Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official F2P Announcement

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Blattan
07.31.2012 , 02:29 PM | #291
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyryu View Post
I think that the forum has just become a place for people who don't even play any more can come and talk about how much they hate SWTOR.
You forgot to include the people who like to talk about how much they hate the people they think are talking about how much they hat SW:ToR.
EA/BioWare on the state of SW:TOR:
"Your piece of mind is my highest priority. Rest assured, this will be done to perfection." Account ended: 8/16/'12 (August 16th, for those "across the pond.") @ aprox. 12pm CDT

Lithy
07.31.2012 , 02:30 PM | #292
Bye everyone... I'll miss you. F2p ruins games
Lithíum Hartshotte, Sniper
Exit Area

Tallianna Hartshotte, Gunslinger
Officer of Shadowed

Stryklone
07.31.2012 , 02:30 PM | #293
Quote: Originally Posted by Mallorik View Post
I really wish they would give paying customers their own server so we dont have to deal with the dregs f2p games draw in, this games general chat is already one of the worse ive ever seen, i cant immagine what it will be like with f2p people all over it.
Would dearly love sub-only servers.

Just got my girlfriend into the game and the first thing we do is turn off general chat.

With this Pay-By-Pieces coming in, the second thing we'll do now is enjoy a nice 2-player co-op game with no other chat at all ... and nothing more.
CzErkA Corporation

Coincidence?

HammersteinSW
07.31.2012 , 02:30 PM | #294
Ahahaha - great business strategy.

Let's give away the good part of the game - the voiced storyline - away for free and charge for the crappy part - the ops that nobody really likes.

Game is so screwed it's not even funny.

iLLshanked
07.31.2012 , 02:30 PM | #295
Can I exchange my "Cartel Coins" for SOE to get their licence back please?

AllisonBerryman
07.31.2012 , 02:30 PM | #296 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Muskaan View Post
How will forum access work? I suppose people who are f2p wont get forum write/post access and will get it read_only?
Yes, that is currently the plan.

jibboo
07.31.2012 , 02:31 PM | #297
Makes me sick to my stomach.

Good job BW/EA.

pocketthesaurus
07.31.2012 , 02:31 PM | #298
This is the only model I would've found acceptable, so I approve.

LaVolpex
07.31.2012 , 02:31 PM | #299
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
Though I'm leary of this based on things I have heard but I can see some things that can be good with this.

With the way the economy is right now this may get more people able to play that were not able to play before because of finanical reasons.

Depending on how things are implemented.
economy my foot! , if 50 cents a day really break your budget you should have pawned that pc a long time ago, what bioware should have done was sell client game codes+free month for 5-10 dollars and keep the subs if they wanted more customers/subs , that would have been a good "the economy is tough" sub booster, but as a paying customer from day 1 , i feel downright insulted that i will have to deal with the incessant ninja looting, whining, complaining and downright disgusting communites in the f2p game scene nowadays

Galvatron
07.31.2012 , 02:31 PM | #300
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
they havnt really been the size and scale of expanshions youde get from paid subs.
and my origional point still stands u think youle really see new class story missions in the same way that they are now anytime soon?

if im wring ill come back and you can scream i told u so untill then im out.
Most paid sub game in the past didn't give us new raids every 3-4 months.. you had to wait for the paid expansion which took a long time. WOW works this way you have to wait 18months to get new raids and you pay for it 39.99 if I'm correct.
Galvatron/OptimasCO Founder Sinister
"The trick in life is knowing when to pick your pain and for what reason"
Sith PVP - SWG pre-CU/NGE BLOODFIN