Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official F2P Announcement

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kigr
07.31.2012 , 03:48 PM | #521
Our game will be there for 30 years they said...
Yeah right, i was loyal customer bought the game and subscribed since the begining... and EA fks me in the a ss. Thanks a lot. You can stuff yourself with those credits i cant even sell -.-

DahLliA
07.31.2012 , 03:48 PM | #522
"For $15 a month, Premium Players will receive comprehensive access to the
game plus monthly infusions of in-game currency which can be used for boosts, customization
and for moving more quickly through each level."

That might be the dealbreaker for me. If those 150 coins a month aren't enough for the stuff I'll want/need I'm gone.

That of course is assuming I can get enough of an exp-boost to level almost solely by class-quests seeing as the other 90% of the levelling experience will most likely suck even more from now on.

Source: http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...ript_FINAL.pdf

KawadaShogox
07.31.2012 , 03:49 PM | #523
I have to say, For those of you saying there is still hope and that you LOVE the direction the game is going in, I'd love to have you on my side as a soldier of war. No matter what we'll make it through right???

You're in Denial. The same people that sat in this forum FIRM that this title would NEVER EVER go Free to Play.....Now What? After This article and that article saying it wouldn't, now what?? The truth is....There is no truth with this company. That's the truth. For every situation that has come up here there have been some heavy duty Bioware/EA Apologist as if they can do no wrong. Now after you've paid your dues for months and stuck by them, they show their thanks by going F2P after 8 months and handing you some "Cartel Tokens"....There ya go idiot....buy yourself a dancing Jawa *Pats you on the back*

When is enough enough?

Then they call the sub you've BEEN paying for a "Premium Subscription" Ohhh wow! You get to put up as many sales on the GTN as you want! You and your big boy account! You can even use quick travel! *Facepalm* It's a smack in the face to call my account a premium account when nothing changes for me. Cartel Coins aren't worth the slow ***** server bandwith load time they're carried on. Eff off Bioware'

Shingara
07.31.2012 , 03:49 PM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by LaVolpex View Post
what the hell does that have to do with your quote? were saying let there be servers for SUB based players/characters only, so that legacy/paying customers that DONT want to group/deal with freebie community dont have to, only then can yall feed me the line "nothing changes for you if you are a paying customer"

has nothing to do with IP 's , it would be an account thingy
because it was what about the people who are banned and then just creating a new account. also look -> http://www.swtor.com/free/features
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

SnakeCL
07.31.2012 , 03:50 PM | #525
Quote: Originally Posted by JefferyClark View Post
This is what is going on in STO too. Everything "new/cool" goes into the cash shop because then it earns them more money.
The thing is, in STO, you can buy things from the cash-shop with in-game assets...
Eihnar Sahkan Alea Iacta Est Jedi Covenant

AidenCast
07.31.2012 , 03:51 PM | #526
Quote: Originally Posted by DahLliA View Post
That might be the dealbreaker for me. If those 150 coins a month aren't enough for the stuff I'll want/need I'm gone.
I imagine they will have a similar purchasing power to the free 500 points lifetime and subscribers get in Lotro, i.e. next to nothing.
Cancelled 1/8/12
RIP TOR - Another casualty of F2P

cologator
07.31.2012 , 03:53 PM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by AidenCast View Post
I imagine they will have a similar purchasing power to the free 500 points lifetime and subscribers get in Lotro next to nothing.
i could grind more then 500 tp in a week in lotro if i wanted ...lolz

gonzoo
07.31.2012 , 03:54 PM | #528
The whole Genre is going F2P. The only ones who can get away with pure subscription is those who have established members who will pay to keep what they have accomplished. I'm glad that they went the way of player choice. I can see the viability of paying for the sub and for the F2P model (as long as they stay away from the P2W model, thats Pay 2 Win for those who don't know.). All in all it's only going to help the game.
Eternal Empire
Current Guild Leader
Brasi

Holden_Dissent
07.31.2012 , 03:55 PM | #529
Quote: Originally Posted by Slant_DK View Post
Hahaha.

@Bioware: We told ya. You didn't listen. This is what happens when you ignore the fanbase. You've become a fallen angel, going from masterpieces like BG2 to this... how does it feel at your personal all time low? Time to get back to the roots, buddies.

@Every other gaming company: Make a deal with EA, and you die. I hope you're taking notes, this is the prime example.

Peace, I'm out. Have been for 5 months, actually. Just had to get back to say this. Sorry to all the players that still play here, don't take this personally.
Apparently they DID listen to their fanbase. 40% of the people who cancelled wanted F2P.

JefferyClark
07.31.2012 , 03:55 PM | #530
Quote: Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
I will end this conversation with a we will see.
Umm, we have seen. They promised monthly content after 1.2. We got zilch until 1.3 and zilch since then.
Jeffinas (Guardian)
Exceptional Legion
Prophecy of the Five