Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Servers on the decline again....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Servers on the decline again....

Cordelia
07.28.2012 , 07:16 PM | #21
I said at the time that server merges didn't solve the underlying problem with the game. People left for a reason in the first place, it wasn't because servers had low populations, that came later. So it's no surprise that after the initial excitement of having people to group with again, the underlying trend of population decline continues.

Tmanarl
07.28.2012 , 07:20 PM | #22
Meh. My server had a + .15 change for the week.
The Valar Legacy : Begeren Colony
Maris: 65 Imperial Operative | Cinnagar: 65 Sith Sorcerer | Shiian: 65 Sith Juggernaut
Sevri: 60 Bounty Hunter Powertech | Rolorra: 60 Sith Marauder
Leelu: 60 Jedi Sage | Brénn: 60 Vanguard Trooper | Corrann: 60 Jedi Sentinal

JetAten
07.28.2012 , 10:34 PM | #23
I went back to my old server until they kill it because merging so many servers into so few made the game unplayable for me. Having to compete with 20 other people in the zone to finish quests? Thats ridiculous. I'm sure all the folks that rushed their way up to 50 and want fast pvp queue times are happy. But those of us that like to play casual have been completely turned off to the game now. I've met several other people on my old "dead" server that are playing there until they shut it down for the same exact reason. Just killing time until their game-time runs out. Bioware screwed up badly with this transfer nonsense. They made too many servers to start with and then merged them into too few. Without casual gamers, this game may not die but it will spend the rest of its time on life-support.

Thaltom
07.28.2012 , 10:41 PM | #24
Isn't TORstatus reporting an overall change of +1.50 right now? Seen here towards the bottom of the page.

So... no, I don't think that means the servers are declining at all.
I only get paid when I survive. I like getting paid.

Comstrike
07.29.2012 , 12:01 AM | #25
The announcement that Bioware will not delete characters who extend beyond the current 8 slots on a server, may have freed some people to simply go back to older servers and keep working on non-transfered toons.

We are moving into August, the vacation season, students preparing to move back to college, tend to cause slow-downs in in-game populations.

August will see the largest block of six month subscribers come due for renewal. It is likely many have already stopped playing, who are not going to renew, but others may be dialing down the time in-game.

Guild Wars 2 is in beta, and lets face it, a lot of folks want to try it.

LOTRO is now in beta for Riders of Rohan.

The Secret World is likewise testing.

The Olympics might draw some folks away from the PC.

The negative news, lack of content updates, and generally listless direction of the game during the past few months, even with the merges, may also be driving people away.

Overall, my feeling is that once word starts spreading, that the newly merged servers are also starting to see people flee, it will actually cause a rush for the door.
Comstrike
Founder, Leader, Sons Of Numenor & Scions of Koribban| LOTRO - SWTOR - GW2 - STO - World of Tanks | GalacticHolonetNews

NotSevv
07.29.2012 , 12:08 AM | #26
Server's are on the decline in performance still as the server side lag spikes in zones are terrible on CR.
Viral (Corellian Run)
It burns when I PvP (Prophecy of the Five) GM

SithEater
07.29.2012 , 12:18 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
sigh.....

How many times do we have to go over this.

This is the normal decline inbetween content patches.

Remember how low servers got before 1.3? Then after 1.3 they were reaching fleet pops of around 500. This happens in every MMO.

Yes we do need new content or a new live event or something and IF it goes on for too long it COULD be permanent but for now its not something to worry about.
this...complete with extra sigh and shake of the head

Run chicken little run!!!
Grand Master of the Sword in Box Form of Lightsaber Combat.

Selethar
07.29.2012 , 12:20 AM | #28
Those of us that will be left after the great exodus promise to turn out the lights ok? Can we move on now?

Shingara
07.29.2012 , 12:35 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Selethar View Post
Those of us that will be left after the great exodus promise to turn out the lights ok? Can we move on now?
Is that cos we are going to have a disco in the biggest pub we can find in nar shadda when they finally beep off to gw2 and mop only to come back a few months later.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Tyranux
07.29.2012 , 01:10 AM | #30
This site just shows population based on the people logging into the game, it doesn't show actual subscription numbers. These drops are normal when there is a dry spell between content. Also, those numbers will be declining more and more as it gets closer and closer to schools starting back up again. This still doesn't show any change in subscription numbers and only Bioware/EA will have that information.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
/signed best concealment operative /sorc dps -> world.-Dmasterr
Quote:
Their guild got caught bug abusing all the way to 2400
lol fail