Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official F2P Announcement

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Last_Hearth
07.31.2012 , 01:47 PM | #121
I guess my question is that stuff like the meditation throne, are they going to be added to your ship? So are we finally getting stuff to customize our ship interiors?

Trews
07.31.2012 , 01:47 PM | #122
So...nothing changes for folks with a subscription, except we get some new coins for schmancy gear...and more content faster?

I fully admit to noobery here, but um....whats the downside?

islander
07.31.2012 , 01:47 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Feeblezak View Post
Wrong

1.3 million
We'll see what it actually is in about 90 minutes.

I'm guessing the other person you replied to is right though. F2P = we aren't making enough money as a sub.

5+ years of spending and development, slowly going down the toilet within 8 months. Sad, just...sad.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Feeblezak
07.31.2012 , 01:47 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
Was hoping this wouldn't happen, oh well, at least my collectors edition will give me enough cartel coins to offset the ridiculousness of the whole deal
chances are 1000 coins will buy you a 2-minute 10% xp booster.
SWTOR Collectors Edition Pre-Order
Roleplayer

☭ ★

jgoldsack
07.31.2012 , 01:47 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
Now the game will no longer be the player with the best skill, but the biggest wallet. Great.
Incorrect.

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Pay your sub and you have access to everything. And get the Cartel Coins to buy store items. You don'd have to spend a penny more.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Darbon
07.31.2012 , 01:48 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Emeda View Post
Where did you hear anything about more content?

The new content is going to be accessable to the F2P players so they spend more money. The sub players are going to get screwed even more by getting less and less content that isnt aavailable to the F2P players.

In other words the way Bioware is going to make money out of this is by using cash shops or whatever you call them. Then all the money they put into the game will go into improving those features.

Bioware got your 60 bucks and your 15 bucks for 7-9 months so now they need to work on getting money from others. Hey if you dont like it then you can use the F2P model right and end up spending even more money.
I was refering to this:

"Over the coming months there will be more frequent Game Updates, including group content like Flashpoints, Warzones, Operations, and dynamic in-game events and more included in your subscription."

The whinging here sometimes....
Franįoise - Gunslinger - The Red Eclipse

CosmicKat
07.31.2012 , 01:48 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Emeda View Post
Anyone know if this is a record of a sub game going F2P? didnt even take them a year.
Was about the same time or sooner for Champions Online. The number of players went way up, more new content came in faster and it is still up and running.

Ergavore
07.31.2012 , 01:48 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
TOR requires about as much skill as breathing does.
For those of us with asthma this is different.

Grimnoire
07.31.2012 , 01:48 PM | #129
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force... as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened. You'd better get on with your exercises."

The fact that they are giving CE players 1000 extra coins kinda miffs me, it seems like you should know all of the differences between CE and normal before you buy them......

Regardless; bad sign and I for one am suddenly more than a bit worried about the near-term future of this game. All I can say is Terror from Beyond better be spectacular (and coming soon) or I for one will be permanently unsubbing.

"Your tongue cannot repel flavor of that magnitude!"

islander
07.31.2012 , 01:49 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Trews View Post
So...nothing changes for folks with a subscription, except we get some new coins for schmancy gear...and more content faster?

I fully admit to noobery here, but um....whats the downside?
The downside is that the IQ of your general chat is going to drop by about 20 more then it is now and the average age of the player will drop about 8 years.

Thats assuming that their claims about sub versus F2P end up being as accurate as you and I understand them.

Now, if they said "F2P players will be forced onto these other servers" then I'd be much more OK with this.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five