Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Servers on the decline again....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Servers on the decline again....

alifaraaz
07.28.2012 , 05:22 PM | #11
Theyre on the decline because we have no new content. Argue all you want about how fast or slow BW are at implementing new major patches, the fact is there's very little to do once youre done with Endgame stuff.

There's no fun achievements to work towards, there's no rep to grind (shockingly it is a very effective time sink). There's no pazaak gambling etc. Little mini-games other than space, which is well, kinda lame.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Velgar
07.28.2012 , 05:40 PM | #12
I said before the mergers that mergers without addressing the underlying causes of the population crash would only prolong the agony a little longer and that the game would continue to bleed subs. The populations of many servers that were heavy to full in the first month dropped to light, the initial wave of those leaving were not because of low pops, they left because they were not happy with the game, it was only in the later stages that low population became a reason for leaving. Stopping the bleeding long term requires fixing the problems that caused the large portion of the original wave to leave.

Reble-Dog-Squad
07.28.2012 , 05:44 PM | #13
Maybe server populations are down because people are wanting to watch the Olympics rather than grind to lvl 50 each night while the Olympics is on.
Australian CE VIP
"Social Media Killed Society - Like The Video Killed the Radio Star"
System: i7 2600K, Asus P8z68-V Pro, 16gig RAM, Gigabyte GTX580 SOC
May The Force Be With You

aurellian
07.28.2012 , 06:04 PM | #14
What exactly are these "fundamental flaws" everyone keeps talking about? I see lots of regurgitation but no actual facts about what people are dissatisfied with.

Djhots
07.28.2012 , 06:05 PM | #15
Many guilds have been doing full clears of EC HM for the last 2 months including alt runs. Also they have ground out War Hero and our BiS geared down the the last mod. This includes mains and alts. Several in my own guild have reached this distinction. Many of those have leveled several alts to experience the story lines for ever class on both factions.

In short, we have experienced much of what this game has to offer and have been at a stand still for quite some time. We all love this game, but it's apparent to even the most ardent fanboy in my guild, that EA/BW has seemingly mismanged the game. Leaving it in such a state, though it will most likely recover and survive, it will not be at the level we all thought it would.

My sub date like many of my guildies falls on the 18th of the month. I am quite sure that if new end game content isn't release by August 17 the many in my guild will be leaving the game. At this point of the game and with the recent developments out of BW Austin I cannot in good conscience blame them for leaving.

Catsmeat
07.28.2012 , 06:06 PM | #16
Cool, I read both "regurgitation" and "free hotpockets" on the same page. Dang if that isn't making me both hungry and bilious at the same time.

RangKer
07.28.2012 , 06:10 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Catsmeat View Post
Cool, I read both "regurgitation" and "free hotpockets" on the same page. Dang if that isn't making me both hungry and bilious at the same time.
This guy's Name + Comment = internet has been won

/thread
[ S Y N E X U S ]
[ D E V A R O N I A N ]

aurellian
07.28.2012 , 06:21 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Djhots View Post
Many guilds have been doing full clears of EC HM for the last 2 months including alt runs. Also they have ground out War Hero and our BiS geared down the the last mod. This includes mains and alts. Several in my own guild have reached this distinction. Many of those have leveled several alts to experience the story lines for ever class on both factions.

In short, we have experienced much of what this game has to offer and have been at a stand still for quite some time. We all love this game, but it's apparent to even the most ardent fanboy in my guild, that EA/BW has seemingly mismanged the game. Leaving it in such a state, though it will most likely recover and survive, it will not be at the level we all thought it would.

My sub date like many of my guildies falls on the 18th of the month. I am quite sure that if new end game content isn't release by August 17 the many in my guild will be leaving the game. At this point of the game and with the recent developments out of BW Austin I cannot in good conscience blame them for leaving.
My guild has never done a single operation. We haven't done a single hard mode flahspoint. None of us have multiple toons at 50. In fact, only one of us has a 50 so far. We have not ground out any endgame gear and we have not leveled multiple alt characters and experienced all of the class stories. Yet somehow we're still logging in multiple times a week and having a blast. We've completed all the flashpoints up through Red Reaper. See what I did there? We're probably having as much fun now as your guild was having when you first got to the endgame operations. I'm sorry that you're dissatisfied with the amount of things left to do in the game, but we're doing just fine. Your guild is not a microcosm of the state of the entire playerbase. Your guild represents one portion of the playerbase. I would venture to say your guild and my guild cumulatively represent a microcosm of the state of the game. Lots of people feeling like there's nothing left to do and lots of people who feel like there's plenty left to do. I think that's pretty much how all MMOs are.

jarjarloves
07.28.2012 , 06:22 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by aurellian View Post
What exactly are these "fundamental flaws" everyone keeps talking about? I see lots of regurgitation but no actual facts about what people are dissatisfied with.
exactly.

Shouku
07.28.2012 , 06:30 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by HomicidalWhales View Post
Honestly, I think the game is in a decline. Even after server transfers, I think even the players that don't come to the forums (because a majority of the player-base doesn't utilize it after the game's release) have to come to realization that this game isn't really all that it was meant to be.

There are also your Free Trial players and those who are still subbed but have decided to quit.
Yup. Agree.

It was meant to beat WoW. Same talent structure, same skill per level acqusition, lots of same familiar game mechanics, bigger investment to combat the years WoW has up on it.

But .....
lack of basic features at launch expected per the investment, lack of focus on core gameplay issues by the devs, such as performance, UI, core mechanics, etc.
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel...