Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Servers on the decline again....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Servers on the decline again....

ZudetGambeous's Avatar


ZudetGambeous
07.28.2012 , 04:47 PM | #1
Well Bioware you merged the servers. But you didn't address any of the underlying issues it seems. Servers are back on the decline.

Looking at the data from TORstatus we can see in the US:

Server name Population (07/15-07/29) Change

The Harbinger 2.34 -0.11
Begeren Colony 2.30 +0.15
The Bastion 2.28 -0.15
Drooga's Pleasure Barge 2.27 -0.08
The Ebon Hawk 2.18 +0.06
Corellian Run 2.11 +0.03
Jedi Covenant 2.10 -0.02
The Shadowlands 2.04 -0.09
Canderous Ordo 2.03 -0.06
Prophecy of the Five 1.97 -0.28
The Fatman 1.86 -0.08
Jung Ma 1.85 -0.01

Where the values are explained on their site (www.torstatus.com)

But basically the destination servers have seen a decline of -0.64 over the last 2 weeks... which is pretty drastic

EU servers are similar.

I guess Bioware secretly raised the population caps for the 3rd or 4th time? or the game is still declining?
I tell you this: though neither he nor they yet know it, he is the greatest of all the Jedi. Jacen Solo is the living Jedi dream. Even without the Force, he is more dangerous than you can possibly imagine."

GalacticKegger's Avatar


GalacticKegger
07.28.2012 , 04:50 PM | #2
On Drooga's 250 in fleet and 100 on the planets (one instance) was listed as heavy last week. Earlier this week those same numbers were listed as normal. Who knows ...
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

HomicidalWhales's Avatar


HomicidalWhales
07.28.2012 , 04:52 PM | #3
Honestly, I think the game is in a decline. Even after server transfers, I think even the players that don't come to the forums (because a majority of the player-base doesn't utilize it after the game's release) have to come to realization that this game isn't really all that it was meant to be.

There are also your Free Trial players and those who are still subbed but have decided to quit.

BradTheImpaler's Avatar


BradTheImpaler
07.28.2012 , 04:55 PM | #4
Yeah, keep repeating over and over that the game is dead/dying. That'll help.

Anyway I'm on Corellian Run and there's more than enough people...so I haven't noticed.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

Sammennn's Avatar


Sammennn
07.28.2012 , 04:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post
Yeah, keep repeating over and over that the game is dead/dying. That'll help
The truth hurts doesn't it?

Are we supposed to cheer at Bioware and clap our hands when they're ruining a game with such potential?

HAH! Funny.

Valkirus's Avatar


Valkirus
07.28.2012 , 04:59 PM | #6
This would not surprise me and it is sad actually. The major failings of TOR where not fixed by merging the servers.
And those have been touched on so many times in this forums, it is a waste of keystrokes to continue to do it. TOR in it's current state will appeal to a small bunch of MMO players but for the majority of players it is not worth a sub.
Trust is something which is earned.

Starquake's Avatar


Starquake
07.28.2012 , 05:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by HomicidalWhales View Post
Honestly, I think the game is in a decline. Even after server transfers, I think even the players that don't come to the forums (because a majority of the player-base doesn't utilize it after the game's release) have to come to realization that this game isn't really all that it was meant to be.

There are also your Free Trial players and those who are still subbed but have decided to quit.
I am quitting after a month. This game has the potential to be incredible, but it seems that none of the obvious areas that need improvement are being given any real attention. It's lifeless and boring because there is no attention to the little things that make a game come alive (and as a result makes players feel immersed into the game's universe).

Kheyl's Avatar


Kheyl
07.28.2012 , 05:06 PM | #8
I quit because I refuse to be forced to transfer from the server I was basically forced to use during pre-launch because all the other servers were already over loaded. I refuse to pay for a game where my character names are going to be taken away, as well as the Legacy name I chose. Bioware has no idea how to successfully run a MMO, and they are proving it over and over. Everyone should just unsubscribe and wait for the whole game to go free to play. Save your money.

RangKer's Avatar


RangKer
07.28.2012 , 05:09 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ZudetGambeous View Post
Well Bioware you merged the servers. But you didn't address any of the underlying issues it seems. Servers are back on the decline.

Looking at the data from TORstatus we can see in the US:

Server name Population (07/15-07/29) Change

The Harbinger 2.34 -0.11
Begeren Colony 2.30 +0.15
The Bastion 2.28 -0.15
Drooga's Pleasure Barge 2.27 -0.08
The Ebon Hawk 2.18 +0.06
Corellian Run 2.11 +0.03
Jedi Covenant 2.10 -0.02
The Shadowlands 2.04 -0.09
Canderous Ordo 2.03 -0.06
Prophecy of the Five 1.97 -0.28
The Fatman 1.86 -0.08
Jung Ma 1.85 -0.01

Where the values are explained on their site (www.torstatus.com)

But basically the destination servers have seen a decline of -0.64 over the last 2 weeks... which is pretty drastic

EU servers are similar.

I guess Bioware secretly raised the population caps for the 3rd or 4th time? or the game is still declining?
Jedi Covenant, stays around Standard To Heavy, and even for, what you have stated "Dying" PvE server there is more PvP encounters then The Fatman on a busy day from what I have seen on off and peak hours on both servers.
[ S Y N E X U S ]
[ D E V A R O N I A N ]

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
07.28.2012 , 05:11 PM | #10
sigh.....

How many times do we have to go over this.

This is the normal decline inbetween content patches.

Remember how low servers got before 1.3? Then after 1.3 they were reaching fleet pops of around 500. This happens in every MMO.

Yes we do need new content or a new live event or something and IF it goes on for too long it COULD be permanent but for now its not something to worry about.