Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is for those who thinks SW:TOR lacks content.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
This is for those who thinks SW:TOR lacks content.

Mozaic
07.28.2012 , 12:43 PM | #1
Dear Disappointed SW:TOR player,

My (gaming) name is Mozaic, and I am 14 years old. Please don't take this as a joke and say, "Wow, this kid doesn;t know what he is talking about." Please just listen. Some of you might be saying, "This game has no endgame, this game's PvP sucks, this game doesn't have nearly as much content as World of Warcraft has, etc."

For all of you who have been around long enough to play Vanilla WoW: Think of the content it initially started with. I managed to play Vanilla WoW, and the content was minimal. If you ask me, it has the same content as SW:TOR currently does. A game cannot start off with dozens upon dozens of instances and stunning and cutting edge PvP! Everything may not even be as challenging as you hoped! But that's what the beginning of an MMO is for! When you start playing the released product, the developers and staff want your feedback so they can fix it and make the game into a success! Yes, that's what betas are for, but open and closed betas are only open for so long. Please stop badgering and trolling about how bad this game is for lack of content, and not shun Bioware and LucasArts for the new game and mistakes, but suggest things, go into the suggestion box and help them by just adding ideas to the mix.

Sincerely, a younger Gamer,
Mozaic

Lt_Latency
07.28.2012 , 12:48 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Mozaic View Post

My (gaming) name is Mozaic, and I am 14 years old. Please don't take this as a joke and say, "Wow, this kid doesn;t know what he is talking about." Please just listen. Some of you might be saying, "This game has no endgame, this game's PvP sucks, this game doesn't have nearly as much content as World of Warcraft has, etc."

For all of you who have been around long enough to play Vanilla WoW: Think of the content it initially started with. I managed to play Vanilla WoW, and the content was minimal. If you ask me, it has the same content as SW:TOR currently does. A game cannot start off with dozens upon dozens of instances and stunning and cutting edge PvP! Everything may not even be as challenging as you hoped! But that's what the beginning of an MMO is for! When you start playing the released product, the developers and staff want your feedback so they can fix it and make the game into a success! Yes, that's what betas are for, but open and closed betas are only open for so long. Please stop badgering and trolling about how bad this game is for lack of content, and not shun Bioware and LucasArts for the new game and mistakes, but suggest things, go into the suggestion box and help them by just adding ideas to the mix.

Mozaic
The problem is what WoW had then doesn't matter.

The game play for both games is close but here you get

4 warzones.(8 players max)

There you get

8+ warzones (10 -40 players)
Arena
a world built for players to run into each other
Some world pvp events.

When you are think about what to spend you 20 bucks a month on. One stands our right now.

This is just looking at PvP, though.

I think SW:ToR has a better leveling pve right now.

I don't raid any more so i can't comment on that

cipero
07.28.2012 , 12:51 PM | #3
14? So you played vanilla wow when you were 6 years old?
"I have continued on through the cold, misty woods, breaking a path that is simple for my feet to find."

BenjaminminU
07.28.2012 , 12:52 PM | #4

Mozaic
I am sorry to say this but, you're 14 now, vanilla wow was released in 2004. so you played it at 6 years old? :O when i was that age i was playing with pokemons and toy cars.

Other than that i believe you have some good points.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Logisitcs
07.28.2012 , 12:54 PM | #5
That's not the problem, it's the speed at which Bioware is going compared to other modern day mmo developers, namely Trion, and the non-existent communication between devs and playerbase

Felbear
07.28.2012 , 12:55 PM | #6
No, just no, stop comparing this to WoW, I love this game, but saying that this content even compares to the months spent farming up just to do MC or Ony is just ridiculous.
Adlar 50 Shield Vanguard
Colgoch 50 Bodyguard Mercenary
Fel'oon 50 Rage Juggernaut
Valorm 50 Marksmen Sniper

belizar
07.28.2012 , 01:02 PM | #7
I did my research. Just cause I'm 14 doesn't mean a thing. My post, in case you haven't realized, displays a lot more maturity than those of the raging trolls who's goal is to spite and mock a gaming experience.
when ppls gaming experience is older than u been alive yeah ...

Mozaic
07.28.2012 , 01:05 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lt_Latency View Post
The problem is what WoW had then doesn't matter.

The game play for both games is close but here you get

4 warzones.(8 players max)

There you get

8+ warzones (10 -40 players)
Arena
a world built for players to run into each other
Some world pvp events.

When you are think about what to spend you 20 bucks a month on. One stands our right now.

This is just looking at PvP, though.

I think SW:ToR has a better leveling pve right now.

I don't raid any more so i can't comment on that
And I know it shouldn't matter, it's just an example of some sort. I'm just telling the people who ARE complaining, that they should wait.

belizar
07.28.2012 , 01:07 PM | #9
your also comparing a 7yr old game to a 2011/12 game same standards dont exisit its called moving with the times
u cant release a basic mmo that would rival wow 7years ago u need one to rival it now in 2012

Crash-X
07.28.2012 , 01:09 PM | #10
It lacks incoming content, I think this is how some of us feel.