Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Artifice] Where's the artifice love? /angry about purple, white and cyan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Artifice] Where's the artifice love? /angry about purple, white and cyan

Talyndor
08.01.2012 , 11:26 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by UberDuberSoldat View Post
You can bet the white crystals will come back in the cash shop
I hate to say this, but I suspect this is absolutely correct. I saw the same kind of nonsense in LOTRO, a great MMO that was ruined by the FTP angle. You could buy with $5 what it would take a week or two to grind out.

I suspect FTP will be the downfall of SWoTR, as well. kind of a shame.

50 Gunslinger-50 Sage-50 Sentinel-50 Operative

Shlamorel
08.01.2012 , 04:10 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Talyndor View Post
I hate to say this, but I suspect this is absolutely correct. I saw the same kind of nonsense in LOTRO, a great MMO that was ruined by the FTP angle. You could buy with $5 what it would take a week or two to grind out.

I suspect FTP will be the downfall of SWoTR, as well. kind of a shame.
I don't find it that big of a deal so long as it's vanity options. People can get the vanity item before me if they want to spend real life money on it... I enjoy gaining credits through crafting/trade so I don't really mind if I get a vanity item (like a white crystal) slower since I'm not willing to spend RL money on it.
Shlamorel Sta'raeth - Jedi Seer
Dragonbrand
------------
I vow to try and respond in a constructive and positive manner

Talyndor
08.03.2012 , 07:55 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Shlamorel View Post
I don't find it that big of a deal so long as it's vanity options. People can get the vanity item before me if they want to spend real life money on it... I enjoy gaining credits through crafting/trade so I don't really mind if I get a vanity item (like a white crystal) slower since I'm not willing to spend RL money on it.
I obviously do not know what Bioware has planned for FTP people, but in LOTRO it was not just vanity items that were purchasable. There were items that were incredibly helpful to non-ftp players that you could ONLY get by buying them (e.g., a scroll to remove relics from weapons to keep them upgraded could not be found in-game, you HAD to buy it). Also, ftp players were able to buy a tremendous amount of gear, relics, potions, and scrolls, that put crafters out of business. It was not, i repeat, not limited to vanity items, but actual gear, etc. Like I said, it ruined the game; I played LOTRO for 2 1/2 years, and left b/c of the ftp concept (as well, tbh, b/c the game stopped being innovative or fun to play).

50 Gunslinger-50 Sage-50 Sentinel-50 Operative