Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official F2P Announcement

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Toogeloo
07.31.2012 , 03:33 PM | #501
In all seriousness... in a couple months this game is simply going to be an online single player PvE game. Anyone who pays 15 dollars a month to do a couple raids a week and PvP more than what you are allotted for free is a sucker.

DuckKing
07.31.2012 , 03:33 PM | #502
Bhahahaha!

When I said this game was doing horrible, people doubted me.
When I said this game needed more content survive, people doubted me.
When I said "it's only a matter of time before this abomination of an MMO will go "Free to Play", people doubted me.
When I unsubbed from SWTOR, I happily knocked myself out the door for you guys.
I have 16 days of play time left and I never plan on re-subbing again.

You guys did not want to heed my warnings, calling me a "false prophet". The only thing I have left to say on this is... enjoy your sinking ship.

AllisonBerryman
07.31.2012 , 03:35 PM | #503 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by CorellianWannabe View Post
What restrictions exactly? What does travel restriction mean? No quick travel, no taxis, no speeders? What is the credit ceiling? 10k? 50k? 100k? How many character slots? Just one? Two?
We'll have more specifics about the restrictions as we approach the launch of the free to play option - for now the FAQ and www.swtor.com/free have as many details as we can provide for the moment. Thanks for your patience!

islander
07.31.2012 , 03:36 PM | #504
and now, the grossly overhyped train arrives at the GW2 station.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

kharnoss
07.31.2012 , 03:37 PM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by DuckKing View Post
Bhahahaha!

When I said this game was doing horrible, people doubted me.
When I said this game needed more content survive, people doubted me.
When I said "it's only a matter of time before this abomination of an MMO will go "Free to Play", people doubted me.
When I unsubbed from SWTOR, I happily knocked myself out the door for you guys.
I have 16 days of play time left and I never plan on re-subbing again.

You guys did not want to heed my warnings, calling me a "false prophet". The only thing I have left to say on this is... enjoy your sinking ship.
*Nobody cares* Can you look into your crystal ball and see if I will ever care about you leaving. Thanks.

ProsaicProse
07.31.2012 , 03:38 PM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by LetoAtreidesII View Post
Even though I find LOTRO's storytelling more enjoyable than that of most MMO's, it is still fairly similar to generic WoW-clone MMO's. The same applies to most F2P MMO's out there. SWTOR is different. The experience is comparable to that of other Bioware single player RPG's. It's like they're giving away BG1&2, Jade Empire, KOTOR, Dragon Age Origins, and the Mass Effect trilogy for free. The only thing that really sets SWTOR apart from other MMO's is Bioware's stock-in-trade RPG story tellling. That is the part that presumably cost most of the $300 million budget and development time. That is the part they are giving away completely for free.
All that voice work and RPG style storytelling that brought people and kept them engaged in the game will probably be the first thing on the chopping block as it's probably going to be unsustainable in a f2p game. The one thing I noticed with all the f2p games I tried was the mediocre quality I witnessed; I can't imagine any of them putting out the sort of stuff we are (were?) used to in SWTOR.

ProphetX
07.31.2012 , 03:38 PM | #507
The problem with Free to Play is its EA , voted the worst , most hated video game company in America . There was once an April Fools Joke in EGM that they were adding the air for the footballs as a DLC in Madden .

NO one trusts EA , and no one believes they will handle free to play the right way . They will completely destroy this game to get an extra $ 5 , $10 , $20 , $30 , $40 , $50 a month out of you and laugh all the way to the bank .

This is a company that releases games then the same day charges $20 for a DLC , that SHOULD have been included with the game .

Sorry , but I just can't trust EA with a cash shop .
Order of Darkness

sadatoni
07.31.2012 , 03:38 PM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by Daethorz View Post
Well, If they stay away from P2W crap it might work.
But the second they cross over to P2W this game instantly becomes the worst mmo on the market.
I hate P2W. It's why I quit playing World of Tanks.

AidenCast
07.31.2012 , 03:38 PM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
and now, the grossly overhyped train arrives at the GW2 station.
I'd have to agree from playing the open beta weekends not a bad game at all, but not all that it was hyped up to be in my opinion. At least with GW2 you know what you are getting when you buy at launch I guess. (Before any PvPers jump up and down on me I'm talking about from a PvE point of view, I didn't do any PvP on weekends). Apparently the PvP is good in some way.
Cancelled 1/8/12
RIP TOR - Another casualty of F2P

Painstarr
07.31.2012 , 03:39 PM | #510
ok i have some questions not covered.

1. Will we get any new content before we go F2P?

2. Cash shop items will be cosmetic or items with real stats?

3 Being a current subscriber will we have a special vendor to we was here before the game went F2P?

4. Will we be able to you customize our ships with paint, markings, battle damage or guild markings?

5. What will happen with the guild capital ship we where told we was getting?

6. Will we all be moved to a "mega" server so that we will have more folks to play with?

Sure you are getting your butts crewed on right now BW but you're gonna have to give us a game plan on what we will get before you launch the F2P model to make it worth us hanging on until then.