Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Artifice] Where's the artifice love? /angry about purple, white and cyan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Artifice] Where's the artifice love? /angry about purple, white and cyan

Sonaria
07.30.2012 , 10:13 PM | #1
So I thought when they took out the vendors in 1.2 that sold the cyan, purple, and white color crystals... that we were supposedly getting more color crystal schematics. But apparently that doesn't include purple, white, and cyan...

July 23rd Q&A
Dyronis: Are there any plans on making Purple, Cyan, White crystals craftable by Artifice?

Jason: We donít currently have any plans to make those colors craft-able. This might change in the future, but even if we introduce crafting schematics for them we intend for those lightsaber colors (especially White) to remain relatively rare.

If they weren't planning on adding these, could they have at least mentioned it? So we could buy a few before they removed the vendor. I wish I would have gotten some for alts. But I figured I could just make them... but nooo. /cry

Bigronx
07.30.2012 , 10:26 PM | #2
Thats what happens when one assumes.

Tho you can craft cyan and purple at least for pvp.Actually in the past they said they would have different ways to get crystals and we wouldnt be able to craft them all....

Telanis
07.30.2012 , 11:56 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sonaria View Post
So I thought when they took out the vendors in 1.2 that sold the cyan, purple, and white color crystals... that we were supposedly getting more color crystal schematics. But apparently that doesn't include purple, white, and cyan...

July 23rd Q&A
Dyronis: Are there any plans on making Purple, Cyan, White crystals craftable by Artifice?

Jason: We donít currently have any plans to make those colors craft-able. This might change in the future, but even if we introduce crafting schematics for them we intend for those lightsaber colors (especially White) to remain relatively rare.

If they weren't planning on adding these, could they have at least mentioned it? So we could buy a few before they removed the vendor. I wish I would have gotten some for alts. But I figured I could just make them... but nooo. /cry
I worked hard for my rare crystals, and I like them being rare. Stop trying to ruin it for everyone else because you want things just handed to you.

Polebreaker
07.31.2012 , 03:11 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Telanis View Post
I worked hard for my rare crystals, and I like them being rare. Stop trying to ruin it for everyone else because you want things just handed to you.
Worked hard? Walking up to a vendor was hard, eh?

As for being handed... dont think he asked for that. The opportunity to CRAFT them was asked for, which while not hard in this game, at least has the virtue of taking a little more skill than walking up to a vendor.

Enjoy your rare crystals... til the next time they show up for credits, or maybe $5 in the cash shop. Sure wouldnt want to "ruin it" for you because they had the same colour saber as you.

Quote: Originally Posted by Telanis View Post
Corellian Run. If BioWare ever makes them unbound and you want to sell a Korrealis Prince or Sovereign. send me a private message or in-game mail! (Imps will need to PM me here, my char is Republic.)
Guess you didnt work quite hard enough for your speeder. Stop trying to ruin it for everyone else, they worked hard for their giant rare cars, and they like them being rare. They shouldnt be handed to you!

AshlaBoga
07.31.2012 , 04:08 AM | #5

July 23rd Q&A

I read that the White will only be attainable via a sequence similar to the magenta and that the PvE cyan and purple (PvP crystals are craftable ) will be craftable before they introduce Level 58+ crystals.

The thing is that they did mention it. They said that they had no intention of making them attainable again in game (via schematics, magenta style questline or vendor) until sometime between after 1.4.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Sonaria
07.31.2012 , 08:41 AM | #6
I am aware that you can maybe acquire the pvp crystal schematics (from pvp crafting boxes I think), I'm not interested in crafting expertise crystals. I want power, crit, and endurance.

And I'm not saying they should be super easy to acquire and make, I just want the option to find them somewhere.... Like maybe the purple and cyan schematics could drop from BH Heroic areas, like magenta crystals. And don't make the mats super easy either, just reasonable. Maybe the white schematics could drop off Primal Destroyer and Nightmare Pilgrim, and make those even harder to make once you get the schematic.

All I want is the option to make them... but apparently that's too much to ask for from Bioware.

nbayer
07.31.2012 , 11:06 AM | #7
I can only speak for the white crystal but they specifically said that it would not be craftable any time soon and that the vendor was only around for a limited time. That is the only reason I bought one, and it was 2.5 million credits. It would be kinda of a slap in the face to turn around and just let people craft it right away. I'm sure at some point it will be available though.

GnatB
07.31.2012 , 01:20 PM | #8
Not sure on Purple/Cyan, (which I believe *are* still available, though perhaps not crafteable), but they DID say White wouldn't be available any time soon once the 1.2 crystal guy was gone. (think basically said no plans to make it available at all at this point, though once past 1.5 or whatever they have designed for, it's always a possibility it'll come back))

Sharee
07.31.2012 , 02:18 PM | #9
Don't worry. I bet they put the rare colors on merchant NPC's only available to paying subscribers as soon as the f2p season begins. It's a no-brainer: costs them nothing, doesn't upset balance, and is a big carrot to hang in front of the F2P players' eyes.

UberDuberSoldat
08.01.2012 , 11:18 AM | #10
You can bet the white crystals will come back in the cash shop