.31.2012 , 02:53 AM | #108
Would doing aFocys/Combat hybrid be a good idea for a OvE/PvP balance?
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.

BlznSmri
12.31.2012 , 03:33 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
Would doing aFocys/Combat hybrid be a good idea for a OvE/PvP balance?
PvP isn't my forte so I really can't tell you. Though I do tend to stay away from Hybrid builds since Full Watchmen/ Combat out dps pretty much every Hybrid build I've seen.

In my opinion, with respecs being free for subscribers, if you're going to do PvE, spec full PvE, if you're going to PvP, spec full PvP, you'll already need two different sets of gear to be viable in either.
APOSTATES

jedimasterjac
12.31.2012 , 03:47 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by BlznSmri View Post
PvP isn't my forte so I really can't tell you. Though I do tend to stay away from Hybrid builds since Full Watchmen/ Combat out dps pretty much every Hybrid build I've seen.

In my opinion, with respecs being free for subscribers, if you're going to do PvE, spec full PvE, if you're going to PvP, spec full PvP, you'll already need two different sets of gear to be viable in either.
Alright, I'll be going Combat, then.
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.