Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to move swtor to other computer?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
How to move swtor to other computer?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Missandei
07.28.2012 , 11:48 AM | #1
Is there any topic/thread where i can find out how to move the swtor to the other computer?

I dont want to wait for all that downloading and patching installing..
Can i just download the installer, copy my swtor folder to a new computer, run installer and point it to the copied swtor folder? though installer will find all the uptodate files already exists and simply register swtor in Windows registry and Start menu.. ?
And where is my config files for my UI?
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Jayshames
07.28.2012 , 11:56 AM | #2
Copy your SWTOR files to a USB, put into new computer, that way you'll only have to install a patch or two maybe.
SCOTLAND

ruralhippy
07.28.2012 , 12:02 PM | #3
^^ That. Except my swtor install is like 40 GBs, won't fit on any thumb drive I have. So I copy to an external drive with enough capacity and then copy to destination computer.

Jayshames
07.28.2012 , 12:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ruralhippy View Post
^^ That. Except my swtor install is like 40 GBs, won't fit on any thumb drive I have. So I copy to an external drive with enough capacity and then copy to destination computer.
Really? :O
I just recently moved my GW files from old computer and it was only 3~ GB and i've had that for like 3 years XD
SCOTLAND

Missandei
07.28.2012 , 12:23 PM | #5
How you made it to be 40GB? I have 20Gb..
Maybe you`ve installed the PTS also?
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Avorniel
07.28.2012 , 05:17 PM | #6
nothing to see here wrong post

DotFreelance
07.28.2012 , 05:29 PM | #7
Ah yes... SWTOR for me is 20GB, and if you have the PTS installed it would double that. Shame on you for testing new content ;P

Laevena
07.28.2012 , 07:11 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone,

We confirm that to install the game on another computer, you can simply copy/paste the installation folder from the old machine to the new one.

If you have the PTS installed and wish to reclaim the bulk of the hard drive space taken up it, please go to your game install folder:

...\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Assets

and cut all the files that are called swtor_test_* to another folder.
Run the normal game environment to make sure all is functioning correctly.
If all is well you can delete the folder you moved all of the test files into.
This will gain you approximately 17GB.

Hope this helps!

Thank You for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Laevena | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Missandei
07.28.2012 , 11:55 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Laevena View Post
Hello everyone,

We confirm that to install the game on another computer, you can simply copy/paste the installation folder from the old machine to the new one.

If you have the PTS installed and wish to reclaim the bulk of the hard drive space taken up it, please go to your game install folder:

...\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Assets

and cut all the files that are called swtor_test_* to another folder.
Run the normal game environment to make sure all is functioning correctly.
If all is well you can delete the folder you moved all of the test files into.
This will gain you approximately 17GB.

Hope this helps!

Thank You for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Ya! Thanks for official clarification!