Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is for those who thinks SW:TOR lacks content.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
This is for those who thinks SW:TOR lacks content.

dalekjs
07.28.2012 , 01:29 PM | #21
Stop comparing SWTOR with how WoW was 8 years ago. If it can't keep a quality consistent with games currently on the market, why would anyone play it?

Lt_Latency
07.28.2012 , 01:29 PM | #22
They need a war zone with 40 vs 40 at least.

simple to prove the engine can handle. Right now alot of people think it can't. I think this would go a long way to helping them

Mozaic
07.28.2012 , 01:29 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by grombrinda View Post
Way to go at shutting down a supporter. As an adult you should encourage them not dissuade them. And you should give them good constructive criticism to help them grow as people.

I hear you OP .....wish everyone would act like adults and stop with the apathy , seeing as they don't even bother to read more than one line, but think it's their obligation to comment on it anyway.
Finally, I have someone who sees logic.

Mozaic
07.28.2012 , 01:30 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Lt_Latency View Post
They need a war zone with 40 vs 40 at least.

simple to prove the engine can handle. Right now alot of people think it can't. I think this would go a long way to helping them
This is what I was saying in the last sentence of my original post! This should go in the Suggestion Box!

belizar
07.28.2012 , 01:31 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by grombrinda View Post
Obviously you don't get the point and yes I see the problem..is just not with him.
so comparing a 2006 game to a 2011 game is ok ? lots of things has changed in mmos over 7 years if u dont think making a game in 2011 to have the same featues as one in 2006 is bad, then i feel sorry for the future of games as clearly any old reskin crap is good enough

Briq
07.28.2012 , 01:32 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Mozaic View Post
A game cannot start off with dozens upon dozens of instances and stunning and cutting edge PvP!
as far as pvp is concerned, you are completely wrong.. the game can and must have a great pvp system base in place or you will never have one down the road.. I'll use SWTOR as an example

1. poor world design for pvp servers.. bases so far from each other that incidental pvp encounters while leveling is nearly non-existent. the fix would require remapping each and every planet. simply not feasable.

2. gear based pvp reward system.. when you make the pvp system about gear instead of abilites and skill it's bad design.. they tried revamping the gear, but all it did was keep pvp gear based.

3. no real meaningful, large scale pvp.. no reason to band together against the sith/jedi..

so you see that if you don't have a decent base to start with, chances are you'll never be great. the absolutely saddest thing about all of this is that DAOC had all of the above done right and their developer(Mythic) has people in place at BW and SWTOR pvp STILL BLOWS GOATS IN ALLEYS

I wont speak about the pve side of things because I'm not a huge pver and before you try to tell me that I shouldn't have played SWTOR, you might want to consider that the entire storyline of star wars is about the eternal struggle between 2 opposing factions.. yet the pvp STILL BLOWS GOATS IN ALLEYS

belizar
07.28.2012 , 01:32 PM | #27

You expect a game to be released with as much content as the BC expansion? Seriously? You just sit there and think about that for a minute. This entire thing is about content, not about the time it was made, just the content. I may be younger, but I'm being reasonable.
u might want to learn to read i didnt say anything about content i said features

Crash-X
07.28.2012 , 01:32 PM | #28
The lack of experience does count though in this case.

some of us were playing MMOs since it first became a genre, we've been around the block, bought the tshirt, blahdeblah.

Personally at 14 I must have been playing EQ or something around that age.

Mozaic
07.28.2012 , 01:33 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by dalekjs View Post
Stop comparing SWTOR with how WoW was 8 years ago. If it can't keep a quality consistent with games currently on the market, why would anyone play it?
Read this comment:

Quote: Originally Posted by ObiJuanShenobi View Post
I shudder to think of how long game development would take if it launched with everything WoW had to offer. And the amount of bugs for the 1st year the game would have.

Sorry man, you just cannot release a game with THAT much content.

belizar
07.28.2012 , 01:34 PM | #30
Read this comment:
stop quoting posts about a game how it was 7 years ago ..... its 2012 how is WoW now ! get your head around the fact its not 2006