Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official F2P Announcement

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

07.31.2012 , 01:49 PM | #131
From what I am reading they appear to be using a F2P model like LOTRO which was a very good one. Us people who want to subscribe will have everything like normal but people who want piece mill buy things they also will. I know when LOTRO went F2P they actually picked up alot more subs due to smart people realizing that its cheaper. Either way it gave LOTRO the capital to put out 3 or 4 expansions since it went to it.

Looks like BW is even going a step further by giving subs first login priority. At this time I am enjoying this game alot so to me this is a plus if it means they will be able to provide us more stuff on a quicker schedule. Cause with F2P you constantly have to add new shinies for the F2Pers to buy to keep the money coming in.

Now if i can just get me 8 more character slots I will be happy.
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

07.31.2012 , 01:49 PM | #132
if this turns in to a Pay 2 win Game cause this I will be rather pissed off. that game isnt even 1 year old and it going f2p, and most f2p games turn in a pay2win game which usual windup with the balance in the game be **** up the ***.

07.31.2012 , 01:49 PM | #133
Free to play actually works out for me. I can pay for the Warzone and not the other crap I don't do now. (of course, this is assuming a reasonable price for the new content I actually want)

07.31.2012 , 01:50 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
TOR requires about as much skill as breathing does.
This. Oh, and if you can show me how to win more Warzones with my new Darth Nihilus hat or Party Jawa, please pm me bro.

07.31.2012 , 01:50 PM | #135
game over
Chal Quickbeam, 50 Jedi Knight Guardian <Balance> - From The Deadweight and now Prophecy of the Five.

07.31.2012 , 01:50 PM | #136
149.99$ for CE..

14.99$ since day one of the game...

For what? To have the game reduced to nothing and offered at 14.99 for people to come and troll on, and pay to win?

This is like a giant slap in the face from Bioware and after DA2/ME3...and now this, I'm basically at the point where I'm seriously thinking about not buying any other game by Bioware. If you guys are gonna be bunch of selfish, self absorbed, money grabbing d-bags, who don't LISTEN TO ANYTHING ANY OF YOUR PLAYERS AND FANS ARE SAYING then I'm not going to support you anymore.

Shame on you Bioware.

You can run, but you'll only die tired.

07.31.2012 , 01:50 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by belizar View Post
what do us collector ed owners get in this f2p model ? :P
What do you mean? Did you not already get a special box full of crap with your collectors edition? Like a statue and a book or something? Don't you already get access to some special vendor on your fleet? What else do you think you are entitled to? You have already gotten what you paid for.

If you want more, you have to pay more just like everyone else.

07.31.2012 , 01:50 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Feeblezak View Post

1.3 million

Why are people raging so bad?

There is a sub model and a F2P model, subscribers recieve preferential treatement and don't have to pay an extra penny

quit yer freakin whinin'
1.3 million months ago, now we have so 26 servers with what? 4k or 5k limit population, just do the math plz subs must be like 200k or 300k tops.

07.31.2012 , 01:50 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Trews View Post
and more content faster?

I fully admit to noobery here, but um....whats the downside?
More content faster, rofl. They couldn't make content even when people were throwing money at them, now that it's sunk to the lowest of the lows, content will be non existant. Mr. Lucas must be proud of this amazing masterpiece

07.31.2012 , 01:50 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Feeblezak View Post
chances are 1000 coins will buy you a 2-minute 10% xp booster.
Probably haha, but I thought of one bonus from this, lots of lvl 50 F2P accounts to gank
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.