Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1v1 Duel Tournament Results

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1v1 Duel Tournament Results

ProfessorWalsh
07.30.2012 , 06:30 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by warultima View Post
Ignoring the PvE relics + Adrenal lolstack, the marauder pretty much just sit there until he died. The marauder looks like an annihilation marauder judging by his typical openers (Force Charge + Deadly Saber-> Battering Assault followed by a Rupture). An anni marauder die in 6GCD... its pretty bad...
The Marauder didn't Rebuke, he didn't Saber Ward, he never used Force Camo, he didn't use his CC break...

I have a feeling this wasn't so much a gear issue as it was that the Marauder's defenses were on CD.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

cschwartzy
07.30.2012 , 06:44 AM | #22
The video posted was just the final duel. I watched the live stream of the tournament. The Marauder did not "suck". He won the "winners" bracket in which he won duels against geared PT's and Assassins. The reason it was that lopsided is *I think* he didn't know what to expect. They dueled 2 times in a row to determine the winner and the duel before that the Operative switched to a healing Hybrid. That fight went on for like 10 mins and he beat the Mara. So I'm not sure the Mara knew he respec'd back to DPS.

With that said, who cares? It was for fun. I applaud the people that put on the event and the people that participated.

ProfessorWalsh
07.30.2012 , 07:34 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by cschwartzy View Post
The video posted was just the final duel. I watched the live stream of the tournament. The Marauder did not "suck". He won the "winners" bracket in which he won duels against geared PT's and Assassins. The reason it was that lopsided is *I think* he didn't know what to expect. They dueled 2 times in a row to determine the winner and the duel before that the Operative switched to a healing Hybrid. That fight went on for like 10 mins and he beat the Mara. So I'm not sure the Mara knew he respec'd back to DPS.

With that said, who cares? It was for fun. I applaud the people that put on the event and the people that participated.
That explains a lot. Respeccing mid-tournament seems a bit... Unfair... To me though.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

Eyesmindassassin
07.30.2012 , 07:35 AM | #24
It's hilarious all these OP/Scoundrels coming in this thread saying the Mara sucked so they don't get any more nerfs. He obviously didn't suck if he made it all the way to the finals of the winner's bracket beating out all the other competition. It's been said for the longest, but I guess I'll say it again, OP's hard counter Mara's. Period. As long as you're not a full-fledged mouth breather, you should never come even close to losing to a Mara as a DPS OP.

Boyana
07.30.2012 , 07:45 AM | #25
Nice but I am not surprised 'cos ME DIE in 10 secs when OP pops out. Man, that sound of them popping out gives me chills 'cos ain't nobody got time for that as a sorc! I am like "ayayaya, overload" ><.

Hehehe!

Talsyrius
07.30.2012 , 08:00 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Eyesmindassassin View Post
It's hilarious all these OP/Scoundrels coming in this thread saying the Mara sucked so they don't get any more nerfs. He obviously didn't suck if he made it all the way to the finals of the winner's bracket beating out all the other competition. It's been said for the longest, but I guess I'll say it again, OP's hard counter Mara's. Period. As long as you're not a full-fledged mouth breather, you should never come even close to losing to a Mara as a DPS OP.
Yes, because an operative that might have been using adrenal against a marauder that don't use any defensive cooldowns is a good way to balance the game... ER...
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
Assassins use Jedi mind tricks to deflect blame to other classes to avoid getting nerfed.

Those aren't the DPS you're looking for.

warultima
07.30.2012 , 08:46 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Boyana View Post
Nice but I am not surprised 'cos ME DIE in 10 secs when OP pops out. Man, that sound of them popping out gives me chills 'cos ain't nobody got time for that as a sorc! I am like "ayayaya, overload" ><.

Hehehe!
Ai-Yayaya Overload!!!

Ai-YAAA Dead....

vojinsa
07.30.2012 , 08:46 AM | #28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cojYlRAfiIY

should have posted this vid and called it 1v1 Duel Tournament Results.
Quote:
Imperial Agent-If I brought you flowers, what would you do?
Kaliyo- Go look for a man?
I love Kaliyo.

Boyana
07.30.2012 , 09:23 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by warultima View Post
Ai-Yayaya Overload!!!

Ai-YAAA Dead....

Ahahahahah!

Trauglodyte
07.30.2012 , 01:08 PM | #30
I'll say that the tourney is probably tainted by a complete lack of rules. Not allowing PvE gear, namely relics, adrenals, and respeccing would have gone a long way of making it better.

On the flip side, though, anyone that can chain three crits in a row, of which two are their biggest hits, is going to go through someone in a hurry. Even when my HS-BS only hit for 3400 on crits against heavy armor, those two plus Acid Blade ticking is going to remove about 40% of your average WH geared Jug/Guard and Trooper/Vang.
To die is simply to end the cycle of pain!