Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Jedi Council *spoilers*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Jedi Council *spoilers*

GrandMasterOteg
07.30.2012 , 01:17 PM | #1
We know that in the Great Galactic war half the Council was killed. And throughout the series we see six masters on the Council, although other sources point to about 10 being on the Council during Fatal Alliance, all of these guys could be dead as well. The only six we see are:

Syo
Kaedan
Orgus
Braga
Satele
Kiwiks

Of those Syo and Braga are deposed, Kaedan and Orgus are dead, and Kiwiks' fate is undetermined. Which leaves only Satele and the Barsen'thor as members of the Council. At most there are 3 members left. Compare that to Darths Marr, Ravage, Mortis, Vowron, and Nox being left. The Jedi are in pretty bad shape.

AlyxDinas
07.30.2012 , 01:24 PM | #2
Because these positions could never be filled, obviously. Besides, insofar as some of the remaining seats, it is entirely possible that members like Wens Aleusis and Oric Traless remain on the Council. And we have no indication that Master Kiwiiks is dead. In fact, that she stayed back to aid the wounded and civilians during the battle of Corellia probably gives us reason to this she's alive. This is to say nothing of individuals like Jomar Chul or even Praven, who might have qualified to become Jedi Masters.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

Maaruin
07.30.2012 , 01:30 PM | #3
The Jedi Council has 12 members. At least that's what it said on the website far before the game was released. so we only see half of them during the game. They'll probably introduce others later.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

GrandMasterOteg
07.30.2012 , 01:31 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
Because these positions could never be filled, obviously. Besides, insofar as some of the remaining seats, it is entirely possible that members like Wens Aleusis and Oric Traless remain on the Council.
It's possible, sure but that doesn't explain why none of these members so much as appear in any of the Jedi Council meetings, in fact they don't even have seats present in the chambers. At least when people in the Dark Council, like Darth Jadus are missing you see their empty chair.

Halinmonk
07.30.2012 , 01:34 PM | #5
There is another member of the Council that shows up in the Jedi Consular story line near the beginning, and basically exists to ***** about Yuon Par. For the life me I can't remember his name.

Maaruin
07.30.2012 , 02:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinmonk View Post
There is another member of the Council that shows up in the Jedi Consular story line near the beginning, and basically exists to ***** about Yuon Par. For the life me I can't remember his name.
That's Jaric Kaedan, as mentioned.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

GrandMasterOteg
07.30.2012 , 02:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinmonk View Post
Kaedan dies in the Sith Ilum Arc.

Ranadiel_Marius
07.30.2012 , 04:27 PM | #8
Is Orgus actually stated to be a member of the Council at any point? I know that was my impression when I first played through the JK storyline, but when I was later looking for a reference to him being on the Council I couldn't really find anything like that. So he might not actually belong on the list of Dead Council members.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

kodakpwns
07.30.2012 , 05:42 PM | #9
Well, he was seated in one of the Jedi Council Chamber's seats so I think it's implied that he's a member of the Council.
Jedi Covenant
Kodashi - Vigilance Guardian

GrandMasterOteg
07.30.2012 , 08:58 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
Is Orgus actually stated to be a member of the Council at any point? I know that was my impression when I first played through the JK storyline, but when I was later looking for a reference to him being on the Council I couldn't really find anything like that. So he might not actually belong on the list of Dead Council members.
Yeah he's seated in the chambers. Although his showings are kind of weak compared to the others. Kaedan captured the Dread Masters, Satele is...well Satele, Kiwiks is a Healer, Tol Braga dueled a member of the Dark Council for days on end and brought him to the light side, and Syo is a master strategist.