Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My skin color changed? Oo

ThaLunatik
12.19.2011 , 04:51 AM | #1
Some point within the past hour or so my character's skin color changed. It was a deep red, now it's a light red bordering on pink/flesh. On the character selection screen it looks fine and within the ctrl+click preview and character panes it is the proper red, but in-game and during cutscenes it's the light color.

It's very disconcerting -- doesn't look like my character since it ain't his skin color! lol

I've logged out and back in and closed my game and re-opened to no avail. In-game it's messed up, everywhere else it's fine

Can anyone give some advice on how to resolve this? ASAP if possible!

Thank you!

OperaG
12.19.2011 , 04:53 AM | #2
one possibility is that you're playing dark side and have enabled the options that will change your appearance as you sink deeper in the shadows. might want to check this out!

Quesa
12.19.2011 , 04:55 AM | #3
You probably just hit the first rank of "Dark" which will make you a bit more pale with a red hue as well as your eye color changes.

ThaLunatik
12.19.2011 , 04:57 AM | #4
Thank you for the replies! We discovered that the Sith corruption is what caused this issue, and then I came back here to find replies pointing to that :P

I think I'll leave my effect off. It sounds good in premise but I don't much like how my skin color pulled a Michael Jackson lol.

ThaLunatik
12.19.2011 , 07:06 AM | #5
For some reason the option to show the Sith corruption re-enables itself every time I die or zone anywhere, so I must continually turn it off

Jimly
12.19.2011 , 07:49 AM | #6
I got the same problem as you. I dont want sith corruption to appear on my character but it automaticaly re-enables as you described. If anyone has any solution about that issue plz post

wonkeysmoker
12.19.2011 , 07:51 AM | #7
I restarted as and went light to stop the sith corruption problem. Now my appearance does not change and i get to be good as a bonus, or curse.