Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about zorn and toth red aoe circles

WhiteOsprey
07.28.2012 , 03:52 PM | #1
I'm curious, during the red aoe phase of zorn and toth do they pop in random spots or where a person was recently standing? Reason I'm asking is that i'm trying to figure out if the dps on toth lets say move in a unit if it will make it easier than people running around scattered everywhere. Any info on this would be appreciated.

dsapp
07.28.2012 , 06:35 PM | #2
It randomly picks players and puts the red circle where they are currently standing.

Once the circle comes up, get out of it by a decent distance (the red circle is by no means the actual radius), and stand there until another circle pops up underneath you. The biggest problem with moving as a group is that you'll always be moving. Stopping will not be an option when you keep getting targeted. At least with being scattered, each player can move out of the circle and stop to dps/heal before having to move again.

Chaqen
07.28.2012 , 10:07 PM | #3
Everyone should have 2 spots in mind before the red circle phase; spot #1 is where they are going to place their red circle, spot #2 where they are gonna run to, to be safe. They should be running between just these spots as needed, and not deterring much from these planned spots to avoid running into someone else circle (when one spawn you only have enough time to run straight out of it, you do not have the time to run through someones).

dominius
07.29.2012 , 12:02 AM | #4
Our melee tend to stay as a group behind Toth. There should be enough room for 3 spikes behind Toth so the melee can rotate between those spots and still DPS.
Guildmaster of
Elitist Isolationists
Website | Forums | The Harbinger
Domineus || Malego || Trotsky || Ava'rus

WhiteOsprey
07.29.2012 , 10:38 AM | #5
Thanks for the replies. We are attempting 16 man hm for the first time tonight so i was just trying to fine tune our strategy and find out if there was anything we can improve on. Thanks again for the input.

legionof
07.29.2012 , 11:00 AM | #6
the red circles on toth and zorn are remarkably like the red circles during the storm protocol phase on first boss of EV.

Each raid member gets a certain number of circle the need to evade. fixed patterns from each raid member help minimize splash. ranged players can simply run forwards and back relative to their boss. Melee can bunch up and circle strafe their boss since they can swing on the move pretty easily. if your having alot of trouble go spend some time using annihilator as a dummy. Have someone set aside his/her attention to watch who is eating circles too much or droping circle on other raiders. chances are these same folks do it on thoth and zorn.